test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

armor Stat recommendation for Devotion Pally

dragonogredragonogre Member Posts: 70 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Citadel
I am at 50 right now I don't think I am going about it right I am holding my own in the lvl 52 zone with my companion the Mystagogue Controler. Anyone who is a max level Devotion Pally let me know what changes I should make for the stats for when I hit endgame. All this gear is just pick up gear from doing the quests.

15pjscl.jpg
Elemental Evil is the best module ever it fixed all the bugs!
Post edited by dragonogre on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's still early in the game to really know for sure. My first Paladin is a Devotion tree; your stats look pretty similar to my own, though much of my gear is blue stuff. My own focus was more on HP and Armor Penetration. Here's where things get REALLY tough: level 67 or so when you get to Spinward Rise. You'll find the mobs hit a lot harder and your damage is weaker.

The main benefit of the Devotion Paladin is that you can kite with Sanctuary up - and that will help keep you alive as it gives a strong, fast heal when you do that. You might want a healer companion with you, though.

I said all that to say this: You're still going to want good defense, which is primarily HP. Then focus on Armor Penetration (so you can kill mobs quickly as possible because it is painfully SLOW at level 70). I'm not saying my commentary is right, only that it is what I am doing and seems to be working so far. I do have the Artifact Shield that is given at level 70 from Sgt Knox and I have the Artifact Mace given when you complete Spinward Rise, but not using the mace yet.

I have the Mace of the Holy Knight (Ardent Coin store for 150 Ardent Coins) - as it levels with you up to 70 and has a weapon enhancement slot (my Devotion paladin is using Perfect Holy Avenger enchantment) - but the artifact mace must be upgraded to the next level before the Weapon Enhancement slot is unlocked - so upgrading that before I try to use it. Hopefully it will make killing mobs at least a little faster. But definitely defense; HP is the thing to go for, even for the Devotion Paladin.
  • dragonogredragonogre Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have bought a Dragon Bone shield since the photo and some gear changes from the dungeons. Running through Rothé Valley with little trouble though I am finding Temple of the Spider to be hard without the ap since most of the time I get random queued and someone higher is healing.
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    try to avoid pug (pickup groups) when u can. Join a guild, join a channel, get social. I have not gotten to run much t2 content without bugs.. so I'm still learning too :)
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • dragonogredragonogre Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am a member of a guild but only times they are 3 hours ahead of me mostly so not many on very often.