test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Getting to the bottom of Dragon Hoard Enchant problems (Survey)

rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I've noticed a ton of people complaining about dragon hoard enchants, and a ton of people also saying "I don't know what you're talking about, mine are working fine." So I'd like to do a little survey and figure out exactly how everyone thinks theirs are faring, what rank, what level, so on. So if you could please answer a few questions hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

Level of Toon:
Total % chance of all Enchants:
Rank of each Enchant (Lessers are rank 8):
Required Level of Equipment* (NOT iLevel):
*Please note if you are using gear that scales with your level, IE, Eternal Gear, or artifact cloaks/belts

In your opinion, is your enchantment WORKING or NOT WORKING?

Any other information that may or may not be relevant?
Post edited by rhoriangelus on

Comments

• Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Level of Toon: 70
    Total % chance of all Enchants: 6%
    Rank of each Enchant: 1 rank 9, 4 rank 8
    Required Level of Equipment* (NOT iLevel): I wore my enchants in my level 60 epics and my old artifact cloak/belt up until level 67, and most of my drops were from this period (I haven't been playing as much since then).

Mine have been working fine. I have a dozen black opals, a dozen sapphires, a bunch of aquamarines and a few full stacks of peridots/pearls, and some assorted resonance stones.

I did recently slot my enchants into my Eternal gear, and I have no idea if they're still working as well, since I haven't been killing as many mobs since then.
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Level 70:
    % Chance 15 (tried with 3,6,9,12,15) - same result.
    Equipment - They don't work no matter of equipment - didn't work on lvl 60 gear and not working on lvl 70 either.

Relevant information:
    I got 50% off ruby pack coupon when leveled to 70. Even considered using it. Guess that is reason for DH not working...
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It works but it's on auto pickup now and many people don't notice it.
  • Options
    hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Currently level 65 CW, just came back to game. I run 12%. I don't know the ranks as I just came back 2 days ago.

I was wearing high Viz from 60 - 64, and also leg art cloak and leg art belt, just switched to Eternal. Also wear black Ice with just the cloak and belt--haven't had one drop like this. This is my pvp set up, and in Mod 5 I got drops all the time with just these two items in pvp. This mod, no drops in GG or pvp, and I have over 200 kills.

My drop rate is way down.
    If I level, the enchants stop working and I have to un equip and re equip. Other time times I just dont get a drop for 30 or so mins...I find myself un equipping and re equipping all the time, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I thought maybe cryptic has some kind of overall timer, for maybe people who play too many hours straight as often times when I log on I get good drops for 15 mins, and so so drops for the next 45 mins.

In 5 levels of actually going out to the new area and doing the Vigilante quests over and over I have
    54 peridots,
    13 pearls,
    6 aquas,
    4 sapphires,
    4 minor resonance stones. That's really bad, as anyone who has run these quests knows, they are kill X amount of this, or collect x amount of that. And the mobs are bundled just perfectly for farming refining points.

i know how much I have because I used all my refining gems and tones before I left the game.

I was thinking that maybe I was getting gond grommets, that were counting towards my drop. I have had about 600 of those, maybe more, enough to make 2 blue Gizmos and other cogs.
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Level of Toon: 70 now
    Total % chance of all Enchants: 6%
    Rank of each Enchant (Lessers are rank 8): 3 rank 9s
    Required Level of Equipment* (NOT iLevel): I have the eternal set right now.

It seems to work fine... for a while. Then the drops stop, I get maybe a white pearl every half an hour.
    I've been leveling my main, and I'm trying to get the second celestial coin each day, so I play around 4 hours a day, maybe a bit more, because I have to go and invoke on my alts. It's fine for the first couple of hours for me, then I suddenly notice I haven't gotten a drop in a while. I made a special chat tab for inventory drops, so I can check when I had the last drop, so it's not the question of me not knowing that the drops go into the inventory now.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Since the start of the module with 5 lessers i got 60 peridots....not working
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [...]So if you could please answer a few questions hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

sure, here ya go:

Total % chance of all Enchants: 6
    Rank of each Enchant (Lessers are rank 8): 3x9
    Required Level of Equipment* (NOT iLevel): 70 (armor, had been Helm 60, 3x Eternal before, undies) and 60 (Belt, Cloak, rest)

In your opinion, is your enchantment WORKING or NOT WORKING? Yes, in principle it works, though drop quality is low-ish

I'm using 3x unprefixed DH in my armor slots and 2x unprefixed Fey Blessing in my Cloak/Belt slots. The latter work fine, and after some runs I get the impression that the two of them yield more quantity than the three DHs do, but I didn't start a count yet.

Before Mod 6 I was mainly running around in GG, Shar, IwD, and some WoD. Then I got peridots aplenty, and one or two blues an an hour, and an Opal every other day. Since Mod 6 I've never recieved anything above an aquamarine - though in the 61-70 zones...

...might be that these are treated like the old Level 5x maps, where the higher qualities were extremely rare. And also that this leads to the subjective perception that the DHs are not working properly...

