test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bad Inventory

oc007ooc007o Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
HUGE Bug. Anything to do with items in my inventory this game crashes. When I say crash, the game screen freezes then after a minute or so dashboards. I'll make the list.

No Trading
Can't open inventory.
Can't trade. (window will open but as soon as you try adding an item, BAM! crash.)
Can't Auction. (same as above)
Can't sell to merchants.
No LB+Left D-pad to open.
Can't Access through Menu.

Anything that is a means to looking at inventory crashes the game.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
I've done multiple hard boots.
I've uninstalled other games.

However, I created a new character and I'm able to open inventory.
I also logged onto a different account to do the same and it worked.

So my guess is that there's an item causing this to happen in my inventory.
I don't believe it's any refinement items because I am able to refine from my character select screen.
All started on Friday night the 19th.

I don't know what else to do.
Post edited by oc007o on

Comments

• pentnoirpentnoir Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All I got are some basic stuff. Try clearing the game save data. Goto xbox settings and system. Can also try clearing the cache, unplug the power supply from the xbox, tap the power button a few times, then plug the power supply back into the xbox.

As a last ditch effort, try a reinstall. Otherwise, I have no clue and is submit a ticket.
  • oc007ooc007o Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pentnoir wrote: »
    All I got are some basic stuff. Try clearing the game save data. Goto xbox settings and system. Can also try clearing the cache, unplug the power supply from the xbox, tap the power button a few times, then plug the power supply back into the xbox.

As a last ditch effort, try a reinstall. Otherwise, I have no clue and is submit a ticket.

Thanks for your comments. I've tried and to no avail. :(
    edited April 2015
    Inventory is a huge part of this game. Yet I cannot do anything with it. I'm surprised there's Noone else with my issue. I've also tried other options to try and fix the issue myself. But it's obviously code related. I have rewards to claim. Dragons I've killed and leveled up past 60. I can't access inventory to open boxes. Any help from mods or devs would be appreciated. Opening a ticket definitely did nothing. And the support is supposedly in "beta". It seems this would be an easy fix if my character could be looked at server side. As its hindering me from selling items, using the auction, or even trading with others.
  • meliodas24meliodas24 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello, I have same problem. No can open nothing , no sell or trade... please we need help. (Xbox one).:mad:
    edited May 2015
    meliodas24 wrote: »
    Hello, I have same problem. No can open nothing , no sell or trade... please we need help. (Xbox one).:mad:

I've tried everything under the sun. All i get from the ticket guys is this.

<<Please do not repost CS responses, per Rules of Conduct.>>

This is obviously a pretty bad bug and if it were to affect hundreds more. The community would stop playing.
    You won't be able to do anything that relates to your inventory.
    This response also seems to be pc related as there is no bug reports option on the Xbox One. I don't know if they realize it's been ported to the Xbox one.
  • jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2015
    oc007o wrote: »
    Inventory is a huge part of this game. Yet I cannot do anything with it. I'm surprised there's Noone else with my issue. I've also tried other options to try and fix the issue myself. But it's obviously code related. I have rewards to claim. Dragons I've killed and leveled up past 60. I can't access inventory to open boxes. Any help from mods or devs would be appreciated. Opening a ticket definitely did nothing. And the support is supposedly in "beta". It seems this would be an easy fix if my character could be looked at server side. As its hindering me from selling items, using the auction, or even trading with others.

Thought for a second your overflow slot in your inventory was full, but if you cannot access your inventory at all it makes little difference.
    edited May 2015
    jrourke wrote: »
    Thought for a second your overflow slot in your inventory was full, but if you cannot access your inventory at all it makes little difference.

Exactly what I tried telling them.

GM --- "For the error 'Error you cannot do this when you have items in your overflow bag', please make sure that you do not have items in your Overflow Bag and have enough space in your inventory."

Me --- "Regarding the bag overflow. I cannot access my inventory to withdraw from the overflow bag. Thats when the game crashes."

GM --- "Please try the following process to resolve the crashing issue:
    - Restart Network Gear and Xbox One
    - Try to temporarily disable your router Firewall
    - Try to connect directly (wired) to your network gear"

I then get the same response as above. Unrelated gameplay bug. Please submit a ticket or post on the forums.
    edited May 2015
    oc007o wrote: »
    Exactly what I tried telling them.

GM --- "For the error 'Error you cannot do this when you have items in your overflow bag', please make sure that you do not have items in your Overflow Bag and have enough space in your inventory."

Me --- "Regarding the bag overflow. I cannot access my inventory to withdraw from the overflow bag. Thats when the game crashes."

GM --- "Please try the following process to resolve the crashing issue:
    - Restart Network Gear and Xbox One
    - Try to temporarily disable your router Firewall
    - Try to connect directly (wired) to your network gear"

I then get the same response as above. Unrelated gameplay bug. Please submit a ticket or post on the forums.

New patch. Still no fix. Awesome 3 weeks now.
  • meliodas24meliodas24 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    :rolleyes: hi, im have overflow and 1°bag broken. This have any solutions?
    edited May 2015
    No solutions yet. However this last patch made it take a bit longer to crash. Even though inventory still doesn't open.
    2.7gb download of fixes and my game still crashes when I open inventory. Gg arc
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    I'll poke somebody about this.

In the future feel free to message the community team if there is a major issue like this and we will see if we can make sure the developers are aware of it.

We are not omnipotent and do miss threads from time to time. :)
    Finally a response. But i've submitted tickets and all. :neutral:
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Tickets will not get responses. Nor will bug reports generally.

I just happened to come by and see this as a long standing and IMO serious bug.
    Tickets will not get responses. Nor will bug reports generally.

I just happened to come by and see this as a long standing and IMO serious bug.

Well thanks, if there's anything you would need to speed up the process. Let me know.
    It's now October and I see the new content, updates and patches have been released. And yet I'm still glitched. No responses, no help, no service. I've uninstalled the game and will not be back. Good luck.
    Bump! Because Noone cares. Friends are playing and I can't.
    I'll post a video to see if I can get some help.