test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auto target question

rangerman25rangerman25 Member Posts: 84
Is there a way to turn OFF auto-target? That <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is driving me freaking crazy, especially in dungeon runs. For example: I play a Guardian Fighter, Valkas. And I am pretty good at holding the mobs attention, BUT say we need to take down mob A. I hit Mob A use my threat attacks get his attention and start whacking on him. All of a sudden Mob B steps up between me and him now I am hitting Mob B over Mob A...now I know I can stop attacking, turn around and attack again, but this wastes precious time in combat. Is there a way to turn off Auto Target so I am not hitting mob b, c ,d all the way to z instead of A which I need to be hitting to kill him before anyone else? Thanks for any helpful answers
Post edited by rangerman25 on

Comments

• Options
    reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    The term "auto-target" could use some disambiguation. Are you asking if there's a way to manually lock your target to a specific mob so that whatever happens, you're always targeting them? No. The only option available that affects targeting is the AoE assist, which automatically snaps your AoE circles (heals or damage) to the nearest targetable friendly or enemy. That can be turned off, and I highly recommend doing so because manual targeting is much more effective when you get used to it.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If someone steps between you and your target, why would you expect to hit "through" them to someone further away?
    Especially as a fighter.
  • Options
    attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    turn it off in the settings menu. its called Target Assist.
  • Options
    googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've found that AoE target assist only changes the daily power for me.
    The auto target system on this game is garbage. I'd be in a dragon fight and trying to get a cult member down giving me hassle when the auto target would drag my reticle 90 degrees anticlockwise to the dragon.... and then death. :mad:
  • Options
    rangerman25rangerman25 Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2015
    No what I meant by this...I know you cant go through someone and never said that was the case. For example: Mob A gets ready to pop a potion, we want to stop this so we can kill him. I go to hit him with my stun attack and instead hit mob c...2 mobs away. So needless to say Mob A gets his potion making our job harder. And it does this all the time, which is frustrating when you are trying to kill mob by mob instead of the whole group at once. Take out the DPS and you take less damage than if you try to just go for them all at once. And yes the auto target keeps snapping between different mobs and I prefer to just do manual aiming rather than the computer trying to assist me, cause face it...the computer aid SUCKS.