test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best for offense and defense slots on gear?

herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Library
Just wondering what you CW are now using for slots on gear, is radiant (hp) better for all defense slots now with the horrible defense curve. Is dark (arm pen) better than radiant (power) now or do you use a mix or something else? I am still confused on the cap for armor pen this mod if anyone could enlighten myself.
Post edited by herpnderp2 on

Comments

• kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    herpnderp2 wrote: »
    Just wondering what you CW are now using for slots on gear, is radiant (hp) better for all defense slots now with the horrible defense curve. Is dark (arm pen) better than radiant (power) now or do you use a mix or something else? I am still confused on the cap for armor pen this mod if anyone could enlighten myself.

It's still in flux some, but I'm using a mix of Dark, Radiant, and Savage (since the only things that look worth it are HP's & LS). Right now I'm at 11.8% on LS, and I'm trying for more than 15 (prefer 18).
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I prefer Radiance for offense & Savage for Defense.
    This is assuming you get crit/arm pen where you want it with gear.
    Recovery is near worthless if you have Spell Twisting.
  • twizaatwizaa Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    as a new player grinding 60-70 in auction house greens, i've been using all arm pen for offense slots, hit point for defensive slots. i've also been using gear with arm pen/life steal combo, and shield as one of my encounters. this is the only combination out of all that i've tested that will let me move quickly from quest to quest without health issues.
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    savage and brutal are the best enchants. At rank 12, they give 140 extra stats compared to a single stat enchant.

Crit and ap is very close in power for renegade, so it's better than going with azure/radiant.
    You need quite a lot of lifesteal (which is just not present on gear) and you always want hp for defense, so you go with hp/lifesteal on defense once again.

ArP is important but there is a TON of it on gear and on the companion gear. It will be quite easy to max it once companion bugs are all gone.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just put my Savage and Brutal on the AH. I'm using Radiant, Dark, and Azure in offense, with Radiants and Darks in defense.
  • angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    smulch wrote: »
    savage and brutal are the best enchants. At rank 12, they give 140 extra stats compared to a single stat enchant.

Yea, I would say Brutal are better than Rad for offense slots.