test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Sunless Citadel (NW-DE3DIWXT7)

hethet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
This is a Neverwinter translation of the D&D 3.5 Module "The Sunless Citadel"

I had created this back in 2013 when the game first released. I touched it up a bit and am now releasing it again!

Why should anyone travel the cracked cobblestones of the Old Road? The fortress that once cast its shadow across the road does so no longer, some whisper that the earth swallowed the fortress whole in an age long past. Four brave adventurers resolved to discover the truth and set off down the Old Road, but they never returned.

Recommended Players: 2 - Doable solo

Exploration: High
Combat: Medium
Story: Medium

Would love some feedback on it :)
Post edited by het on

Comments

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I played with my level 68 DC.

Wow: showing 59 minutes average play time. You may want to copy the quest and cut it into two halves. It is pretty easy to get stranded in Foundries or lose progress due to disconnects. The play time may discourage players. Since my reviews usually take 1.5 the amount of the average time, that is really really daunting to look at.

I didn’t finish this quest, as I usually give a quest three deaths before I throw in the towel. Since I have a Soulforged enchantment that means it is really six deaths. Since I was playing in the 60+ range the difficulty is really ramped up. Difficulty settings might help with this. Traps are also quite different now and many players find them frustrating. You may want to consider removing some of them.

I think the handmade dungeon is very nice and it has a very good old style adventure feel. I wish there were more rewards for exploring. Since we can’t give treasure, some lore or Easter eggs would be nice.

My detailed notes are below:

Oakhurst:

-the pigs in the fenced in area are still labeled with their default names of Pig 1, Pig 2, etc.
    -in Rurik’s conversation, second text box he says that Kerowyn’s children were “amoung” them, that should be “among”
    -also in his third text box when he says “piercing wound” it should be “piercing wounds” (I couldn’t think of any reason that would be singular due to dialect, but I suppose it could be.)
    -Kerowyn in her second text box she says “grande” when it should be “grand” (in English at least)
    -I would recommend adding some more details to the village to help soften the look. Bushes around the houses, some more trees, grass, and other plants. Maybe some more animals.

The Dark Ravine:
    -the Dark Ravine map looks very nice but having a map transition to walk 100 feet seems like too much. As much as teleporters are a pain to work with, I would recommend you add this section to the Oakhurst map.

The Sunless Citadel:
    -the custom map is very nicely done.
    -in the room with the many decrepit skeletons in which I channeled good to enter, I was disappointed there wasn’t even a lore item or something to reward me for the combat.
    -you are using a LOT of traps in confined spaces. Just keep in mind that companions won’t cross traps. I was constantly Dismissing and Summoning my companion, that got a bit frustrating. It may cause players to give up.
    -in the room with the spike traps and Goblin Sharpshooters: Keep in mind that spike traps continually cause injuries as the player is rooted. I took 6 injuries and was killed twice (Soulforged enchantment rezzed me the first time) by a single trap. Players may give up at this point. My second attempt at the room required 8 injury kits and 15 potions of superior healing, all from waiting in the spike trap after the enemies were killed.
    -I’m not sure if I handled the door jammed with the dagger correctly but I was able to run in when it opened briefly. This trapped my companion outside which made the fight very difficult.
    -in the description line for Yusdrayl it says “The kobold queen stands before.” I think you are missing a “you” at the end of that line.
    -After getting stuck on the second set of spike traps after talking to Yusdrayl, I almost quit the adventure. I recommend rethinking those.
    -after the large room with several goblin encounters, I left the adventure
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