test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is the value of gold in your opinion vs AD

arlequin13arlequin13 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
This is not a trade post in anyway but more an attempt to find a fair baseline for people online. What do you believe is a decent exchange rate between 1gp and AD. We see alot of spam in game chat and i would love to have a general idea so as to not get double crossed.

1gp=?AD
Post edited by arlequin13 on

Comments

• namebrandnamebrand Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Personally, I would value gold waaaaaay less than 1000 AD per gold. I would say maybe 100 AD per gold being as it's easy as heck to get gold. Heck, the TR I don't even try to level had like 60 gold before i burned some.

There's a reason you see people in /trade channel advertising things for sale with a note at the end saying NO GOLD OFFERS!
  • brandonv516brandonv516 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2015
    It's definitely not 1:1. Some players spamming in PE seem to think so though...

Maybe 4-5:1?
  • ajven0majven0m Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Maybe people burn through their gold quick? But someone sold me a Berserk Champions Scale armor for 25g. I'm not even sure what tier this is, but I think it's a T2 since there is a Berserk Scale with AC+12 and the Champion is +13. I saw it in AH for about 270k-300k AD, I think it was a good deal since I get more gold than ADs.
  • pentnoirpentnoir Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Gold only has use to me if I'm starting a new character. I usually transfer 20g to a new character for pet, kits, profession, and mount, but after that gold becomes near worthless as I only use it for removing enchant stones. Although, now that I know what enchants I want, I hardly ever remove them and gold just piles up.

If I can buy anything with gold that I can turn around and sell for ad in the trade house, I would. Not sure if there can be a direct exchange value because of how worthless gold is after the first few initial buys of a new character. I wouldn't trade a single ad for 100g or even 1000g.
  • arlequin13arlequin13 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I feel the same way yet often i see some good gear being sold for gold. Wanted to get an idea if the feeling was general or if i was the only person who thought gold was cheap.
  • codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    5 gold and u can buy a mount. They sell at 3 k AD pretty fast :)
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't really need an opinion for this one. Gold has an actual AD value (or rather, a ranged value), although it's not a steady and stable one, it fluctuates just like anything else's value in the game, going down in value with oversupply and up in value with undersupply. There are many ways to check on the value of gold but the two easiest ways (just because the math for them is simple) is to check the current AH rate of starter mounts or check the going rate for Major Injury Kits. You can use literally ANY item thats sold on the AH that's purchased with Gold but these are the things I personally use.

Currently starter horses are being sold for 3,350 AD. Divide that by 5 as it takes 5 gold to purchase a horse and you'll get 670.
    Currently Major Injury Kits are being sold for 350 AD. Multiple that by 5 as the sell for 20 silver each and you'll get 1,750.

So as of the time of this post, 1 Gold is currently worth between 670-1,750 AD.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Right now judging by the for-sale offers I see, I'd say around ~750AD/1g.

A good example is lots of people selling Preservation Wards for 3g per. That's 30g for 10 which is 100 Zen. 100 Zen is approximately 16,000AD right now. That works out to 533AD/1g and is far from the best deal out there.
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mrtehpuppy wrote: »
    Don't really need an opinion for this one. Gold has an actual AD value (or rather, a ranged value), although it's not a steady and stable one, it fluctuates just like anything else's value in the game, going down in value with oversupply and up in value with undersupply. There are many ways to check on the value of gold but the two easiest ways (just because the math for them is simple) is to check the current AH rate of starter mounts or check the going rate for Major Injury Kits. You can use literally ANY item thats sold on the AH that's purchased with Gold but these are the things I personally use.

Currently starter horses are being sold for 3,350 AD. Divide that by 5 as it takes 5 gold to purchase a horse and you'll get 670.
    Currently Major Injury Kits are being sold for 350 AD. Multiple that by 5 as the sell for 20 silver each and you'll get 1,750.

So as of the time of this post, 1 Gold is currently worth between 670-1,750 AD.

This pretty much sums it up. When I have extra gold just sitting around I buy a stack of Major Health Potions and put them on the AH. They sell within an hour. Around 1 gold for 20 potions. Put them on the AH for around 50AD each 1 gold = 1000AD this way.

Gold is only worth the amount of AD someone is willing to pay for your item bought with gold. No real baseline figures.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Who cares what the exchange rate is? In reality, it's crazy that 1g can net you even 1 AD -- much less 2000 AD! Gold should be worthless for anything other than removing enchantments, stocking up on potions and injury kits, and buying your starting mount/companion. However, since there are people foolish enough to waste AD on stuff you can buy with gold, go ahead and take advantage of the (I assume) young kids who don't understand economics and get as much AD -- the only truly valuable in-game currency -- as possible from your gold.

My advice is to keep an eye on the trade channel and buy quality items for gold to list in the AH whenever possible, but never sell anything to another player for gold. After all, you can make 20 gold (or more) in less than an hour of play. Oh, and you probably shouldn't keep what you buy from players with gold. There are exceptions, but it's almost always better to sell the item(s) for AD. Then you can reinvest the AD in making higher level enchantments (to sell for profit), buying and relisting lowball items for their actual value (for profit), and eventually, buying stuff you want (with your profits).