test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BIS PVE gear - Black Ice?

schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvE Discussion
please correct me if I am wrong
but to get BIS PVE gear you need to farm the seals from dungeons, ok running Kessel is fastes way i think-

now having your blue PVE set you have to bring your Black Ice smithing to lev 5 and spend tons of Black Ice, not to talk about UE´s you need (I only can buy them) in case you do not have alchemy at lev 25?

sure it is not needed to throw the gear at every player at level 70

but is there another way to get there, a more "rewarding" way like: running very challenging epic dungeons to get BIS gear?
That wouold be the common "normal" way I am used to "earn" gear and not this kind of:
1. grind 24h a day Black Ice in a zone where every mob can two-hit your nearly maxed char
2. making profession more or less a central point in all this is not very clever on top

cause some player will need ages to refine all these UE´s other don´t having alchemy
Post edited by schietindebux on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    please correct me if I am wrong
    but to get BIS PVE gear you need to farm the seals from dungeons, ok running Kessel is fastes way i think-

now having your blue PVE set you have to bring your Black Ice smithing to lev 5 and spend tons of Black Ice, not to talk about UE´s you need (I only can buy them) in case you do not have alchemy at lev 25?

sure it is not needed to throw the gear at every player at level 70

but is there another way to get there, a more "rewarding" way like: running very challenging epic dungeons to get BIS gear?
    That wouold be the common "normal" way I am used to "earn" gear and not this kind of:
    1. grind 24h a day Black Ice in a zone where every mob can two-hit your nearly maxed char
    2. making profession more or less a central point in all this is not very clever on top

cause some player will need ages to refine all these UE´s other don´t having alchemy
    its not worth it.
    we are talking about 15 unified elements to have black ice lv 5. this is 1.5M ad.
    than another 10 to upgrade the gear. another 1M ad.
    and more than 100k black ice....just to keep being oneshotted or having a boss fight which last 30 seconds less if all the party did this madness.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok, so t1.5 can be drop from bosses in t2 dung, so lets not take this even into account. Lets speak about t2 we can buy for protector seals and upgrade it to 2.5(i guess we can call it like that) with BI at rank 5.

Elven ward for gwf, total stats:
    HP: 47599
    Pow: 2300
    Crit: 2457
    Def: 3361
    Rec: 2174

Elemental elven ward (raid):
    HP: 49669
    Pow: 2396
    Crit: 2560
    Def: 3430
    Rec: 2264

Diffrence:
    HP: 2070
    Pow: 96
    Crit: 103
    Def: 69
    Rec: 90

None of those stats gives more than 0.25% (beside crit, which is 0.2575% and rec is twice less as effective than in <mod6 :P) + 2k hp.

Well, if i had all this BI, so i unlocked BI at rank 5 on my gwf, and if u think its worth it (lol nope) then do it.

But stop crying about BIS, is it even 1x r12?

LOL, BiS here, BiS there, most (like 99% i met so far) of playerbase is just bad at playing they toons, and this kind of "BiS" for sure wont help them.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    and people got mad at me because during testing i got on fourms and said this need to change it wasnt right to alow pvp people to prefarm gear but pve people had to wait and everyone knew it was going to take months to get everything to get epic pve gear
    edited April 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    and people got mad at me because during testing i got on fourms and said this need to change it wasnt right to alow pvp people to prefarm gear but pve people had to wait and everyone knew it was going to take months to get everything to get epic pve gear

Ehhh...

Its 3 days max to get "epics"

Scenario:
    Run 5x elol + 5x VT, u shoudl get arms + helmet + armor (if u have also second keys, then for sure) + from seals boots. Then go T2 and farm 2 first bosses in those dungs for t1.5. hey, u just got epic set ith around 80-110k hp (depends of class)

Stop crying, start playing. Just do it good.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Ehhh...

Its 3 days max to get "epics"

Scenario:
    Run 5x elol + 5x VT, u shoudl get arms + helmet + armor (if u have also second keys, then for sure) + from seals boots. Then go T2 and farm 2 first bosses in those dungs for t1.5. hey, u just got epic set ith around 80-110k hp (depends of class)

Stop crying, start playing. Just do it good.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

vt elol mc drop blues not epics and the selas are for blues
    not epics
    edited April 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    vt elol mc drop blues not epics and the selas are for blues
    not epics

yeah t1... when u get u **** hp, go to t2 dungs and drop purples (which r just small upgrades of those t1). and u will have ur "epic" set.

U dont pay attention to anything in this game, dont u, casuals?

