test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reclaiming the Hoard quest.

daddyman5565daddyman5565 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Tiamats's hoard is now 100% and will stay that way, I assume until the normal weekly turnover sometime next week. This is not good news for people trying to complete the "Reclaiming the Hoard" quest. they cannot turn in the 15 coffers to complete the quest until next week where, once again, a select group of indiviuals will get to complete the quest until the hoard is full.

Is this as intended or is this just another example of the toilet fodder we have come to expect from mod 6?
Post edited by daddyman5565 on

Comments

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I feel that this is one step to a perceived problem.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They implement this while tiamat is still impossible at the moment...how about nerfing the fuggin mobs before putting this in cause its a useless update
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've stopped donating to the hoard thing anyway... I'm WAYYYY to squishy to even think about attempting Tiamat, and there is no longer anything in the ToD store that I want or need.. so there is no reason for me to even go to the WoD any more.

Shame. I liked it there.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • goatsharkgoatshark Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The original thinking was we didn't want people to feel like they were wasting coffers, since you can't raise the hoard above 100%. We're investigating this now.

Also, we are examining the difficulty of Well of Dragons and Tiamat herself.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    goatshark wrote: »
    The original thinking was we didn't want people to feel like they were wasting coffers, since you can't raise the hoard above 100%. We're investigating this now.

I understand the intention, but donating to the hoard was an alternative way to earn Linu's Favors -- and especially with Tiamat basically impossible right now, it was the only way to earn Favors.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Well, since Tiamat is undoable, I wanted to at least buy my way through my favors, but I can't even do that because I can't donate. Please make donations available anyways, or make them stack for the following week?
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    Well, since Tiamat is undoable, I wanted to at least buy my way through my favors, but I can't even do that because I can't donate. Please make donations available anyways, or make them stack for the following week?

Yeah you should be able to donate past 100%. Easy solution.
    edited April 2015

This is awesome. Actual feedback from someone "in the know". Thank you for this. I think communication from you guys will help soothe a lot of the grief that's being posted in the forum and in-game.

An idea that might work: base monster difficulty on a character's item level score, and scale it appropriately. In the case of Tiamat, base it on the mean average of all the characters in the zerg.

And while you're here, let me buy you a beer, and we can discuss being able to form our own 25-person parties for Tiamat... :-D
    header.png
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Could you do us the favor of setting an item level that doesn't let people underleved in trash gear in. Half the reason its impossible is they can't do ****
    edited April 2015
    Could you do us the favor of setting an item level that doesn't let people underleved in trash gear in. Half the reason its impossible is they can't do ****

And if it's anything like ToT was before Mod 6, the other half the reason it was impossible is because the elitist high-GS players would quit or go AFK after the first head attack, in case they would actually have to play out the zerg for the full 20 minutes, instead of being able to finish it early.

The nnest runs I had in there were with fellow 16k-18k GS characters.. they always stayed and fought to the end, win or lose.
    header.png
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Could you do us a favour and give us private queues instead of doing what you've done in T1s, ie removing most of the damage/dangers and call it a balance pass? That would allow us not to have to deal with people with lvl 60 gear at lvl 70, clerics spamming sunbursts, and so on... Not being able to chose who you're playing with in an endgame instance is really ridiculous, and handing over protector seals gear on a silver plate to anyone stepping in, sitting at spawn except for the last 2 mins would be absurd too.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And if it's anything like ToT was before Mod 6, the other half the reason it was impossible is because the elitist high-GS players would quit or go AFK after the first head attack, in case they would actually have to play out the zerg for the full 20 minutes, instead of being able to finish it early.

The nnest runs I had in there were with fellow 16k-18k GS characters.. they always stayed and fought to the end, win or lose.

The low geese quit just as fast as anyone else. MMOs are math games just as much as they are skill games if not more so. Clowns in their trash greens simply cant do what people in up to date gear can do unless the people in up to date gear are being ******ed. That's just how it is.

