test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Negation needs a little tone down in two aspects

ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PvP Discussion
1) the constant shield pop up in your face when you're hitting a neagiton wearing guy... really now? i cant see anything while this thing is on my screen

2) the dr it gives it to strong, it makes caster classes as tanky as tanks

revert it back to old negation only with a 15 sec cooldown

regards
Post edited by ofnieslaf on

Comments

• martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No. Sorry that's not the right approach, negation on SW / HR is fine, it only seems strong on CW because they have purple shield.

and lets not talk about tanky classes that have negation aswell and still dish out insane damage.

Once again, negation is ok, the classes are not.
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No. Sorry that's not the right approach, negation on SW / HR is fine, it only seems strong on CW because they have purple shield.

and lets not talk about tanky classes that have negation aswell and still dish out insane damage.

Once again, negation is ok, the classes are not.

it makes anyone too tanky.. its not ok.. its pretty absurd, if this was the old HP pool then ok... but were at 100K's now...

regards
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's pretty much inferior in PvE. But agreed that negation's shield popping up in a fight is annoying.
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    ofnieslaf wrote: »
    it makes anyone too tanky.. its not ok.. its pretty absurd, if this was the old HP pool then ok... but were at 100K's now...

regards

It's not that everyone is too tanky, which is not a bad thing. Rather, it's a combination of some multiple factors which makes it feel wrong.
      (1) Everyone got a lot noticeably tankier except the class you play (you're SW, right?), which still is pretty relatively frail when compared to others
      (2) Everyone got a lot noticeably tankier, except there's this one, broken <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of a class that ignores all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and simply manages to delete 60~70% of your HP bar within half a rotation
      (3) It just so happens that some other class that was best equipped to smack around that class mentioned above, were nerfed to mediocrity
      (4) Everyone got a lot noticeably tankier -- which means this other class, which used to be able to make their friends unkillable when they were all less tankier, now have things even easier and make them even more unkillable
      (5) They added in a new class, which adds another layer of 'tankiness' above all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> mentioned above

...this is why I've been tirelessly arguing that the SW needs to become a specialized debuffer in both PvP and PvE, not a gimmicky CW-knock off straight DPS. Counterspells and curses that directly target player buffs and nullifies them... heck, they cast Arsetral Shield? SWs dispel them. They cast heals? SWs debuffs heal amount and makes it worthless. Mobs hit too hard in dungeons? SWs debuff their damage to kingdom come. Mobs are too toguh? SWs debuff their damage resistance to NEGATIVE levels... etc etc..
    edited April 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    On the one hand, negation sticks out as being significantly better than most armor enchants. For a module where they "reworked" enchantments, they didn't end up with giving a lot of viable new options for different builds, it seems. Most enchantments remain useless.

On the other hand, it's also nice to have characters that don't die so quickly in PvP. The high tankiness it affords characters is really strong, but no one is unkillable. It could maybe take a slight toning down, but other adjustments are probably much more important at the moment.

Agreed. The increase in the time-to-kill factor, would probably be the single most successful element of mod6 PvP so far, regardless of other PHAILs.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yea, negation makes my TR into an impenetrable wall.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why don't you use it too? :p
    I think its most efficient too build up dr via hit by the high frequency of the attack like tr's dul and dots. Its like against the old unstoppable, you have to cc ur target and release all your heavy strike encounter before the dr build up. cw with tab shield + negation really is a problem, but its the shield make cw tough, only cw take the adv from shield where all classes are able to take the adv from negation. Of cause, if u can afford one(9 m in ah, omg:eek:).:rolleyes:
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    How many people crying about the Negation have Barkshields or abused Bloodthefts?

Wouldn't be surprised if it is most of them. Your ex-OP enchant is now useless, you can't sell it, so you have a cry about another one that works.

Swamp the lifeboat so everyone drowns mindset.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fastrean3 wrote: »
    Why don't you use it too? :p
    I think its most efficient too build up dr via hit by the high frequency of the attack like tr's dul and dots. Its like against the old unstoppable, you have to cc ur target and release all your heavy strike encounter before the dr build up. cw with tab shield + negation really is a problem, but its the shield make cw tough, only cw take the adv from shield where all classes are able to take the adv from negation. Of cause, if u can afford one(9 m in ah, omg:eek:).:rolleyes:
    its not physically possible for a hr to kill someone before they fill those stacks up sorry. i wish it was.
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Even a lesser negation is better than transcendent version of some enchants like fireburst / frost / thunderhead etc.