Geez

EDIT: and when u will get ur "epic" set, u will just die like any "pvper" in they burning sets. :D

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015

EDIT: and when u will get ur "epic" set, u will just die like any "pvper" in they burning sets. :D

I could not agree more. This game, after all, is about dying. Well dying and refining.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @zekethesinner
    sounds like elitism nerd comments full of agression, by a player who is something like a .... PVE pro? or lives in neverwinter, tell me your address, lord neverzekeember

I speak about the fact that the way to get there is to farm Black ice like crazy make professions-alchemy , get black ice smithing to 5
    i am not going to invest the time to do so, and the fact that the BIS is only little better than blue stuff is silly and not easy to understand, but be sure most ppl know about the fact, its not a secret
    so forcing ppl to grind Icewinddale, professions and Black Ice is nothing else than a boring try to get us busy in case of nothing else to do in an old PVE content
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok, so t1.5 can be drop from bosses in t2 dung, so lets not take this even into account. Lets speak about t2 we can buy for protector seals and upgrade it to 2.5(i guess we can call it like that) with BI at rank 5.

Elven ward for gwf, total stats:
    HP: 47599
    Pow: 2300
    Crit: 2457
    Def: 3361
    Rec: 2174

Elemental elven ward (raid):
    HP: 49669
    Pow: 2396
    Crit: 2560
    Def: 3430
    Rec: 2264

Diffrence:
    HP: 2070
    Pow: 96
    Crit: 103
    Def: 69
    Rec: 90

None of those stats gives more than 0.25% (beside crit, which is 0.2575% and rec is twice less as effective than in <mod6 :P) + 2k hp.

Well, if i had all this BI, so i unlocked BI at rank 5 on my gwf, and if u think its worth it (lol nope) then do it.

But stop crying about BIS, is it even 1x r12?

LOL, BiS here, BiS there, most (like 99% i met so far) of playerbase is just bad at playing they toons, and this kind of "BiS" for sure wont help them.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

WTF GWF doesn't have to put up with regen on their ward armor sets? I consider regen to be a wasted stat and every "paired" set of GF has regen on at least one of the sets. Usually the more protection looking one.
    edited April 2015
    @zekethesinner
    sounds like elitism nerd comments full of agression, by a player who is something like a .... PVE pro? or lives in neverwinter, tell me your address, lord neverzekeember

PVE skillfull, thats all, and my patience is running out. U call me an elitism, even when i said i, and anyone else, need to bring BI to rank 5? U guys r crying, crying, and crying, and crying, evry side i turn my head around, i see skillless ppl crying about content beeing so hard, and then expoliting them, calling for AP dc, calling for hr with broken offhand. Same ppl who in mod2 were going under Val and killing here from there.

U DONT EVEN TRY TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY ANEW, all u do is going stright to expolits, then u cry u cant get BIS, coz it takes too much time, so good at least this cant be exploited.

With toughtness of new content, i can confidently say it will be faster to farm BI just by farming it 1h per day than get full t2 set. So why r u in such hurry? Content is so hard u cant do it, so u technicly dont have u t2 set, since u dont expolit, right? Is not like u run ToS in 20min, then kill boss in 5 sec, right? u also cant do it 10times per day and get full t2 first day, right? u DONT EXPLOIT, RIGHT?

IF u have so small amout of time for this game, u cant even spare this 1h per day for BI farming, it means u also dont have time to run one full ToS without exploits. So what is ur problem? U should have none and just do dailies.

Cheers.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am wondering that the elemental elven purr/corr BI sets can be empowered to T3?

And what is the final stats of elemental elven BI sets? Are they better then the best purple crafted armor sets, the elemental elven raid/assault?

I mean:
    T3 empowered elemental elven purr/corr BI vs elemental elven raid/assault is better for pve?
  • lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lets face it this whole content been too east started after the introduction of boons artifacts etc that made players op and been able to solo most dungeons.

they should have seen that coming, i remember when i played beta and 10k gs was like wow, r7 **** man where did u get it. dungeons were hard and you never knew if u gonna make it or not and when u did make it the satisfaction was great.

but now. been one shot by weak mob or getting hit by boss for 100-200k? i mean really? this takes the whole fun. the content should be hard but not to a point were you feel you will never be able to make it, this will cause ppl to leave the game.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited April 2015

If this game can only be played by 1% of the players, then the game is as good as dead.
    edited April 2015
    If this game can only be played by 1% of the players, then the game is as good as dead.

Is content hiting hard? hell it is, im first to admite this. But maybe, just maybe, this whole community became so lazy coz of brainless mashing for previous year, that they just took a huge momentum that they facehited a huge wall. I dont know if u have played any mmo game before. But some of them had so hard endgame content, that taking off boss with 30 man could take 3h+ of ppls time. If all was executed perfectly , if not, time was doubled, tripled, if done at all. Tank mistake? Party wiped. Tank somehow grabing aggro of wrong mob, party wiped. Tank taking too many adds? party wiped. Cleric urgent afk? tank wiped and so goes full raid. Tank droping aggro for a flash of a second? All melee wiped. No archer who can take tank role on one of ranged adds? All wizards wiped 30min after engage by that prick etc, etc,etc.

