test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting a little fed up.

rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Nine Hells
Tried to pug for the last few days as my guild has been a little slow on the grinding to 70. Have noticed I wasnt getting picked up by pugs. So posted in zone chat and sparked a conversation. The question was "do you want a dps sw in your party at level 70?" 17 people replied, no name calling and lots of decent chatter but only 4 wanted an SW in their party...the rest said no as we arent hitting hard enough and too squishy...

makes me feel sad that we where so imperious last mod but now....

Tab

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
Post edited by rotters on

Comments

• sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    (snipped)............Our team is actively investigating how we can either revive or replace this campaign.........................
    Stay tuned for more information as we investigate both of the situation and solutions.

I'm hopeful that they're really true to their word on this and that we're all viable. Perhaps not imperious though ;)

.....and before you say anything Tab, yes it is a slow going night shift!
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rotters wrote: »
    Tried to pug for the last few days as my guild has been a little slow on the grinding to 70. Have noticed I wasnt getting picked up by pugs. So posted in zone chat and sparked a conversation. The question was "do you want a dps sw in your party at level 70?" 17 people replied, no name calling and lots of decent chatter but only 4 wanted an SW in their party...the rest said no as we arent hitting hard enough and too squishy...

makes me feel sad that we where so imperious last mod but now....

Tab

I can understand as I have played various classes since closed beta. Now to the meat...I have not one issue getting groups on my t2.5 armor set geared Fury warlock.

I could use new a new armor set...but why bother...if you get hit your going splat. I top dps consistantly. Yes I run ACT parsing. IE I ran a couple of Kessell's and a couple Elol today, yesterday I ran TOS and CC. Some were guild groups, other were from the previous tiamat zerg channel.

WHat I have discovered is having a 100k HPs does not matter in the new dungeons, if a boss or mini boss hits you, you are pretty much dead. My other gear, other then my armor set gives me just the HPs the I need to survive all but the most deadly hits. Yes I am a glass cannon, but I still make CWs weep. However neither class can face tank dungeons anymore.

So there is hope. Through my many years of MMORP gaming, I have had to learn to adapt and change to changes. This is all this is just something to change to.

The biggest thing I can say right now about what you have to change is using shadow walk in short burst and using the class feature with it. You have to remain mobile now to not get hit.

I could post some of my recent parses, and no I do not have rank 11 and 12, only a few rank 10's, my new MH is not even epic yet, nor is my OH and neck. I did get lucky refining my old MH into my new MH and got a crit, my old MH was legenday. I am still using my "lesser" belt. My belt and all my artifacts are just legendary.

One other thing, I have a companion I swap out for grouping and one for soloing. WHen grouped I swap one for my Owl for the 25% threat reduction. It really helps you not get hit. When solo I swap in my Yeti., however even solo I tend to use my Augment.

Hope this helps.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They say PvP is just a NWO's mini game but hey, look at the state of the class in PvE now. Everyone has been giving feedback on how squishy the class is in PvP with it's close to inexistant "defensive" mechanism aka shadow walk. I don't have big issues running a PvE myself because I am quite tanky SB but I bet for average warlock it's very close to being "quite tough and very close to ragequit".

It seems I rolled 1 for choosing a class again, or maybe worse. Last time TR could at least solo a dungeon with permastealth lol
  • pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited April 2015
    The class is fine. It's not like a rogue or GF where you can hid behind tab all day. The class takes time to master. Yea, we got screwed in most areas if not all, but try to take satisfaction in knowing your class is unique and requires real skill to succeed. If you'd rather play some cheap class and put no effort into the game be my guest and drop your lock. So tired of hearing about how lock is underpowered.
    edited April 2015
    Oh I do need to note...there are times I am cannot compete right now with certain classes or class combos in dungeons due to "bugs", however even with those "bugs" MY boss single target damage and DPS cannot be matched. So what for clearing trash to get there.

