test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arcane Singularity

jripoljripol Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Library
Having some trouble figuring out how Arcane Singularity works. I am level 16, and this is my first character in Neverwinter... ever. I just got Arcane Singularity and tried it a couple times, but I see nothing happen. Am I doing this wrong? Is there a time delay and I am killing the mobs too quickly? Is there something special to how you cast it?

Could not find any videos of anyone using this on Xbox One version.
Post edited by jripol on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Trigger Arcane Singularity and you now have a reticule that slides over the ground. Move your mouse around to position that reticule where you want it to be, ideally the most mobs as possible will be inside the yellow circle. When ready: click the left mouse button to trigger it.

When you trigger it a large lightning ball will appear above the ground (that is your singularity, which is the scientific term for "black hole") - it will try to suck-in all the mobs it can (up to 15 if I remember correctly) - minion mobs more easily, brute mobs partially, bosses: rarely. These mobs NPCs will then be spun around the orb and the orb explodes.

Most of the minions will be dead, Brutes will be very low health remaining if not dead. Bosses can take a pretty decent hit. It is one of the most powerful Control Wizard dailies available and a favorite every since launch.
  • jripoljripol Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    click the left mouse button to trigger it.

I think this is where I am getting hung up on the Xbox. What button do I click after I set up my target area? I have seen the yellow flowery reticule after I use LB+X to trigger the singularity, but what button do I push to set it? I tried A and X, but do I need to push LB+X again?

Anyhow, I will have to play with it some more. There is just no real instruction for using these abilities, so I was not sure what I was doing wrong. I want to see some suckers flying in the air, dammit!! :)
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I imagine it would be the same button you use to fire your primary at-will: which button you use to shoot Magic Missile. I apologize I am unfamiliar with X-Box controls (though I'm familiar with its controller). I do not think they would change the "rules" with how things work.

This is why I suspect its the same button you use for your primary at-will: trigger Singularity Encounter, use joystick to position the reticule, then press the same button you usually press to shoot Magic Missile (or other primary at-will power if you changed it).
  • sirfortysirforty Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2015
    Lb*** x again
    Demon "Head Hunter" Spellstorm Control Wizard
    Skorn Scoundrel Trickster Rogue
    Midget Healz Anointed Champion Cleric

Xbox One
    GT : SirForty