test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guide Lazalia's High Crit Build - NW-DGVASX7Z4

lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
Hello guys,

First, please note, I made this thread based exclusively in things related to the Foundry. This won't be a place to discuss anything regarding to the guide itself.

While I was working in my guide, I had an idea. It would be great if the people could check the guide while they are playing and the Foundry was a great solution for that, I created a foundry-guide (is it the first one?). I know there are some players that need to leave the game, go to the forum, start reading and that can be a bit annoying but this should help and so far, I've received very positive comments about it.

However, I would like to have the opinion of the experts in the foundry system. My foundry is simple, it is not heavily focused in lore, 0 battles, etc. Mostly is like an adventurer is looking information about how to become a good Great Weapon Fighter and need to speak to several masters in order to learn as much as possible.

I thought it would be great if I could add some Orcs fighting against dummies or between them so it looks like they were training too and add sounds but I don't know if it's possible (I'm a neophyte regarding to the foundry)

So, what I would like to know is:

1) Can I add some NPC and make them fight like if they were training? (They are not supposed to die)
2) Is it possible to add enviromental sound like if the place is very crowded or if there is people fighting?

Thank you very much for your help, greatly appreciated. Any criticism good or bad, will be valuable.

Title: Guide Lazalia's High Crit Build.
Code: NW-DGVASX7Z4
fkze9t.jpg
▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
Post edited by lazaroth666 on

Comments

• Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1.) Yep. You can set any enemy to Fight to Submission, causing them to stop fighting when reduced to around 10% hit points. While on this setting, they can't die, even if you happen to hit them hard enough to knock them down to 0%.

2.) I believe there are several sounds involving crowds, although I can't remember the name off the top of my head.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Being from Rebelión Latina I guess this can help:

http://elamodelcalabozofoundry.blogspot.com.es/

Some tutorials in Spanish.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People have done a 'guide' format before.. @mosby or @mosby1 did a "DM's Studio" that had all the visual FX displayed so you could see what they looked like in game.. It was quite the work of art actually. =D

Fight to submission will make them 'kneel' at like 5% hp or something. You could have a 'training bell' to ring to re-spawn the encounter to make them stand and fight again.

the background music you should listen to are the 'bar' and ' crowd' sounds .. don't think there are many. .. Umm.. could also use the clock / chime / sting sounds .. the pushup animation on npcs, the flex animation on npcs..

someone was able to have a fight going on in the distance by having a guard friendly encounter vs a guard enemy encounter

etc
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Thank you for your help guys, very nice info! I will take a look asap.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Ok, I did some changes to the guide, I think it's a lot better than before. Thanks for your help. :P
    fkze9t.jpg