test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We're aware servers are down

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
UPDATE 3:26 PM PDT: We're looking into the possibility of a DDoS affecting our network connections. We'll update as we have more information.

We're looking into the issue and will update you as we get more information.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xboxarcaccountxboxarcaccount Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I left a quest line halfway through that I will have to redo from the beginning to join a dungeon. So about halfway through the server goes down, I waited about forty five minutes in that queue.....this Is my second character, first is sixty with teir one gear and I gave up on it between the constant disconnects and group kicks at the end boss, I'm done with all that.

I really hope they fix the performance and seriously upgrade the group finder. Stacking five random classes with no class priority into a dungeon with no kick cool down leads to ridiculous internet foolish and grievous behaviour.
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Spent an hour or so last night running a T2 dungeon, then BAM the servers go down.
    Well, i've just done the same thing an hour into a dungeon and they do down again. Coincidence that both times is during dungeon delves? I'd say somebody somewhere is having a llama!

Curious at about what time you experienced this, last night? Same thing happened to me. At about 10:30pm PST last night, get to the last boss in LotMD and boom. Server Not Responding. I wasn't able to log in for at least 20-30 minutes.
  • Options
    getphazedgetphazed Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This release is still far better than some other mmorpg releases. Might have some issues but eventually they will get fixed.
  • Options
    greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zaknafyen wrote: »
    Curious at about what time you experienced this, last night? Same thing happened to me. At about 10:30pm PST last night, get to the last boss in LotMD and boom. Server Not Responding. I wasn't able to log in for at least 20-30 minutes.

Ah well i'm in UK timezone, right now it's 10:20 pm, i'd say it went down about 2am my time. From the messages floating around it was going to be down for a few hours apparently, so I just went to bed. :)
  • Options
    xboxarcaccountxboxarcaccount Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While it's down add my race reroll token, and fix the group finder......just real quick like ;)
  • Options
    xfatalfrenzyxfatalfrenzy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Love how it always happens when dungeon delves is up ;)
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ah well i'm in UK timezone, right now it's 10:20 pm, i'd say it went down about 2am my time. From the messages floating around it was going to be down for a few hours apparently, so I just went to bed. :)

I see. Well, definitely not around the time I experienced, but, nonetheless, it's pretty irritating.
  • Options
    reapermech86reapermech86 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    happy to see you guys are looking into this
  • Options
    xxamaraxxxxamaraxx Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They 4got to feed the hamsters...... >.<
  • Options
    jood87jood87 Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2015
    Prior to today, the game has been working nicely for me. However, today I get disconnects every 3-4 minutes and it takes the same amount of time to connect to a "shard server". What gives? I have dumped a lot of money into this game and it just gets worse and worse....
  • Options
    xpaddymacxxpaddymacx Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. The game is becoming unplayable.
  • Options
    xxghost1505xxxxghost1505xx Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is lame I understand this happens with all games but I will never get use to it. Pls fix in a timely manner.
  • Options
    lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I saw in another post people talking about the connection issues not being our problems, and just wanting to play. I kind of feel that way, but it seems like with both console and pc having issues, it seems like their aren't enough hands around to keep the things working right.

My main question is to ask if you (Devs) even know what the problem with the connection is? Why are there no reports saying you have found something and are trying that to fix it? I feel it may be all of the server swapping to fight the dragons. I lag a whole hell of a lot more in a dragon map, than one without it. Icespire Peak vs. say Pirate's Skyhold.
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Is there an appropriate time frame on when it may be back up? I have some trades that I have set up to make today I hope this don't take too long. This happened yesterday while a group and I were fighting the main boss in a dungeon with my alt at dungeon delves hour. Not only did I miss out on 3000 AD for the bounty but seals and gear too so I'm right there with everyone else.
  • Options
    googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From Twitter feed:
    "We're looking into the possibility of a DDoS affecting our network connections. We'll update as we have more information."
  • Options
    r3ppartr3ppart Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    googoots wrote: »
    From Twitter feed:
    "We're looking into the possibility of a DDoS affecting our network connections. We'll update as we have more information."