Not saying that this freaking boss was droping 2-3 endgame items, and spawning twice a week, after server maintenace, and 4d after death.

2-3 items for 30 ppl, max twice a week, while evry player could have 18 items in total in they set, and one mistake of one of them, and usualy raid wiped. That was endgame.

And yes, in this game, in our playabse, only 1% of them would be capable of outlive endgame content like this.

And here we get ppl liek u, crying that game is way too hard. No its not, it only requires of us to pay attention. Requires of cw behaving like cw, not like tank. And gives us dynamig playstyle. Poor hunter ranger doont need to stay in one spot for 3h w8 for that one **** miniboss to spawn in random time, so he (miniboss) wont wipe all wizards and clerics.

Crybabies.

EDIT: to claryfy, 1st boss was dragon, then cave with 5 addictional bosses was opening. 6 bosses in total, dragon 3h fight, cave one around 1-2h (if full 30 or even 2 raids, if less, it took more time) each. Twice a week, for whole server. There was a time when 2 big guilds were sabotaging each other.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

edited April 2015
    PVE skillfull, thats all, and my patience is running out. U call me an elitism, even when i said i, and anyone else, need to bring BI to rank 5? U guys r crying, crying, and crying, and crying, evry side i turn my head around, i see skillless ppl crying about content beeing so hard, and then expoliting them, calling for AP dc, calling for hr with broken offhand. Same ppl who in mod2 were going under Val and killing here from there.

U DONT EVEN TRY TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY ANEW, all u do is going stright to expolits, then u cry u cant get BIS, coz it takes too much time, so good at least this cant be exploited

tbh I really don´t know what you are talking about.
    this thread is about senseless way to grind Black ICE in a whole
    it not about one nerd , you, telling the world how scilled he is or how unsilled others are
    I don´t use broken stuff, no need, i don´t care about leaderboard, or other virtual <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, only to let you know
    you offend ppl, by posting things way offtopic, so you scilled master tell me did u slay any endboss T2 wihout cheating?
    who is exploiting? You, in case you say yes, because its not possible, don´t even dare to tell ppl it is, ok mate, thats no scill --> running through dungeons spamming all 3 sec dailys is broken, get it?
    thats no cry thats reality, i don´t mind
    edited April 2015
    dailys is ment, caused by broken DC´s, and all 5 men groups that tell ppl they lay this and that boss T2, legal way, don´t tell the hole truth , I am sure
    only chance to do so is TOS endboss, but i guess the groups that do so are rare
    Traven blackdagger, has about 3 trillion HP and onhits all and everything

and btw i run other mmo´s with better develloped content and wasted lots of time, I am not proud about it and far away from posting this to tell ppl how scilled I am, wasting 8 hours a day in raiding one boss, lol
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you don't want to team up for group content (here: heroic encounters) that's your problem not ours. You can get inside the pvp area though. There are usually no npc guards, but you need to have a clue about the game in general to survive to a pvp encounter. Killing miners in IWD is one of my hobbies. :D If you get killed in two hits by npcs in icewind dale though your build has serious issues you should tackle first before doing anything, including pvp.
    edited April 2015
    you offend ppl, by posting things way offtopic, so you scilled master tell me did u slay any endboss T2 wihout cheating?
    who is exploiting? You, in case you say yes, because its not possible, don´t even dare to tell ppl it is, ok mate, thats no scill --> running through dungeons spamming all 3 sec dailys is broken, get it?
    thats no cry thats reality, i don´t mind

Yes, eToS once. Unfortunetly with party way over casual board (not me, since my gf is only 2.6k)

And no, we were not using dc ap bug. Neither hr offhand bug (and i know them, since some1 always slips somthing about this on legit before others tell him to shut up.

Tho that fight was not much about skills. All i needed to rly do is shield **** red verison of her after second half started. I was basicly only focused on that and keeping aggro on her, since cw was amazig with his control over adds and dps, and dc with keeping him alive,while tr was doing evrything to dazze anything around him, and hr supporting all 3 of them with buffs, but mostly with FC and thorns on blademasters.