They already said they can't do private queues to Tiamat and they said it in the time when they had the resources to think about it as a real option. The game is apparently on life support in the current mod. What we should want is basic functionality rather than the correction of awful decisions about stuff that isn't really a big deal. Tiamat sucked then, it sucks now and if they fix the no gear issue it will still suck but if they do fix the no gear issue it will at least be finishable.
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Could you do us a favour and give us private queues instead of doing what you've done in T1s, ie removing most of the damage/dangers and call it a balance pass? That would allow us not to have to deal with people with lvl 60 gear at lvl 70, clerics spamming sunbursts, and so on... Not being able to chose who you're playing with in an endgame instance is really ridiculous, and handing over protector seals gear on a silver plate to anyone stepping in, sitting at spawn except for the last 2 mins would be absurd too.

I cannot agree with this strongly enough. Even a system like in GG PVP where a group of 5 can q in would be extremely helpful. That said, the ideal would be if a whole guild can go in, and I think it would boost guilds immensely as you can start to coordinate battles. Other games can do it, so it must be technically feasible.
    I also find the "one week hoard count" silly. Surely a daily reset would work just as well and prevent all the problems about people not being able to donate.
  • loexwellloexwell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We tried tiamat yesterday since its at 100% buff.
    Defending the clerics went fine, but the heads have to much HP. We couldn't get more down than one (the black one), and we had a really good party. So lowering the HP of the heads would be a quick solution.
    Tiamat is impossible atm.
  • pantherwitch4982pantherwitch4982 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think my major problem with this is that I want to get the Eternal gear from the ToD store, but am unable to get the dragon fangs as quickly as I want (yes, I'm impatient). Each piece is 15 fallen dragon fangs in cost (plus coins, AD, and gold) and getting 3 per day makes it frustrating. (Assuming a player can complete the quests, that's 20 days for the full gear set. And that set is lovely on helping to run the new areas. Extra HP? Yes Please!) I would love to have the reclaiming the hoard available even if Tiamat is at 100%. In order to contribute and thereby getting the 9 fangs per week, I would have to stay up until 4 AM on a Monday morning. And I know others are in the same situation or worse. By the time we get up and get going, it's already reached the cap. Allowing contributions to continue toward the ability to complete that quest would be very helpful for everyone looking for the ToD currencies.
  • lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    loexwell wrote: »
    So lowering the HP of the heads would be a quick solution.
    Tiamat is impossible atm.

Cryptics thoughts about it would sound like: it's meant for 25 players in mythic lvl-70 gear, so you can get the drop of some lvl-60 gear :)
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i had post it somewhere, seem it got lost in other topics, or moved as "unrelated".

i had made a list of ideas to fix, hoping devs would considered and make investigate in thier test server.
    what i had recommended.

many players dont like getting one-shotted, get lag deaths, and few other complaints.
    so, here is my concept.
    once the cleric reach maximium beam, it should "Banish all the legions" from that section, til other clerics made 100%, and should do same effect, banish the devils, making less lag.
    2nd, reduce amount of devil spawns, less data pressure mean less lags.
    reduce White dragon's "Stun durablity" timer, it is too long, and easy target for devils making one-shots, making more time losing running from revive camp to defending clerics, some takes kits or potions, lost more time.
    reduce devils health within about 5-10% health, or lower the defenses they have.

when one of the heads is down, that head should be stunned or cast lesser effect base on remaining health it has.

those who doing nothing but leeching, they would be booted if afk for 2 minutes or longer if they made no hits and no "losing rewards" to be given out at the end of events, only boot them if they are in "safe camp", but no bootings if they are in combat floor unless no hits for 2 mins while afk, then apply to boot them out.
    devs should know the lag effects, and stop blaming the players for PC's, it may have something happen on local internet routes.

other players are also concern about "AFK", and trying hard to play, and got frozed, they should be flagged as played and in combat if they have good scoring standing if they cant move for 2-3 minutes, they would be flagged to teleport to nearest camp in Taimat and give them time to be able to move and run back to combat.

same for those dragon heralds, no additional summoned bodyguards, they "scream" too much data informations, creating bottleneck, other players blaming others for using astral seed or massive sudden data stream and players cant do anything or move in lagfest, those local spawn camps should be empty near the heralds' ring camps.
    no summonings.
    and trim health on dragons, if they got 30 million HP, at least cut by 1-2 million. (offically, i dont know the total base it has), it just number speech and guessworks. just enough to watch the lags reduced.

no more getting "one-shotted"....