test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you wanted to spend money on this game, what would you want to spend it on?

damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Let's help out the developers here people by contributing some constructive suggestions on what you, as a player, would be prepared to spend real money on in the game.

What would you like to see the developers spend their time and resources creating / improving etc.?

For example:
I would pay for:
  1. Bugs to be fixed.
  2. New content, not just rehashed and reworked old content.
  3. New PVP maps, including some enlivening mechanics such as 'temporary power-up potions' that might increase survivability, damage, range of effects etc.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    more refinement items that are worth more rp to help us refine easier

regards
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    weapon enchantments trasmutes, icons next to the name
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lets say there was something like a $30. a month subscription that provided you with enough rp and other items to maintain bis or near bis. Throw in some random appearance items that actually looked good, and I would pay for that.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    damnacious wrote: »
    Let's help out the developers here people by contributing some constructive suggestions on what you, as a player, would be prepared to spend real money on in the game.

What would you like to see the developers spend their time and resources creating / improving etc.?

For example:

We've been here and done this. They do not listen...but lets hash this out again.

Specialized clothing options, this is how most mmo's are making a killing in the F2P arena now a days. Want to look like a pirate, $5. Want to look like a Walking tank with a pure while billowing cloak? We can do that too for $6.

More colored dyes. Why cant we get a pure white or pure black look in this game? These really are no brainer ideas. How about putting some thought into more classes to play.

I have said this 1,000,237 times now. How can you have D&D and not have a Evoker class? The closest thing Neverwinter has to a fireball is something cast by the Scourge Warlock??
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been looking for a truly evil looking mount for my CW for two years. The reanimated destrier is somewhat temptating but doesn't look evil enough to my taste. I want something more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. Better/more frequent communication between the developers and the community
    2. Bug Fixes. Fix these stupid bugs, and stop releasing new content until they're actually fixed
    3. Foundry Update
    4. Refining UI
    5. New Content (not reused maps)

Number 1 being most important and 5 being least important.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. Better/more frequent communication between the developers and the community
    2. Bug Fixes. Fix these stupid bugs, and stop releasing new content until they're actually fixed
    3. Foundry Update
    4. Refining UI
    5. New Content (not reused maps)

Number 1 being most important and 5 being least important.

2 simply will not happen. Game development just doesn't work like that. The devs will not halt all new content (and therefore lay several teams idle) to "fix all the bugs". Bug fixing is a prioritized process--and I must stress that it is to THEIR priorities, NOT what the players think the priority should be--that also has to be squeezed in alongside debugging new content, which is actually planned months in advance.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    2 simply will not happen. Game development just doesn't work like that. The devs will not halt all new content (and therefore lay several teams idle) to "fix all the bugs". Bug fixing is a prioritized process--and I must stress that it is to THEIR priorities, NOT what the players think the priority should be--that also has to be squeezed in alongside debugging new content, which is actually planned months in advance.

Yet, if they were to even set aside 1 week to dedicate all teams to eradicating existing bugs, imagine how happy the playerbase would be. Or even better, offer a $2k bonud to the person who squashes the most bugs in two weeks. Can you imagine the progress that would be made? I think that if some of the bugs that have been arounds since beta were resolved, this game would be far more enjoyable.

For example, the custom channel tools. They've been completely broken since launch. I really can't see it taking two years to identify the source of a few little bugs, I think it's moreso that it's been neglected the whole time.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would pay for:

1. I think there need to be more armor and weapon transmutes that allow people to feel somewhat unique. In a world where everyone is a "hero of neverwinter" some hero's want to look different than everyone else.

2. I think they should make Foundry quests mini-transaction. I would pay 3-5$ for a mini-story with a related item. We're talking at-most an hour to two hours worth of playtime but it would be interesting and entertaining.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only thing I would spend money on in this game after Mod 6 is anything that has HP on it nothing else matters.Hit Points ...Hit Points ... Hit Points... And if not I will see you at the camp fire...
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Making the Foundry as powerful as it can possibly be, and providing dedicated, full-time support for player-generated content (see Eldarth's numerous posts for how to make the Foundry compelling and rewarding).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • fenchimpfenchimp Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lets say there was something like a $30. a month subscription that provided you with enough rp and other items to maintain bis or near bis.

