test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elven Battle vs. Blood Theft for GF

lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvP Discussion
Hi There!

I am not 100% sure where to post this question but since it concerns mostly pvp I posted the thread here.

First question would be, is there a point in further upgrading the elven battle up from perfect? According to the tooltip nothing changes.

I have a Swordmaster GF (Ingerimm) and have build a transcendent blood theft and a perfect elven battle enchantment. The GF is build for defense and support and currently level 68. Now i have difficulties to decide which enchantment to employ.

The Elvenbattle allows me to replace shield talent for another class feature (usually i run shield talent and desperate survival), so that way i can slot for example steel defence or steel grace. It also noticably reduces some cc effects (especially in combination with steel grace).

The Blood Theft on the other hand gives me, since the loss of in combat healing from reg, much needed healing when i am defending a node solo. It also (at least in the pre level 70 pvp) still does a fair amount of damage to opponents (something this tank build otherwise can not).

So what do you think would be a better fit for a defensive GF build in PVP?
Post edited by lonewolfmk1 on

Comments

• Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd go for Negation.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have thought about negation too, but since to my knowledge your damage resistance usually cant go over 80% and using the shield already gives a GF those 80%. Thats why i focused on the other two enchants for now.
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    guard does not cap at 80%

The last 20% is then affected by your current dr.

For example if you have 30% dr the remaining 20% let through by block is now only 14% instead of 20%. And if you add a P negation most of the time as a gf you will have 10 stacks giving another 30% dr which makes the damage through block now 8%.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Great, that means i have got now 3 enchants to choose from :-)

I think i need to test a bit once i hit level 70 (probably tomorrow).