test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My thoughts on the new state of the SW

jborn1976jborn1976 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Nine Hells
I do love the class and I do think its over much broken. What I have observed is this, with the nerf to regen and Lifesteal the SW is now fully handicapped, I shall explain.

I am not the original designing dev of this class but logic dictates that the class mechanics, dodge mechanics (glide) Encounter powers and passives were fundamentally designed around the concept of a life leaching necromancy type class like in D'&D. This did work while the class had access to the previous LS and regen system.

Now nerf the regen and LS across the board and every single function of the SW becomes handicapped as it was synergized and built from the first on the regen and LS conept.

Here is a list of the more handicapped functions

Glide instead of dodge, well it was ok when the class had LS and regen but now while health drops real fast with no way to raise it a skill that does not allow you to dodge or escape not a single power in the game needs to be revamped very quickly. (note: at this time SW is the only class which cannot dodge to protect itself)

Warlock's Bargain, this skill was originally designed that the health loss would be made up over time with adequate equipped LS or regen. well there really is no functioning regen or LS anymore even at 4k so this skill just kills instead of helps.

Running out of time to post but you all get the gist feel free to add to the list as you see fit. Maybe the devs will see

All in All if regen and LS stays as it is the warlock class needs to be revamped from the ground up to be designed to survive without the regen and LS to which it was designed around in the first place.

Because honestly how do you have a life leaching soul stealing class that can barely leach any life or come close to even stealing a soul while being used as a punching bag by all classes in pvp and not being invited to any of the elite dungeon runs because the class has no survivability.
Post edited by jborn1976 on

Comments

• martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Completely agree, you could overlook the clumsiness in the past due to high survivability but now that it's gone they need to look into the clunky shift ability (which now becomes the primary source of defending yourself) and the long cast animations.

1. Improve the shift ability
    2. reduce cast times (example, Tyrannical lasts 15 secs but it takes 5-7s to cast it and mark 3 target for maximum dmg)
  • rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    if your struggling this much...on your other char farm Elol for the seals. goto the vendor and under misc you can buy a set of blues which are account bound for any class. thats one way anyhow.

But Elol already feels like mod 5 on my SW. only difference is that the scorps take a bit longer as we arent insta nuking them with the fabled set.

Tabatha

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
  • pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited April 2015
    This topic never gets old does it? The devs don't care about the warlock. About time we accepted that. Best advice I can give is to just play whatever you enjoy, broken or not. One day, maybe the devs will wake up and finally fix their sorry excuse for an RPG. Until then you just gotta roll with the punches.

P.S.
    I do like the idea of Shadow Slip giving increased damage resistance while slipping, but then I'm sure someone will cry about it being to OP and nerf the change within a week. Don't get your hopes up about this class man. Just enjoy it while it's even still somewhat playable.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What would also be great would be a heal effect while shifting, like the paladin has but only for the warlock. It would also fit thematically. And a +0.5% life steal chance on int would be great. Intelligence for the warlock is kinda a useless stat atm, and more lifesteal is needed.
    And then of course there are the very badly scaling powers like vampiric embrace, dark one's blessing or just the lesser curse, that worked fine up to 60, but become totally useless at levels 61+ because the rules of the game change... And let's not forget the countless feats that scale of weapon damage...
  • pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2015
    What would also be great would be a heal effect while shifting, like the paladin has but only for the warlock. It would also fit thematically. And a +0.5% life steal chance on int would be great.

Most useful change I could ever think of. Seeing as how we have no dodge it would only makes sense that shadow slip should ooze with utility.

INT is way more important now than ever, so if you think about it locks only have 2 main attributes now instead of 3. Way to go game...