test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Connecting to shard provider

greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
The game still times out on the 'connecting to shard provider' message when trying to log in. (Then the 'Play' button is greyed out).
Only way to log in is to press Y to switch user, sign out, and then sign back in.

This happens EVERY time I try to login, it was happening every time before todays patch, and is still happening now.

The strange thing is, I went to stay at my brothers house for a week, and I didn't have this problem once, but we both use the same ISP.

It'd be nice if this actually got fixed, it's very annoying having to sign out every single time.

Thanks!
Post edited by greatg1ginthesky on

Comments

• Options
    r3ppartr3ppart Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, same here. I thought there was a patch today? I downloaded nothing
  • Options
    slasa23slasa23 Member Posts: 44
    edited May 2015
    I cant log in still. annoying
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well I'm wondering if we're going to get some kind of update on if/when this will be fixed?
    I still have this problem every single time I try to log in. I'm still getting regularly disconnected when entering a dungeon or skirmish.
    It's actually becoming a chore just to play.

Any official info on this?
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well I'm wondering if we're going to get some kind of update on if/when this will be fixed?
    I still have this problem every single time I try to log in. I'm still getting regularly disconnected when entering a dungeon or skirmish.
    It's actually becoming a chore just to play.

Any official info on this?

There are some days that this will not work due to some real problem.

Nothing official, but I can tell you how to reduce to problem. Unplug the Xbox for 30 sec or so every day. This clears the cache and drops the shard/login problems to almost zero. If they start up again, repeat. The problem seems to be related to Xbox usage or possibly conflict with another game or app, which might explain why some people have it some don't.

The Que problem, entering dungeons, skirmishes, etc can be greatly reduced by queing almost anywhere except PE. Neverdeath works good, but any low pop zone should work. I think neverdeath has one of the lowest caps at 15.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    zephyriah wrote: »
    There are some days that this will not work due to some real problem.

Nothing official, but I can tell you how to reduce to problem. Unplug the Xbox for 30 sec or so every day. This clears the cache and drops the shard/login problems to almost zero. If they start up again, repeat. The problem seems to be related to Xbox usage or possibly conflict with another game or app, which might explain why some people have it some don't.

The Que problem, entering dungeons, skirmishes, etc can be greatly reduced by queing almost anywhere except PE. Neverdeath works good, but any low pop zone should work. I think neverdeath has one of the lowest caps at 15.

Hey thanks for the reply, but I really don't think it's a cache problem. I clear the cache regularly on my xbox, and I still have the login problem every single time I try to login. Not once or twice, but every single time.
    (Might I add that initially when the game was released, I didn't have this problem, but I have had it consistently now for about 2 weeks or so.)

I also don't have other apps running, because the majority of the time Neverwinter will be the first thing I boot up when turning my Xbox on, so it's unlikely that other apps are the cause.

Thanks for the tip for queuing, I'll try it out because I do usually queue from PE.