Blame the devs, this is yet another failed attempt to rebalance the enchants.
  • k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    1) the constant shield pop up in your face when you're hitting a neagiton wearing guy... really now? i cant see anything while this thing is on my screen

2) the dr it gives it to strong, it makes caster classes as tanky as tanks

revert it back to old negation only with a 15 sec cooldown

regards

negation DR should have half effect on range class like CW,SW,DC and HR
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So we all know Negation Enchantment it's Currently overpowered
    or over defensive ..how ever you call.

Beside
    10% Incoming Healing
    10% Recovery
    30% Damage Resistance

All this as a Nonstop buff, It's simply too much!
    and the main Problem is this:

["each hit increase stacks" ]

this is it,
    what this Enhancement extremely overpowered makes.

A way to Balance it could be:
    [Only 1x stack per Second / 1-2 Sec Between]

I think this could help really, to Balance it and
    make it fair opposite to the other enchantments,
    without decreasing the Stats.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Imo it should be a trade instead of pure buff. For example:

Every stack you gain 2% dmg resist and -1.5% dmg done. This way it will still be useful for those who want to tank, while it wont make classes which are suppose to be glass cannons so tanky.
  • greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »

Every stack you gain 2% dmg resist and -1.5% dmg done. This way it will still be useful for those who want to tank, while it wont make classes which are suppose to be glass cannons so tanky.

Wow Great idea mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now let's make offensive Armor Enchantments such as Fireburst/Thunderhead/Bloodtheft debuff your damage resistance because they're offensive!

You're a genius.
  • syrickwolfsyrickwolf Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2015
    ill tell you the same thing youve told others. l2p!!! this is really a learn to play issue no one else struggles with this only you.
    edited May 2015
    I can guarantee you this is about time, where introducing a more complex damage modelling would start solving problems.

Instead of having all our damage categories being nothing but concept in nature, it should be applied all separately. Fire damage, electric damage, ice damage, poison, psychic, necrotic.. you name it. Separate resistances, separate defenses for all of them, so you can more tweak and customize the defenses and offenses to your own liking, as well as making it more and more difficult to just rack up defenses that apply to all.

So many problems could be solved through this. They used to pull this off perfectly even 10 years ago in CoH/CoV. Why they devolved from that wonderful system, into this carebear, casual model is beyond me.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    syrickwolf wrote: »
    ill tell you the same thing youve told others. l2p!!! this is really a learn to play issue no one else struggles with this only you.

I am not the one you told ltp, but this is not a ltp issue. I fought a CW with transcendend feytouched/ negation with my 3k IL 90k+ HP CW perf. vorpal/ gr. SF. I had no chance. His enchants are just superior to mine. The guys with this combo are mostly dedicated PvP players (I know their names/ guilds from other matches) and you cant compensate the difference in effect with superior skill, bc their skill is top, too.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    syrickwolf wrote: »

L2P? Really? So you're saying someone who just started doing pvp can beat someone else with perfect enchants and 100k+ HP?
    edited May 2015
    quspiv wrote: »

This guy makes sense coz it will prevent abuse of this enchant

Now let's make offensive Armor Enchantments such as Fireburst/Thunderhead/Bloodtheft debuff your damage resistance because they're offensive!

You're a genius.

:rolleyes:
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Right, Negation is fine for SW an HR, they need it as is. CW with shield+negation, tank classes with negation, already near immortal DCs with negation, GWF with unstoppable+negation, etc. These make for a very hard to kill foe (that is the point) but none are unkillable with CC+damage.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015

You're a genius.

No need to, because others aren't as broken as Negation. They dont have to take my suggestion, but they will either lower the resist bonus from Negation or add some kind of trade of for balance purposes. I've suggested dmg debuff because i know there's plenty of players which dont mind losing some dmg to gain survivality for their builds and play style.

