test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

60-70 is absolutely aweful!

semunesemune Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Leveling up to 60 was really quick and fun, it never felt like a grind... Then I hit 60...

It's just one zone with the same quests over and over, and they barely give any EXP!!!

What is this? Why did you even increase the level cap? This is such a joke.

I'm sitting here with 2 characters at 62 because I can't bring myself to grind anymore, it's too slow EVEN ON 2x EXP!!!

I'm just gonna play another game while just leveling up by invoking until this is fixed, this is ATROCIOUS.
Post edited by semune on

Comments

• pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    This is how it feels like

20-Cats-Who-Fail-At-Playing-Hide-And-Seek-16.jpg
  • areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Something else you may, or may not, have noticed. When you are in a 70 zone at 60-69. You get more Health and Atk however every other stat % drops. 34% Defense drops to 26%, 43% Recharge drops to 21%, ect. Basically nerfing every other stat effect as a cost for more Hp and Atk.

I for one do not like it.
  • semunesemune Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wouldn't be against going back to level 60 being max level, honestly. Everything about 60-70 is just awful, whoever's idea it was should be fired.
  • tornacltornacl Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All of my level 60s are at lvl 69 just be invoking 6x every day +a week of 2xXP. Once they get to 70 I can go thru the zones whenever I choose.
  • semunesemune Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think they should automatically put everyone to 70 after they hit 60 until they figure out a way to fix this mess, NOBODY LIKES IT.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hit level 70 after the 2nd area of Reclaimation rock. They should consider reducing the number of vigilance task to 8 or 10. People can do more for XP if they want. This will keep things moving. Forcing people to stay in one area for 16 tasks is so boring and tedious.
  • sunnyx22sunnyx22 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    +1
    I cant even bring myself to level the alt anymore.

One char from L60 to L70 and staring into the barren land that is lying beyond L70 was too much.

Maybe logging in to invoke again and getting to L70 that way but even that is just depressing to log on to the game and find it so messed up.
  • toxicwolfietoxicwolfie Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Made through DS with some bumps along the way.Took a few tries to work out a good skill combo,but I got it.And even though I am now lv67,I am scaled back to 64.And it happens as soon as you hit 65.So now I find my self stuck on Water Node.Untill I can find help or get tried of trying and just move to the next map zone.Sure I will likely get stuck there too,but at least it will be something else to look at.All that water and my toon being a CW,makes me cold in real life watching him there. o.o

The fixes for this mess can't come fast enough.
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    semune wrote: »
    I think they should automatically put everyone to 70 after they hit 60 until they figure out a way to fix this mess, NOBODY LIKES IT.

I like it. So your statement is wrong.

Yes, the XP are less, but still I made fast progress. I agree, that the first map is tedious and boring. Earth is a little bit better, but not much. But fire is cool. And wind is great (except when it lags).

I have all my three mains at 70 by doing water and earth and the occasional Harper Boward Quest. 4 Vigilance Quests a day don't take much time and let you finish a map in 9-10 days. That means lvl 70 in about 2-3 weeks. Faster with the 2x XP week, invoking XP and Invocing XP Bonus (2nd time each day).

There are also PVP, Skirmish and Foundry.

My other alts are at level 65-67 just by praying 2-3 times a day. It's no great deal.
  • adisonmakadisonmak Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tedious and grindy? yes.
    slow to level? not really.

each zone spreads 16x3 set vigilant quest into 3 part (at least tis what i believed once i done Water & Earth zone - 1 more level to 70). by the time u finished 1 set of vigi quest you will close to or gain a level give or take. what i do is nitpicking the quest that is easy to get it done back & forth each part within the zone while DD & skirmish in between.

i don't think i will ever want visit back this 2 zone ever. urghhhh... reminds me the horror especially when trying pluck out the earth seed. died so many times as the mob keep spawning... until i realized i have to kill the general 1st or the spawning will not stop. not sure whether it is intended sneaky mechanic or a bug.

sigh... 2 zone down, 2 more zone to go.....
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sunnyx22 wrote: »
    +1
    I cant even bring myself to level the alt anymore.

Leveling alts at the same time takes a bit longer to get your main to 70, but is more efficient and faster to get all toons to 70 than if you did each alt separately. As you do the tasks on you main, you figure out which ones are can be done fast, and which ones are tedious or have horrible drop rates for quest items, and which ones can be done at the same time. Even when you are short on time, you can just log in the alts to gather the next set of tasks to do. Also you will get more invoking XP in
  • thesn0wmanthesn0wman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You must be doing it wrong!

I've only been playing about a week and have just now hit level 65. And I have only JUST now started doing level 60 quests, all pre-60 quests so far have taken me to level 65.

I dont know if it will be grindy or whatever from 65 - 70 but so far 60-65 has flown by, I'm actually looking forward to doing the last few levels, so fast its just gone a bit too fast really.

Pro MMO Player tip; Do ALL quests, never skip!
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For me the process was not bad

The disappointment came when I reached 70 and went back to the Ring and the Well and found all the monsters at 72
  • khaymanbb1023khaymanbb1023 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Slow? Dude, how long did it take you to get to 60, 2 days? I'm a before/after work player, who has a family so I can't play like I'd really like, and I had mine to 70 in about 2 weeks. Didn't finish Spinward until just a few days ago.
    A horrid grind, absolutely. Will I ever go back? No, there's no reason. No rewards, super low xp, I'll just do my 5 dragon dailies and pvp/gaunt, and hope they fix the other areas...I really miss Icewind Dale...