Holy Christ $30!? I'd much rather play a cheaper subscription game. Or pay my internet bill, for that matter.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What they could do to get some Revenue going?
    Look at the game The Secret World.
    They have something called Side Stories (a few variations for different areas and Events).
    These are a kind of Recycled Content DONE RIGHT.
    A well liked character is revisited and given a mission or so, anything from a single quick mission to a major arc.
    These flesh out their back story or move them on in preparation for them to take a more active role in the Game. Or just have a nice joke.
    No new Areas need to be added, no major reworks need to be done.
    They can sell for much less than an Expansion Pack.
    And, if done right, can be hugely popular.
    Things like Old Jerrys' Past could make an interesting one.
    The Amazing Games' author could give us a few Missions related to that.
    The Cook from the Pirates Skyhold seems like a really interesting fellow.
    Anything like that.
    Add maybe half a dozen missions of various levels to an area or two.
    Charge $5 or so.
    It should work.
    Maybe not long term, but it COULD buy you some time between Modules to actually get the Game in working order.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A Majordomo => an interface prop that would allow me to queue profession tasks instead of having to login each and every ****ty time on my own... ...wouldn't pay a monthly or something, but for a one-off payment in the reasonable scale, I'd immediately fling out my wallet.

Transmute liberty tokens. I.e. a token that would enable me to give a paladin a sword, or my DC to use an orb, or wear a sexy skimpy TR armour...

Time-limited RP boosters - though, nah, better not. They'd immediately introduce a new layer of epicity (epicality? epicentre? doh.) past legendary and teal to max their income there...

Teleport scrolls, where any zone entrance can be targeted via the map, instead of that ditch in PE.

A custom title - would probably have to be accredited by a sane person before granted, though. Things like "Longest Dong in all Faerûn" should be filtered...

Another account wide large bag

Antistealth scrolls (reusable) or glasses *eeeeeevil grin*
  • kaucukovnik6kaucukovnik6 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yet, if they were to even set aside 1 week to dedicate all teams to eradicating existing bugs...
    Doesn't work that way. What would, for example, the graphics and level design people do?
    Not that there would be too many, seeing the amount of actually new things. :)

More on topic:
    Let us get to about 80% of the achievable power for free, and within reasonable time, before we lose interest in the game. Nothing fancy, but not too shabby performance. And make the top 20% exclusive to those either very dedicated or paying for speeding the process up. Including most transmutations, dyes, mounts...

For me character customization and convenience is probably the only stuff to ever spend on.
  • ancyrasancyras Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. I want bugs get fixed as soon as possible,

2. After the changes with life steal and regen, tank and heal roles became more important. It was a good change, to give a spot other classes/roles in game which was so passive before specially at PvE. 5 x dps were able to clear any dungeon before. But sometimes it can be slow to do quests if you are a pure tank or healer because of low dps or people can want to play different spec's of their characters in same time but respecing everytime can be so expensive. It will be nice if able to do multi-spec/feat like in wow. Putting an option under character menu and when people are out of combat, can switch specs/builds. For example, I want to play a Justice (melee dps feat) when questing/doing dailies and prot or healer in dungeons. Or people can make one build for pve and other build for pvp. All players will like this and I guess will pay for it if it be like some 2-3k zen. Price discussable but this game needs multi-spec a lot...
  • ancyrasancyras Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As an old-school wow player, I like Neverwinter and my commends are :

