test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Biggrin's tomb is too difficult!

lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
That is what I keep reading in the forum since mod6 was released, so I wanted to give it a try with a GWF using gear with very low item lvl.

https://youtu.be/Bo6ldYNvuhw

Disadvantages:
Lv 70 equipment = Blue weapon and green gear, no shirt/pants.
No artifacts, no enchantments, no augment ioun stone.

Advantages:
Every boon unlocked. (Elven Tranquility and Enraged Regrowth were only 13% of my total self-healing)

Yeah, I died 3 times, unfortunately, I went inside too confident and unprepared because I was too used to run it in 2 minutes with all my BIS gear and I never realized how strong would be these mobs hitting a character with very bad gear and I would say that it was a new experience for me. There was also a point where I didn't even care about using an injury kit lol that made everything much more interesting and that is the idea because I was doing it for fun.

Anyway, it is possible to solo it with very low item lvl, for a gwf at least. I had boons unlocked yes but no artifacts nor extra hp (radiants i.e), nor companions helping and that should do some balance.

This post is not for show off, just showing that the idea about Biggrin's Tomb being impossible is absurd, just avoid the red areas!

(Check my channel, there are some vids soloing 10+ HE for fun too)
fkze9t.jpg
▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
Post edited by lazaroth666 on

Comments

• Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you definitely cheated, hax0red serverz, sold your rear to satan to buy those greens for $ and did it back in mod2 :D
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Hax hax hax!"

something that moron prettycelt would say
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wrothless, skillless, brainless ppl will always cry about somthing being too hard, instead improveing and learning. Coz its easyer. Also, they dont need to admit, they r what they r, when they assume, evrything is just too hard. its a relief for they egocentric minds.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good use of Avalanche of Steel as a defensive/offensive daily.

It was funny to realize that Biggrin summons wolves at 50% and 25% health: I had always taken down his health so fast it seemed like wolves spawned as fast as I killed them.

This fight may still be tough on my SW. Channeled interruptible spells and long casting times already made this lair annoying. Now with the higher hitpoints and damage of mobs it could be tricky. I guess I'll find out this week, just for giggles since I have the boons already.
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, I felt so bad when I had to discard that green gear, costed me a lot of zen. ;p

The increment in the damage dealt by the mobs was necessary, the pre-mod6 PvE content was infinitely boring, with the incoming reworked dungeons we will see new mechanics and hopefully, more difficult scenarios. The players need challenges, that's the only way to improve.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Nice post lazaroth :)

As you said people with lower gear find it harder as I know some people on my friends list who have struggled with this but you also showed it is very possible to do with skill and right build.

Anyone who really struggles badly and has at least decent gear should come onto the forums and find a build for there class or learn some tips on what powers to use.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The increment in the damage dealt by the mobs was necessary, the pre-mod6 PvE content was infinitely boring, with the incoming reworked dungeons we will see new mechanics and hopefully, more difficult scenarios. The players need challenges, that's the only way to improve.
    Let's give this fine fellow a Gold Star for being 100% correct!

*slow clap* :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mods should sticky this with a title "if you find mod 6 content impossible"

or at least make a sticky for videos like this, low gear dungeon clears, so
    1) ppl stop whining
    2) ppl can learn how to do it
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good use of Avalanche of Steel as a defensive/offensive daily.

It was funny to realize that Biggrin summons wolves at 50% and 25% health: I had always taken down his health so fast it seemed like wolves spawned as fast as I killed them.

This fight may still be tough on my SW. Channeled interruptible spells and long casting times already made this lair annoying. Now with the higher hitpoints and damage of mobs it could be tricky. I guess I'll find out this week, just for giggles since I have the boons already.

Yeah, I actually remembered that when I did it on my TR yesterday! Had my Galeb Duhr tank Biggrin away from me whilst I killed the wolves each time. For me it was a much more enjoyable fight than before.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well done, will give it a try with lvl 60 gear.
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    70k citr with green gears hmmm soo wierd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well played, OP.

Three things:
    1) It'd be interesting what companions you've used, as some of them give quite sgnificant boons. It also would be interesting to see the lower part of your stat list in the char overview.
    2) you somewhat profit from Winter's Bounty. I didn't count how often but saw it proc...
    3) you got a good-ish ISP connection - fluidity of motion etc. give that away.

This isn't intended to invalidate your core statement that Biggrin in principle is doable with low-gear GWF. IMO SW and HR are the classes I'd dread the most to do Biggrin with.

Still, you have good knowledge of as well the class as the lair, which has been acquired during easier-playing times. Don't see the larger fraction of the newcomers taking it upon themselves to get there, with the immediacy the difficulty cliff hits them when they get to IwD...

[...]
    It was funny to realize that Biggrin summons wolves at 50% and 25% health:
    [...]

65 and 35% actually. And, yeah, I'm a nitpicker. Why you're asking? :cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2015

not really, gwf has really high crit severity, and among all skills and feats the damage is boosted 200% at least, also companions like erinyes and that sword might have been included
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited April 2015

not really, gwf has really high crit severity, and among all skills and feats the damage is boosted 200% at least, also companions like erinyes and that sword might have been included

blue artifact weapon, blue erinyes and pvorp means 150k+ crits solo
    Paladin Master Race