test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

looking for some dc tips for pvp

th3r3algam3th3r3algam3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
i want to redo my spells on my dc for pvp does anyone have any good websites where i can read up on this? im bored of pve
Post edited by th3r3algam3 on

Comments

• crispyslinky07crispyslinky07 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not to familiar with the mechanics of a dc but I have seen majority of good ones using astrol shield (sp?)

But maybe someone who plays a dc could chime in here and give you some good info

-Ant
    Ant
    < Goon Squad >
  • sentinelx3sentinelx3 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not to familiar with the mechanics of a dc but I have seen majority of good ones using astrol shield (sp?)

But maybe someone who plays a dc could chime in here and give you some good info

-Ant

I'm a very casual pvper, so take what I say with a grain of salt because I'm no pro.

I run as RiDO and heal in PvP.

Setup:
    At wills - Brand of the sun and lance of faith.
    Encounters - Astral shield, bastion of health, divine glow.
    Class features - terrifying insight, forsight.

I do fairly well with this setup, and while it doesnt do as much healing as a full blown heal bot, and doesnt do as much damage as having damage encounters, I can hold my own with damage from lance of faith/brand of the sun while keeping my team alive.

Made pvp alot more fun for me other than just healbotting.
  • divine82pvpdivine82pvp Member Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    i want to redo my spells on my dc for pvp does anyone have any good websites where i can read up on this? im bored of pve

Hard heals > heal over time heals.
    Tenacity PvP Guild
    Divine 60 Spellstorm Control Wizard
    twitch.tv/Divine1982
  • koloblikolobli Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sentinelx3 wrote: »
    I'm a very casual pvper, so take what I say with a grain of salt because I'm no pro.

I run as RiDO and heal in PvP.

Setup:
    At wills - Brand of the sun and lance of faith.

I do fairly well with this setup, and while it doesnt do as much healing as a full blown heal bot, and doesnt do as much damage as having damage encounters, I can hold my own with damage from lance of faith/brand of the sun while keeping my team alive.

Made pvp alot more fun for me other than just healbotting.

I will say I'd recommend going Astral Seal over Lance of Faith.
    Astral seal does a fair bit of damage and allows your teammates to generate some lifesteal. For your heavy hitters this is very useful.
    It's also important to know your at wills should be a minimum cast, get your divinity up and start dropping DG, AS, or BoH.

Right now I've setup my cleric with

At-Will - BoTS, Astral Seal
    Encounter- Astral Shield, Prophecy of Doom, BoH
    Daily- Hallowed Ground (I also have another one, but hallowed ground is too useful)

I'm sure my build has some flaws but my logic is this...I really really want Hallowed Ground up all the time, and I keep my team healed as much as possible with BoH. Prophecy helps my team focus damage and if that person dies, hey I have more AP!

My feats are all in the HoT tree but Divine82pvp isn't wrong, clutch heal is necessary which is why the temp hp from Astral shield has been my friend. I think I may respect to Avatar instead though.

Curious to see some other builds.
  • twitchx85twitchx85 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Biggest thing is to realize Astral Shield Fully empowered hightens yours and others damage mitigation to a point where you take zero damage, and a TR stealth lashing blade hits for 8, yes 8 lol. I use Astral Shield, Bastion of Health, and Dive Glow. Use divinity i will cast a bastion, and astral and a glow. Now fully empowered, cast your Cooldown astral shield. Stand and profit. At wills are Astral and whichever else helps you build divinty fast.

I am Divine Oracle, Faithful Tree
  • cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Immune circles.... Immune circles... Immune circles. I do not play a DC. However, this is what I prefer to see. Whichever team has this and the other team does not, will be at a HUGE advantage.
  • andy2k666andy2k666 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Divine Oracle, Faithful Tree
    At wills - Astral Seal and Brand of the Sun/Flame.
    Endless

eRekt ION
  • koloblikolobli Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    twitchx85 wrote: »
    Biggest thing is to realize Astral Shield Fully empowered hightens yours and others damage mitigation to a point where you take zero damage, and a TR stealth lashing blade hits for 8, yes 8 lol. I use Astral Shield, Bastion of Health, and Dive Glow. Use divinity i will cast a bastion, and astral and a glow. Now fully empowered, cast your Cooldown astral shield. Stand and profit. At wills are Astral and whichever else helps you build divinty fast.

Twitch thank you very much for this info! Reading the Astral Shield description I did not anticipate the strength of an empowered cast.
    I now run around with an empowered AS 90% of the time in my pocket and it has saved myself and teammates countless times!
  • zeroedout1zeroedout1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    twitchx85 wrote: »

I want to try this combination on a DC using Astral shield, to see if it works.

Strangle to beging (he has the Astral down) Conduit of Ice, Immediately push force him out of the area with Repel (RB), Ray of frost while strangle is going on, Chill strike a couple Chilling clouds, (Icy terrain in case a rogue is coming) and strangle again. I think he would be frozen the whole time or maybe have a few seconds to re-heal. Opinions?