1. Bugs must be fixed as soon as possible, I know coding/writing a game is not an easy job but if some important bugs doesn't get fixed for a very long time its not good, list of most common bugs I've experienced :
    - can't get common cause quest criteria dungeon quest from PE sometimes, (making Harper Boward to give all quests can be better) It comes late or doesn't come on other NPC's.
    - hoard enchants are not working properly, sometimes I get loot after 10-30 mobs, sometimes no loot after 1000 mobs and running with %15 chance and I heard lesser ones are working better than greater ones. How can a 35k item (lesser) and 1million AD item (greater) comparable like this? We need millions of RF for upgrades and getting very small amount if comparing time spent vs income.
    - HR's 3-4 shooting bosses in dungeons. some ppl love it maybe but its not fair for others (you can be kicked from a random group if u attack boss and break the bug)
    - Sometimes tab spells are not working properly, for example, determination not filling on gwf or TR can't stealth
    - Shift spells : I get stunned/knocked many times even Sanctuary on at paladin which says immune to cc,
    - getting 400-690k dmg in a dungeon as a tank normal? (with 8k def and 113k hp prot paladin) checking numbers or writing which abilities somewhere can be usefull. (for example, craps at lol hits a lot but it's possible to dodge or kite, but if i like to see a tank which can face-tank)
    - rank4 upgrades : When you have 1 x power point, you can upgrade some spells but not at all to rank 4. is it a bug or there is an order/logic/criteria for it?

Suggestions :

2. Multi-feat/build/spec option : (make people to play different feat build variants same time)
    3. More pot bars, 3 is not enough.
    4. Make special bag for mounts, like companions, I don't collect mounts because of bag space problem and I'm sure I'm not alone at this point.
    5. Mailbox at every map, (not a "must" but can be nice)
    6. Teleportation to PE or making scrolls cheaper,
    7. Increase RF gain or drop rate specially on higher rank hoards. Price difference between Lesser and Greater is huge but result is not huge.
    8. Include an addon or option into the game like act log parser so people can see numbers which improves gaming performance, Log chat menu shows everything but hard to find specific data (recount/skada for example) (not an easy request but I like to play with numbers and see what is character doing with which spells, etc. It gives idea about how to get max. performance)
    9. Make a very detailed game-database website. (like wowhead). Wiki page includes many information but not enough and still most pages are empty or not so detailed. People are writing very good information on forums or other guides etc. but all are different places. all data collected in one-relevant-source can be useful for everyone. Make a good database website with everything is in game : quests, items, compains, mounts, events, professions, classes, spells, dungeons, bosses, mobs, their abilities etc and let people write commends, upload videos/photos to grove it and give rewards to people who edit many useful information.
    10. Mentor/bonus for campaign system. For example if you completed sharandar-dreadring-wod-iwd campaign on a class, it can be avaible for all classes on that account so people can find more time to play with alts or different classes. For example, if you finished a campaign with your paladin, it can be finished on other paladins which you"ll create on same account or give double rewards at least,
    11. Special Rewards for collection score point and more specific collection categories (achievements) and make rewards bound. So it can give a different synergy to game and ppl can talk about "collection points" instead of "item lvl which is new gs". For example a reward of "Forgehammer of Gond" for making all professions lvl25 (even event ones) and crafting min. 5-10 high rank3 crafts or a special mount/companion for collecting all of same types. so people spend more time on doing other things and have fun from it.
    12. Spell cast times/animations are so long for some classes. For example as a tank role when you need to react fast and cast Absolution (shield) or Cleansing Touch (heal) or Heroism (daily) you can die.(another example from paladin). One of main reason of loving GWF/TR is play style is fast and most spells are instant. Please make more of them instant or remove/decrease latency/animation time on important spells so game playing will be more funny and effective,

NeverWinter is very good game and has high population but after mod6 release I heard lots of negative commends from friends and players. Specially most of them are about bugs. I wish this game come better place in time.

In business, customers are very important because customers make companies stand on and go further and players=customers here. Companies which listen customer requests/complaints and make right strategies/changes in right time, always win and others just disappear in time... Most companies have special workers/departments or expensive projects to find "what people want" to find best strategies to increase their market place but no need here. People saying lots of very good ideas for free. I hope will be useful for future plans and thanks everybody who spend effort to create this game...
  • fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I've been looking for a truly evil looking mount for my CW for two years. The reanimated destrier is somewhat temptating but doesn't look evil enough to my taste. I want something more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!

110% shadow wolf + perfect/pure/trans soulforged C:
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Skeleton_Steed

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Black_Ice_Warhorse
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5