What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Icewind Dale Summer Fest [NW-DAFN4LUTH]

eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
### ALPHA TESTING - NON COMPLETABLE QUEST
### Please send any comments, suggestions, feedback to @eldarth
### Still lots to do, very, very early stages

### Any "festival" games you think would be fun let me know and I will see if I can implement them

It's Summer in Neverwinter! Tired of the heat?
Come to Icewind Dale Summer Festival!
- Ski Jumping
- Cross-country Ski Race
- Festival Games
- Childrens Ice Skating

Can you take the Gold?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Technically excellent, as usual. I like all the events. I wonder if you could add Curling with that stone that has interactable physics?

Some notes below, you may already have many of these one your to-do list:

Ticket Merchant is still Merchant Human 8
    The respawn fire is floating off the ice, not sure if that is intended or not.

Concierge:
    -“Kessel” needs another L at the end
    -explosion over the “childrens ice rink” should be “children’s”

Skating Rink:
    -the Black Ice closest to the fire is still Veiny Black Ice 01 , as is the one in the southern corner off the ice, and the one by the sled drop off point still has the default name
    -the spider that attacked by the sled are still labeled Deathpledged Gnoll
    -I was a little confused that some of the ice was rather outside the area bounded by the flags and cliffs, that took me a little bit to figure out.

Ski Jump:
    -I think I got the silver circle? It was hard to see since the light is so bright in the landing area I could barely see the effects.

Archery:
    -this was really fun. I think I got a gold medal from a silver spot though. Furthest to the left?
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the testing!

Curling. Hmm. That'd be interesting. Unfortunately there is no way of detecting where the rock would end up. Maybe if it's interactable then when you interact if it is within a reach point. Have to contemplate that one a bit.

Names and costumes (naked halfling assistant anyone?) haven't done at all yet -- really, truly alpha. Just barely have the ski-jump, archery and cross-country roughly working.

Someone (Valcontar??) managed to ski-jump way, waaay past the gold fire circle and 3/4 way up the mountain!
    Definitely need some adjustments.

Archery is definitely a little rough at the moment. I've pretty much managed to get two random numbers from 1-8 generated by underground timer type setups one for "gold" and one for "silver" medals that I can then make the bows randomly shoot for gold/silver or just awards so it'll always be different every play through. I can probably re-use those random numbers for things like a fishing tournament, or bobbing for icicles or something odd.

Need to get some invisible boundary walls up to -- Locksheon/@gornonthecob was roaming all over out of bounds. (Red Mage twitch.tv testing) ;-)
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    v0.2 05/07/15 alpha
    - Ski Jump Medal Landing markers adjusted
    - Costumed Ice Runners
    - Made Ice Runner Course easier to follow
    - Added Luck of Tymora booth (haven't wired up winning boxes yet)