test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cant upgrade rank 4 power

ancyrasancyras Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
On my 70 lvl paladin, I had a problem since last week about not to upgrade any powers and not to commit boons (even after patch)

I used retraining token, respec and got boons but I can't upgrade any Rank4 powers which says need to be 65 lvl and 65 power points spent as criteria at tooltip on powers.

According to rank4 upgrade criteria, I'm 70 lvl (over 65) and have 68 points spend (more then 65 and 7 available) but still can't upgrade any of Rank4 powers and need rank4's to run dungeons. Is this another bug or what's criteria?

I made a small search and many friends had same problem too. How many weeks and patches left after mod6 release still being busy with same bugs is really sad and frustrating.

rank4xx.jpg
Post edited by ancyras on

Comments

• ancyrasancyras Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    After 70 points, rank4 become enabled, but why tooltip say "must be 65lvl and 65 points spend"? Please change tooltips with correct informations.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Rank 4 powers are available AFTER 70 points AND AFTER level 70. In other words, you can upgrade to Rank 4 with your FIRST overflow reward power point AFTER reaching level 70.
  • dianafarhandianafarhan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had the same problem, how it started and how it ended-:
    I used free respec during my lving periode from 60-70
    1.Before reaching lvl 70 i unlocked Rank 4 powers.(well they are screaming to be opened during 60-70)
    2.One day i chose to respect(after i reached lvl70) and i did a respec using AD option
    2.1 I had the same problem you had.
    3.Din't play for few days , reason no boon, no feat but i had powers(''can't commit changes'')
    4.Bought a Retraining Token from Zen market.(Start all over again)
    5.I up all my powers rank by rank, slow and steady.(during the respect using the token)
    6. I'm able to commit changes to Boon and Feats
    7.AD respect worked after that as normal.

If this does not help you, send a ticket, well i did and surprise , they replied with a help to solve it but too late since i already manage to solve it. I lost the hard earned(sleepless nights) 108K AD , no refund, tht's the worst part of this whole saga.
  • ancyrasancyras Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Rank 4 powers are available AFTER 70 points AND AFTER level 70. In other words, you can upgrade to Rank 4 with your FIRST overflow reward power point AFTER reaching level 70.

where does it write after 70 points or 70 lvls? I got Rank4 on some other toons before 70. where says 70+ in power menu? Come mouse hover on "Unlock Rank 4" icon. It says "When you have spend ENOUGH points...." what is "ENOUGH" here? (Yes it is 70 but : )

r4xx2.jpg

When I respec, on powers, tooltip says "65 points spend and lvl 65". I couldn't get any rank 4 with 70 lvl and 68 points spent. So is it a bug or just a wrong logic / wrong text on tooltip? I had to spend (waste) points for spells I don't/won't use to reach 70 points...

r4xx1.jpg

And yes, you are right they are enabled after 70 points spent. But then why this tooltip say 65 or not any clear information at "Unlock Rank IV" tab? Or could be better to update tooltips or write clear information under "Unlock" tab. Seems a logical conflict here...
  • greyzithgreyzith Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    it happened to me too, still does.... , after 71 points spent i can't spend another point even after i click commit, it happened to my boons point too, i already submitted my tickets n waiting. Then i realized about another bug, my dragon sigil point stuck at 10 no matter how much i got...... Very sad....
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ancyras wrote: »
    where does it write after 70 points or 70 lvls? I got Rank4 on some other toons before 70. where says 70+ in power menu? Come mouse hover on "Unlock Rank 4" icon. It says "When you have spend ENOUGH points...." what is "ENOUGH" here? (Yes it is 70 but : )

And yes, you are right they are enabled after 70 points spent. But then why this tooltip say 65 or not any clear information at "Unlock Rank IV" tab? Or could be better to update tooltips or write clear information under "Unlock" tab. Seems a logical conflict here...

Look at your Powers tab and notice where the Rank 4 unlock is: Right under a line that says "70 points spent and level 70" :

Rank%204%20unlock%20crop_zpsjhgkfgwz.jpg

That seems pretty clear to me.

The orginal bug was you were able to choose rank 4 on some paragon powers before level 70. A patch fixed this bug, so you can't take rank 4 early. People who took advantage of this bug now have a problem with being able to commit to feats and powers, and the stated correction for their problem is a full respec.

If you already used the free respec, you'll have to spend 200 Zen to buy a new respec.
  • kinskik1auskinskik1aus Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am not responsible for that "rank 4 before 70" bug.

So I'll never spend 200Z for anything here.

Points that I'm spending are still not saved permanently:

— attributes
    — powers
    — boons
    — feats

This bug wasn't fixed for more than a week now!

Unbelievable . . .
  • jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Like darkstarcrash said, there are 2 different issues being intermixed in this thread. The intention is for rank 4s to unlock after 70 points are spent. This is the answer to the original poster, and it is working as intended. [Edited to add: There is a tooltip bug on this since the tooltip on paragon powers states level 65 and 65 points. This bug was previously reported.]

If you already had one or more rank 4s before level 70 or before you spent 70 points, and if your points for attributes, powers, boons, feats do not really save/commit, then open a ticket with customer support. There are reports of them giving a free respec for bugged characters once they have the information they need from you. This typically resolves the problem. Note that this has been taking several days (~5).
  • xrainbowcupcak3xxrainbowcupcak3x Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So... spent 116,438 astral diamonds to respec and I can't even spec my boons because SUDDEN STORM, has to do with my Boons? Sudden Storm is an encounter. I think that Cryptic owes everyone ANOTHER free respec token for messing this up and making people purchase a respec with Zen. We shouldn't be penalized for a mistake on their end.

91387f4555390e09c3a823351f1394d0.png
  • kinskik1auskinskik1aus Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not to forget that respeccing all points always takes a lot of time and nerves.

This is no fun at all. Worse than the "catastrophy of cats" (2 years ago) AND ClosedBetas together.