test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unidentified items + Need/Greed/Pass

rangerman25rangerman25 Member Posts: 84
I been curious about this for a few days now. I know on like a dagger it will tell a GWF "your class cant use this" but why for the love of God, do they not at least give us an idea of what class/role can use it? I literally started having to Need on anything that doesnt say "your class cant use this" to actually be able to get something out of a dungeon run and 99.99% of the time I dont know if it's gonna be a DPS item or a tanking item. While I like the not always being able to tell what item it is...can the devs not at least say that it's an item for a GWF as opposed to a Guardian Fighter? I usually Greed on stuff that I cant use or just simply pass cause I wont get it. Then as I said before I have to Need on stuff that doesnt say "your class cant use this" cause if I dont, everyone, their sisters, their brothers, hell even their dogs all roll Need. Kinda wish they would at least say what the item is sometimes, who can use it and what stat it increases XD
Post edited by rangerman25 on

Comments

• knightdoomknightdoom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    .can the devs not at least say that it's an item for a GWF as opposed to a Guardian Fighter?

Actually... This is already there, when the window comes up, hold on for a second(or tap thumbstick left), and the unidentified item popup should come up.

As per the DPS vs Tanking stat, that is up to the class player and how they wish to build. Need vs Greed vs Pass Its how mmo's usually run, atleast the ones i have seen.
  • rangerman25rangerman25 Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2015
    I am well familiar with the Need/Greed/Pass system. What I am not familiar with is the whole "unidentified item" so you have no clue if what you are rolling on is an upgrade, downgrade or useless all together. I prefer in these types of games if I know it's a downgrade or useless I greed or pass rather than Need. Cause say for example: we have 2 fighters. 1 Tank 1 DPS. Tank rolls need on a Warrior item to find out it's a DPS item. Now you could trade, but it would be a lot easier to know what you are rolling on first rather than playing the lottery and hoping you get lucky.