[...] I made a special chat tab for inventory drops, so I can check when I had the last drop, so it's not the question of me not knowing that the drops go into the inventory now.

Great Idea, will do that too, and check that out!
  • Options
    charmagmacharmagma Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I notice when I start up on a new day of playing they drop as normal, but after an hour or two I check my inventory and there hasn't been anything for a while. Haven't done a detailed testing or anything but something is definitely off about them.
  • Options
    b3nstoneb3nstone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Drop as normal at first and after some time, around 1 hour, stops working and don't drop anything. Not WAI.
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Level of Toon: 70 / 69 / 64
    Total % chance of all Enchants: 6 / 5 / 5
    Rank of each Enchant (Lessers are rank 8): 98888 / 88888 / 88888
    Required Level of Equipment* (NOT iLevel): 61,61,61,70,70 (3x Elemental Blue, New Belt and Cloak) / 60,60,60,60,60 (3x Draconic Templar, Old Belt and Cloak) / 61,61,61,60,60 (3x Elemental Blue, Old Belt and Cloak)

In your opinion, is your enchantment WORKING or NOT WORKING? - It works, I get the same amount of drops with every possible stone, works with every character, with the second I don't get as many as the other two but it's a GF who does not kill as fast as TR and CW,

Droprate per hour of constant killing (while doing daylies and/or vigilant quests) is one stone every 2.5 minutes, usual RP sum in an hour is about 20k

Any other information that may or may not be relevant? - Only interesting thing I noticed is, that Stones get collected automatically and that many, who thought there would be no drops anymore instead got the same drops as before but did not notice them, as they did not have to collect them manually - It seems to me, that there are less drops during HEs, skirmishes and in dungeons (including mini dungeons in Dread Ring or Sharandar)
  • Options
    thewolfisloosethewolfisloose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Total % chance of all Enchants: 5%
    Rank of each Enchant: 8,8,8,9
    Required Level of Equipment* (NOT iLevel): All Eternal, arti belt

In your opinion, is your enchantment WORKING or NOT WORKING?:
    I feel like i hit dry spells often. Maybe because I'm not killing as many since 70+ mobs are bulkier. I haven't seen a lesser stone drop in days.

Any other information that may or may not be relevant?:
    Did you know bananas are easy to open from the bottom without squishing? May not be relevant.
  • Options
    hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    b3nstone wrote: »
    Drop as normal at first and after some time, around 1 hour, stops working and don't drop anything. Not WAI.

Yes, I agree with this assessment, I know my post was rather long. If I had time I would check to see if it was an account wide thing, or if it was as simple as just switching between alts to get consistent drops. But who has time to play alts?
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Running 1 greater and 2 normal Hoards as well as two normal Fey. The Fey's drop like mad with a lower percentage chance, but the hoard drops off significantly around the 1 hour mark, at 2 it goes full stop. Seems a couple hours of not using it puts it back into dropping a few here and there mode. The next day it seems to reset and repeat the cycle.

More than likely this is an anti botting measure that once again negatively affects normal users. Hopefully with proper negative feedback they will remove this "feature" on the 23rd.
  • Options
    mzknowitallmzknowitall Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have three 2% dragon hoard enchantments and two 1% dragon hoard enchantments that I am using, I have went from getting pretty good drops to getting 0 drops, have the enchantments been disabled?
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Level of Toons : 67-68-70
    Total % : 4 - 8 - 8 %

The Hoard enchants works more or less as they should on the old zones, but they are very inefficients on the new leveling zones.

Those of you thinking it's a problem linked to the autoloot system, please stop insulting others. We are almost all able to follow the evolution of our stacks. And I suspect you should scrutiny yours more : who knows, you are maybe the ones confused.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I have 4 lvl 8 enchants equipped at lvl 70 and I have had them on since this mod started, been playing everyday and this is what I have found -

1 black opal

1 saphire

15 peridots

1 lesser resonance

11 minor resonance

7 white pearls

Now to me this seems like a small amount. In mod 5 I would get that each day so yeah I don't think they are working right :/
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Level 70
    Total % of all enchants: 6%
    Rank of each enchant: three Level 9's
    Required level of Equipment: 70

In my opinion the enchantments are NOT working.

I run with 3 normal Dragon Hoard enchantments and 2 Normal Fey Blessing enchantments. The first time I log in each day the enchantments work normally. Then after 30-60 minutes the drop rate rate of the Dragon Hoard enchantments slows to a trickle then to nothing while the drop rate of the Fey Blessing enchantments remains consistent. I have ACT parses of stretches where I emptied my inventory, then killed over 400 enemies without getting a single drop from Dragon Hoard enchants but ~15 from my Fey Blessing enchants. Dragon Hoard enchantments are NOT working properly. Either they are bugged or were nerfed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mine is not working as well as it did before...

when it works best in in the new content....

It was the well but now the Well is dry

Still today I have picked up some stuff.