When these issues, and we all know what they are, are addressed, things will be a whole different world again in NWO. At least in PvE where my focus is.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    SB fury in PVE shines in Focusdamage
    ppl who knows about the fact, searches in chat for warlocks to get Travon blackdagger down
    Setup his is: tank, broken DC with ap gain, CW, warlock-->focus boss, and some other class,
    he did not ask for GWF, or TR or Hunter, no... i did ask and he answered " I need focusdamage"
    and thats my impression, the damage a warlock, espec SB-fury, deals on single targets is insane, imo it is better than all other classes even imba GWF, since I compared yesterday against a much better equipped in elol
    CW is very important in most cases, tank and healer as well, so the last two places has to be filled by Hunter, TR, GWF or Warlock
    if you want focusdamage you will take warlock (imo SB fury>>hellbringer, cause more tanky and soulScourch rocks) since GWF/TR as melees are probably not first choice, Hunter can´t say did not compared in mod 6, so probably the setup will be Tank-DC-CW + xy + warlock imo

watch this (music is not my favorite) at 11:10 equip is shown and boss fight starts, ends with double the damage CW and TR dealt ... sure CC setup in both cases

if crit chance i high enough no probs with sparks, and DT= more tanky
    all this using a more single target setup+TT whole dungeon, WB-(DT)-SS
    setup WB-KF-SS would be even more damage on single target, losing DT defensive stacks, so only in case of less deadly encounter I would exchange DT against KF
    posted by suffocatex
    As this video was made within my own guild, I can honestly confirm that we aren't using any bugs out there. Illiyanbruen-Set bug? Never heard of it before.. Just the blue/epic lv 70 gear one can easily farm in T1 dungeons
    And there's another aspect I'd like to single out at this point: We're geared quite well, but definitely not beyond perfect or BiS! The average item-lvl is about 2,800; enchantments ranked 7, 8 and 9 only (most of them R7, especially our supporters' gear is not over the top). Some debuff regarding plaguefire and terror, maximum perfect with neither pure nor transcendend stuff - and the rest is made upon tactics and teamplay (and of course voice chat).
    Gear isn't outweighing skill and playstyle anymore, a desirable status quo imho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNdyM0Vjyzc
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pycon929 wrote: »
    The class is fine. It's not like a rogue or GF where you can hid behind tab all day. The class takes time to master. Yea, we got screwed in most areas if not all, but try to take satisfaction in knowing your class is unique and requires real skill to succeed. If you'd rather play some cheap class and put no effort into the game be my guest and drop your lock. So tired of hearing about how lock is underpowered.

I used to think this until I took a more objective look at SW.
    To be perfectly fair, there really is no good reason to bring a SW over a CW. I've seen a lot of geared SWs put out some serious damage. However, with the current state of PvE, and given we've been nerfed so many times and have no real defensive mechanism, CW is still the better option. Equally geared, the only benefit of SW is more potent AoE DPS with TT. Aside from that, CW provides similar DPS with more control and more tank.

I love my SW but let's be real about this.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
    edited April 2015
    sure WL is squishy, not mass cc, no support for team but damage, focus if needed, exactly thats the gap that is filled by this class, in case of taking two cc classes like CW+CW or CW+TR you want a class that can deal damage more than other, and my results, despite nerfs, points the way WL can deliver (have to get rid of my PVP scill)
    edited April 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    CW provides similar DPS with more control and more tank.

Something I never understood about this game. Since when does anything that is designed to "control" targets become God among men in dps and tanking situations. If they never fix the wiz to fit it's name more appropriately, I would rather see them just change the class name to "Mage" since that's exactly what it is anyway.
    edited April 2015
    sure WL is squishy, not mass cc, no support for team but damage, focus if needed, exactly thats the gap that is filled by this class, in case of taking two cc classes like CW+CW or CW+TR you want a class that can deal damage more than other, and my results, despite nerfs, points the way WL can deliver (have to get rid of my PVP scill)

What he said....my dps has not suffered, but what I have to say is once the DC AP issue is fixed...they can say bye-bye to their DPS, same goes for the HR as well numerous CW issues with control and damage, however our DPS when properly played will remain as we are not bugged with one exception, some of our TT damage with the mod 6 changes gives 0 damage...I see hundreds of hits that are 0.

