test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifact salvaging

zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I just made a Horn of the Golden Dragon and then salvaged it. I did not receive a Shard of Dragon Forged Steel in return. Is this a bug or has the way this works changed in this module?
Post edited by zekehubris on

Comments

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I burned mine into my new OH weapon.

I do not know if you will get anything but AD
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If I remember correctly, at least in mod 5, if you savage a Artifact Weapon, you are supposed to get Shard of Dragon Forged Steel ONLY. I don't think it gave AD at all (I could remember incorrectly).

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Shard_of_Dragon_Forged_Steel

This is the reason in mod 5, you can get the Artifact weapon you really want with at most 3 Dragon Artifact chests.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, at least in mod 5, if you savage a Artifact Weapon, you are supposed to get Shard of Dragon Forged Steel ONLY. I don't think it gave AD at all (I could remember incorrectly).

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Shard_of_Dragon_Forged_Steel

This is the reason in mod 5, you can get the Artifact weapon you really want with at most 3 Dragon Artifact chests.

That does make sense. It will take time for them to go through and fix everything.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just in case OP missed it, shard of Dragon forged steel is a currency and not an inventory item. So, make sure you check the currency section instead of inventory. To be more specific, it is campaign currency.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yep, checked that. No sign of it in campaign currency section.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm confused as to why you would do this in the first place.

The new lvl 70 Elemental Fire mainhands are given to you for free after you finish Spinward Rise, and they let you choose which at-will the weapon buffs - so there is no need to craft a bunch or salvage them to make one with the at-will bonus you want.

You can even change the Artifact Power that buffs an at-will, so if say a DC character switches from Righteous dps to Virtuous healing they can switch from buffing Brand of the Sun to Astral Seal, etc.