There are also other options such as: whenever you cast ranged attack you lose 1/3 of your stacks. etc.
    edited May 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    yyyyyy

perfect vorpal incr crit severity by 50% decrase crit chance by 30% heuhueuheuhueh

where does pugs like you come from thou?

nvm quspiv is paladin probly doesnt find much use of negation and want it nerfed then rofl

and when it did not crit? 0%
  • thirty6chambersthirty6chambers Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    I am not the one you told ltp, but this is not a ltp issue. I fought a CW with transcendend feytouched/ negation with my 3k IL 90k+ HP CW perf. vorpal/ gr. SF. I had no chance. His enchants are just superior to mine. The guys with this combo are mostly dedicated PvP players (I know their names/ guilds from other matches) and you cant compensate the difference in effect with superior skill, bc their skill is top, too.

This man speaks the truth.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yea sure lets make enchant that debuffs you rofl nowday pugs logic is priceless.
    enchant is fine its just ppls that cannot afford it want it to be nerfed.

you are wrong my friend i can afford everything i want when i want .THE enchant is overpowered it should be to get stacks every 5 seconds ( what 2 ? we talk about 30% dr) or you get 30% dr after 10 hits for 10 sec but with cooldown 40 seconds.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yea sure lets make enchant that debuffs you rofl nowday pugs logic is priceless.

You're right it's not the enchant that should be nerfed, but others that must be buffed.

To compensate 30% DR 10% inc healing and recovery i want my SoulForged to give me 10s immunity to damage and CC after being revived and 30% of my total HPs, considering negation is 100% uptime and SF is 75s cooldown.

Other armor enchants too.

Barkshield shielding 10-8-6-4-2% total HP at full charges; if damage received is lower, 1 charge is consumed but the HP-shielding remaining is transferred to the next charge. Charges every 6 seconds.

And so on.

Now this is balanced and Negation can stay the way it is.

Unless whales are afraid to lose their precioussss advantage using the FOTM enchant.
    Some classes like GWF must keep attacking to build stacks, so if, say, a CW is equipped with negation and you try to "burst fast" to avoid negation stacking, you crush your unbuffed low base damage on his shield/ base DR.
    Some classes apply DoTs and can't change that mechanic.

For PvE negation is weak. For PvP it's clearly much better than the other enchants, and this is why all the whales went for it.
    I still remember the first period when Lathander Set was "BiS" before the nerf and all the bugs, the river of tears from many P2W whales who found so unfair that they could not buy their victory but got to be lucky and drop an Eye artifact to have the set.

Now whales have their exclusive "BiS" setup worth a sh*tload of milions of ADs and can be happy with it.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zeusom wrote: »
    Right, Negation is fine for SW an HR, they need it as is. CW with shield+negation, tank classes with negation, already near immortal DCs with negation, GWF with unstoppable+negation, etc. These make for a very hard to kill foe (that is the point) but none are unkillable with CC+damage.
    regards

So let me clarify something,
    I don't know if u all actually notice or not.

The Only classes with benefit of it are Ranged Classes,
    which make them even powerful & tankness than a melee class.
    this amount of PERMA %DR Boost they get it's simply to much,
    it increase their Advantage that they already have as a Ranged class UP to 100%

For GWF/GF wich are DR based Classes, It's NOT not a high differents it's minimal noticeable.
    - A GWF with R12-Negation died 10x Faster than a Ranged-Class with -

I don't want a nerf for this,
    I calling for a BALANCE, make it Fair opposite to the other Enhancement!,
    barkshield is a trash compare to this, for example.

that is main Problem wich it make's to a Nonstop-BUFF :
    ["each hit increase stacks" ]
    I think 2-3 Sec Between the Stack's could help,

Do Not Forget I'ts Only 10x Stack in Total! For all this LOL.
    10% Incoming Healing
    10% Recovery
    30% Damage Resistance

R12 Soulforged only trigger once every 75 seconds.
    10 stack each hit vs only 75 second lol

Less than 3sec is Needed to have Full 10x Stack to Perma-Buff
    same as crazy like the FAST AP Gain from DC-
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    deldrach wrote: »
    Agreed. I mentioned a comment last week in the patch notes about negation. Negation and Fey need adjusting down.
    Classes are screwed up and require balancing as well.

That's it, sink that lifeboat.

Barkshield sucks, this sucks, that sucks. But don't improve them, make Negation suck. Hurrrrrr.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Negation is the same principle as CW shield - multiplicative with DR (and therefore with tenacity and shield), not additive. It's not a hard 30% DR. It also cannot be mitigated by arp. Although at this stage with tenacity being bugged, it might as well be a hard 30% DR since everyone has 0% DR due to arp res being bugged and arp being way high.

Fix tenacity first before looking at negation.