test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

QoL Suggestion, Associate Refinement to Character, not Equipment

tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi,

I understand my idea involves fundamental changes in terms of how character and refinement work, and will probably never be considered, but I think it's a pretty good idea and just want to put it out there for other people to voice their own ideas as well.

I propose changing the refinement system to be associated with equipment slots instead of the actual equipment. So you would actually refine the "main-hand" equipment slot, and any artifact weapon you put in the slot becomes a legendary weapon. Same for other artifact equipment and artifact slots.

This eliminates the need to have to refine anew every single mod, and allows players to swap out artifacts at will without having to refine the whole artifact again. This also adheres better to the character progression aspect of a RPG game.

Just my 2 cents.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tonyswu wrote: »
    Hi,

I understand my idea involves fundamental changes in terms of how character and refinement work, and will probably never be considered, but I think it's a pretty good idea and just want to put it out there for other people to voice their own ideas as well.

I propose changing the refinement system to be associated with equipment slots instead of the actual equipment. So you would actually refine the "main-hand" equipment slot, and any artifact weapon you put in the slot becomes a legendary weapon. Same for other artifact equipment and artifact slots.

This eliminates the need to have to refine anew every single mod, and allows players to swap out artifacts at will without having to refine the whole artifact again. This also adheres better to the character progression aspect of a RPG game.

Just my 2 cents.

You don't understand. They WANT you to refine additional artifacts. They WANT you to spend $ doing it. So no. Your idea will not be implemented... Ever.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    You don't understand. They WANT you to refine additional artifacts. They WANT you to spend $ doing it. So no. Your idea will not be implemented... Ever.

1. Yes I do understand.
    2. What's the point of your post?
  • looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Of course it would be a good idea to make refining independent from the current item, because everyone has trust issues: 4 months and we have to start all over.

But it will never happen as ph33rm3 stated before :D

I would love to have some sort of intelligent equipment that improve when you use them.
    It was one of the best features of neverwinter nights: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Enserric_the_Sword
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tonyswu wrote: »
    1. Yes I do understand.
    2. What's the point of your post?

So if you understand that they want you to spend money on this game to help you refine additional artifacts, why make a suggestion that would reduce the amount of money they could potentially make?

Whats the point of YOUR post? Why suggest something that you know good and darn well is never gonna happen?
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So if you understand that they want you to spend money on this game to help you refine additional artifacts, why make a suggestion that would reduce the amount of money they could potentially make?

Whats the point of YOUR post? Why suggest something that you know good and darn well is never gonna happen?

1. Because it's an improvement.
    2. Because I am not the decision maker, so it may or may not be accepted, I do not know, neither do you.
    3. What, again, is the point of your post?

If you have nothing useful to add, please do not reply to my post. I have no intention nor time to argue with you. If you think it's a bad suggestion, offer your feedback. Otherwise please feel free to stop posting.