Uh oh, not good. I sure hope that isn't the case. Could be days to fix it :(
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    r3ppart wrote: »
    Uh oh, not good. I sure hope that isn't the case. Could be days to fix it :(

Great don't say that id rather be misinformed then know its gonna take days to fix. Well looks like its time to grab the fishing rods.
  • Options
    nuxl33nuxl33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First I don't want this to sound like a ***** fest. I actually have enjoyed playing this game on xbox a great deal. It's just flat out fun. In fact I've enjoyed it so much I contributed it to the game. I've bought the Dragon born legend pack etc... Primarily just to show my support for the folks that work on this game. I've had gaming as a after work hobby for many many years. In fact my roots go all the way back to Ultima Online. The point being I've been around a long time.

Now onto the part where I <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and moan like a emo 12 year old xboxer.

Annoyance 2

I work in the technical field I realize issues take a while to resolve. I don't care that frame rates/random disconnects aren't resolved. I do care that there has been a utter and complete lack of communication about the issue. I have yet to even see a weekly update on the issue where they say they don't have a ETA for a fix yet. That is not acceptable if I did that to my user base I'd be out of a job. Why should I continue to play your game much less throw a few dollars to support you if that's the case?

Now onto annoyance number 2

I realize getting updates onto console isn't near on console as it is PC. It's completely understandable there has been no added game content yet. However are you working on anything? Can we expect to possibly see a major update enter cert in early May? Well hell if I know because you don't talk.

Now it maybe that I'm just stupid or something. I mean maybe they are posting all this information somewhere I just haven't found it. However right now what I see is someone laughing going stupid console players.... Watch them spend money on a game we never actually plan on updating or fixing.

Also before someone says oh well this isn't a huge dev studio. How do you expect them to have resources to do all this stuff. My answer to that is have you played War frame? If you haven't go do it. That's a free to play game managed correctly it's just sad NeverWinter doesn't seem to be the same way. Especially considering it is a fun game, and I'd love to continue to support it, but at at this rate I won't throw another dime at it.

I'm too lazy to spell or grammar check this post. It's kind of like being too lazy to communicate properly with a community.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unplayable at the moment, LAG, disconnections, memory timeouts, rubber banding...
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    thormadn3ssthormadn3ss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    are the servers still down ???

I myself am now back on but my friend Play option is greyed out anyone else having this issue ??
  • Options
    masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I haven't been able to log back in quite a while. Starting to get annoyed. I see others broadcasting Neverwinter, so I'm not sure if they are in the server or not.
  • Options
    feileacan1967feileacan1967 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    and they are down now again.
  • Options
    skxawng60skxawng60 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    so Neverenter is down again uh there's a shock
  • Options
    disturbdzx6rdisturbdzx6r Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OK any ETA on when the heck we will be able to play this game???? It was down this morning and is still down now it's been like 7 hours now!!!! A reply or some information would be nice ... HELLO????:mad:
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OK any ETA on when the heck we will be able to play this game???? It was down this morning and is still down now it's been like 7 hours now!!!! A reply or some information would be nice ... HELLO????:mad:
    Are you still not able to connect? I'm in the Central Time Zone (currently 1:12 PM) and have been playing for all but three hours since 7:00 PM last night. I'm not saying this to gloat, but to help you troubleshoot. There are lots of people playing, and I think we all connect to the same shard on XB1, so maybe your inability to connect is on your client. Maybe try a full (long power button press) reset of the XB1. Some people who have had trouble connecting fixed the issue by signing out of their account, quitting the game, and then signing back in and restarting the game.

Good luck. I hope you get back online soon.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I might have to try that because the Play option is grayed out and it is still not letting me log on. Saying no shards available its really frustrating lol thanks for the info
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I logged out of my Gamer tag and logged on my wife's and it let her on ... so i logged back into my gamer tag and now it works ... not sure what happened there but thank you for your advice
    hope to see you in game
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Excellent! Glad it worked.
  • Options
    thormadn3ssthormadn3ss Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ya for some reason logging out of account and back on fixes the greyed out play option. So incase anyone is having that issue just do that.
  • Options
    lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    and it seems they're down again. keep seeing "Server Not Responding" and getting disconnected. Thanks for the free 2x experience I guess.
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.