Now I am not saying it is all rosy as it is not, but when all is said and done and these are fixed...everyone will be in for a world of hurt.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    With the nerfs to TT we honestly do not have much to bring to the table anymore. Temptation Warlocks cant do nearly enough healing to keep a team going in PvE and they do NOTHING in PvP. Fury Warlocks no longer put out the damage neccessary to be needed in PvE situations, and in PvP they're just another easy kill. So that means basicly everybody should be going Damnation. With the pet that gets the 1000% aggro, but also dies in 1 hit. So yeah, have fun with that one.

The SW community has asked and asked the devs to help us become more useful in PvP in Neverwinter for months now. All we've gotten out of it is new useless <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> features with the raise from 60 to 70 and a nerf to the one daily power that's even minorly useful in combat, TT.

It's prettu ****ty when I can join a group in Spineward with my level 70 SW with Elemental gear and legendary artifacts and run ACT and then switch to my level 63 CW with blue gear and they score almost exactly the same. Something is badly wrong about that. But the devs dont want to hear it.
  • proxaaproxaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 67
    edited April 2015
    ogarious wrote: »
    It's prettu ****ty when I can join a group in Spineward with my level 70 SW with Elemental gear and legendary artifacts and run ACT and then switch to my level 63 CW with blue gear and they score almost exactly the same. Something is badly wrong about that. But the devs dont want to hear it.

They DO know it perfectly well.

It's just Double Milking Strategy (DMS).

Step 1. Offer a new, slightly OP class.
    Step 2. People spend money on new class to gear it up.
    Step 3. Nerf it after few months.
    Step 4. People spend even more money to try to be on top with nerfed class.

Effect? Double milking. Same situation with paladin now.
    edited April 2015
    In case of so much broken things ingame I can´t imagine that devs do care about anything, or that there is a great strategy behind this chaos, It seems more like a class-lottery

PVP is same, most time grouping is very unbalanced, even u can´t see GS from enemies its obvious, the 26k toons are out there for sure
    matchmaking is completely broken, pugging all time i take a look at my group, seeing sometime everywhere the same GS (2290 f.e.) looking at the equip i can see blue stuff, r5 or r6 paired with one or two artifacts.... can´t say if tahts some kind of brackets that put ppl together and overlay their real GS?
    so obviously we can´t see the gear and the matchmaker also, just showing completely wierd numbers..
    some ppl ingame have fun , other get stomped, same as before
  • kingofjamaicakingofjamaica Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Something I never understood about this game. Since when does anything that is designed to "control" targets become God among men in dps and tanking situations. If they never fix the wiz to fit it's name more appropriately, I would rather see them just change the class name to "Mage" since that's exactly what it is anyway.

I feel like they never even bothered playing 4e to see how these classes are actually supposed to play. Wizard is no longer the super bomb dropping death machine they were in 3.5(they were super tanks too if you throw in Incantatrix and Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil). Their damage in 4e is mediocre, but they get some really neat abilities and CC. If they wanted to make a magic DPS class from the beginning, they should have put Sorcerer in the game. Sorcerers deal massive damage in 4e.

As to the state SWs find themselves in, I hate it. I played Neverwinter forever ago as a CW and didn't like it. A friend brought me back in recently, and SW is the only class that really interests me, yet it's the worst one.
    edited April 2015
    ...SW is the only class that really interests me, yet it's the worst one.

I feel your pain. Luckily I'm a natural at stealth based classes so I've just decided to fall back on rogue for the time being. I hate to say it, but Warlock seems to be heading down a dark path. No pun intended.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    SW is the only fun class, but I have not been having fun lately, still only lvl 61 hahaha

Been takign time away fromt he game, friend sent me copy of GW2 and enjoying that for now.
  • kingofjamaicakingofjamaica Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I feel your pain. Luckily I'm a natural at stealth based classes so I've just decided to fall back on rogue for the time being. I hate to say it, but Warlock seems to be heading down a dark path. No pun intended.

I've got a rogue sitting there at level 10 or so. Haven't felt a great desire to go back to it. Never did like rogues in MMOs. I'm more of a kill it with magic type of guy. Just didn't find CW fun when I tried it. Especially after other MMOs do mages so much better than this game.