Urlord
  • Options
    kenvoggkenvogg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have 5 regular dragon hoards = theoretical 10% drop rate. They are broken. Drop rates are MUCH less than Mod 5 when I only had 5 lesser DH enchants (5% theoretical drop rate). Now they only seem to work for a while then stop dropping at all. Unequipping/re-equipping sometimes seems to make them active for a short time (maybe 10-15 minutes?). To add insult to injury, Haven't seen a black opal or flawless sapphire since Mod 6 launched (got them fairly regularly in Mod 5). I will never get items refined if this doesn't get fixed...oh wait, maybe they just want me to buy zen to get RP - nah, that couldn't be it!
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Total % chance of all Enchants: 10
    Rank of each Enchant (Lessers are rank 8): 9
    Required Level of Equipment* (NOT iLevel): one ol d artifact belt, one new greater cloak, and have switched them between two different sets of lvl 70 epic armor - they weren't working well in the DT set before that since the new mod.

In your opinion, is your enchantment WORKING or NOT WORKING? NO. It works only sometimes, I've only got 1 opal since the new mod (in 4-5hrs/day of playing) and the drop rate is usually (when not entirely nonexistent) a small fraction of what it should be.

Any other information that may or may not be relevant? Yeah. I've been complaining about this here since day one. At least 2 threads were deleted and there hasn't been the least response or acknowledgment from the dev team about a serious issue.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    neirgara wrote: »
    Level of Toon: 70 / 69 / 64

Any other information that may or may not be relevant? - Only interesting thing I noticed is, that Stones get collected automatically and that many, who thought there would be no drops anymore instead got the same drops as before but did not notice them, as they did not have to collect them manually - It seems to me, that there are less drops during HEs, skirmishes and in dungeons (including mini dungeons in Dread Ring or Sharandar)

And many, many of us are sick of hearing this nonsense. We noticed the auto-looting right away. We also noticed when it stopped.
  • Options
    pile2000pile2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Indeed after awhile the enchants just stop working. You can still get pretty decent kill rates if you go after the weaker mob packs. Atleast a dozen kills a minute and with 9% drop rate ... i should be getting 60 or so drops an hour. Instead I am getting something like 10 at best and then slowly stopping working totally.

Ok this maybe be a hard fix somehow, maybe this is low priority to the devs, but we should atleast get a confirmation that this bug is real and that they are trying to fix it.
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yesterday while testing enchantments in WoD and wiping out packs of mobs for over an hour (first thing I did that day) I noticed that my inventory had zero RP drops, but tons of stuff from the Fey enchants. Before when it bugged I could usually get an hour in before they stopped working. I even switched to a different toon also loaded with DH enchants and had same result in the 90 mins it was doing questing in the 70+ zones. I still think this is an intentional change to combat botting, but the resulting problems with how it was coded are getting worse. Of course Cryptic never talks about their anti botting measures so I doubt we will ever get any feedback on it, but can hope we eventually do get a stealth fix.
  • Options
    arukayosarukayos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Total % chance of all Enchants: 10%
    Rank of each Enchant (Lessers are rank 8): 3 Greater Dragon's Hoard Enchantment + 1 Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantment
    Required Level of Equipment* (NOT iLevel): 70 (Grim Executioner Set + Belt of Black Ice Artifact Belt)

Definitely not working as intended. At 10% chance, the drops are consistent for about the first 30 minutes of farming, and then begin to taper off. After one hour of farming, the drops seem to be completely negligible - getting perhaps one refinement stone per 200-250 mobs or so.

A 10% chance means that I should be getting a drop once every 10 mobs. This is not the case whatsoever, the chance seems to scale downwards as I play until it becomes non-existent. It's worth noting that these are expensive enchantments - 3 Greater DH can net me almost 3.5mil if I sell them on the broker. The fact that they're broken means everyone who invested this (very large) amount of money into them has effectively wasted their time and money. The least Cryptic can do is acknowledge an existing bug, or make an official statement explaining the changes to DH enchantments if they are working as intended now.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    arukayos wrote: »
    Total % chance of all Enchants: 10%
    Rank of each Enchant (Lessers are rank 8): 3 Greater Dragon's Hoard Enchantment + 1 Lesser Dragon's Hoard Enchantment
    Required Level of Equipment* (NOT iLevel): 70 (Grim Executioner Set + Belt of Black Ice Artifact Belt)

Definitely not working as intended. At 10% chance, the drops are consistent for about the first 30 minutes of farming, and then begin to taper off. After one hour of farming, the drops seem to be completely negligible - getting perhaps one refinement stone per 200-250 mobs or so.

A 10% chance means that I should be getting a drop once every 10 mobs. This is not the case whatsoever, the chance seems to scale downwards as I play until it becomes non-existent. It's worth noting that these are expensive enchantments - 3 Greater DH can net me almost 3.5mil if I sell them on the broker. The fact that they're broken means everyone who invested this (very large) amount of money into them has effectively wasted their time and money. The least Cryptic can do is acknowledge an existing bug, or make an official statement explaining the changes to DH enchantments if they are working as intended now.
    didn you read all the qqing? its working as intended as stated by a dev. its supposed to cut off completely after 1 hour.