Edit: it seems i need also explain my nerd posts, ok, what i means is, pay attention, that in legit way getting those 1800 seals will take 36 days (assuming 1 successfull run per day, since u dont have much time as u have said, and its still **** hard) in those 36 days u can refine 97200 BI. So, what i told before, u r not in hurry. Do u get it? This amount of BI is enought to make u Bi up to r5, and u still will have 22k BI left. assuming u had none before this mod. (that said i guess i was one of few smart ones who bought BI belts, salvage them and was refining those 2.7k BI per day for like month before mod6 hit, waste i did it only on gwf)

But ok, here comes second, most important point. What this "BiS" from set will give u. I may say we can assume u have only r7, but u want to be "BiS" so for sure u have already at least r10, right? So numbers:

10292 stats from armor set itself.
    as all BiS players u have at least 4x orange arti, so: 5800 stats (yeah lets count in CA and such)
    lets say u have only 4 purple eq artis (but close to r60!!!) so in total 14 slots with r10(lets cound dark r10 in utility, which is start too, none of them r radiants in def slots) so 6020 stats
    r25 rings from jewelcrafting (yes, u will have those as "BiS"): 788 stats
    stats from 4x r34 eq artis: 12344 stats
    from augment(or lets assume my sune priestess which usualy gives me 2x 50% from g bonding stone, same thing) 9k stats (tymora bless companion only items)
    no idea about new pants + shirt, but for me its currently: 653 stats

Summary: 44897 (nice gs btw :P)
    lets add to this ur stats from BiS set, then we get: 45255

So lets see overall incrase 45255/44897*100%=0.797% stat incrase

0.8% in stats, thats whan ur "BiS" gives u over "non-bis" set. :D
    Well, at least i proved how meaningless is this discusion. Also proved diffrence between "BiS" and "non bis" in this game.
    Now given that, Pareto would running around holding his head. ;D

Hmm, even assuming u have only r7, that would not make big diffrence.

Given or take if u need to farm 1h for BI i keep up 2.7k per day and u play 3h... heck give it a 4h. its 25% effort for 0.8% income (yeah yeah, big simplification). He. he. He. But thats acctualy on devs.

After this math, we can safely assume, that BI is thing u want to do as last.

Here, question is: Why bother in first place? why complain? lets see this as reward for player who was farming BI in previous mods. A small gloryfication. Thats all, set from BI is plaque.

PS. i have no strengh here to make math for hp, this 2k looks beter on around 100k hp, since it should be 2% incrase, but its better, not good.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• sirpickleturdsirpickleturd Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2015
    abc123pvpwhoaisme
  • sirpickleturdsirpickleturd Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2015
    Nevermind. Not worth it. Hey! This topic has something in common with the game!
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like the Idea to have a chance to improve our gear,
    But the amount of Black needed is simply Crazy,
    I go t a normal pickaxt (white) and RL Job, I do not have the time to farm like a Zombie,
    for me is this impossible to Max Black-Ice crafting,
    I know there a few people who already maxed it good for them,
    I give up!.

My currently 70Gear is enough to wait for M7-
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    qutsemnie wrote: »
    WTF GWF doesn't have to put up with regen on their ward armor sets? I consider regen to be a wasted stat and every "paired" set of GF has regen on at least one of the sets. Usually the more protection looking one.

mod 6 regen>lifesteal so no its not wasted if you think it is you might wanna run the numbers again....it doesnt work in combat but you still get an incoming healing bonus for it.
  • theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    and black ice upgrades for the seal gear isnt really worth it IMO unless you have the top tier and need somthing to do for a little stat boost

its kinda like getting lev 20 mailsmithing just to renforce your bracers the cost to reward ratio is way too low
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    caused by broken DC´s, and all 5 men groups that tell ppl they lay this and that boss T2, legal way, don´t tell the hole truth , I am sure
    only chance to do so is TOS endboss,

False..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNdyM0Vjyzc

No DC bug and ToS clear. Nice example that you still need a really good grp to make T2. But you dont need any bugs/cheats/exploits. Its very simple:
    Your to weak? Gear up ( farm VT/MC/eLol first. Get your new Artes/Weapons. Gear up your enchs).
    Your gear is good enough, but you cant kill the boss? Learn the tactic. Try another Grp build. Try another skills. And if you are a CW:
    FFS learn to use CC!!!!! Over 90% CWs still thinking :" Hey. I was a hell good DPS/Tank in Module 5. I dont even think about to change anything!F... the grp. I still wanna be the top of the DPS list." Theese CWs are the most anoying ones. If i go rnd and see one of them?
    F2, mouse over my name in grp, press leave the grp.

edited April 2015
    @spideymt thank u.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    spideymt wrote: »
    False..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNdyM0Vjyzc

No DC bug and ToS clear.

Not even Fabled Iliyanbruen set?
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    mod 6 regen>lifesteal so no its not wasted if you think it is you might wanna run the numbers again....it doesnt work in combat but you still get an incoming healing bonus for it.

It is not a question of, "is incoming healing bonus useful." It is a question of "is it 1% incoming healing bonus better than 2% recovery bonus, 1% deflect, or 1% DR." If they are going to put it on GF armor like regen is the quintessential tanky stat after defense, than maybe it should the most useful tanky stat and not the least useful?

For me the order goes:
    1% DR > 1% Deflect > 2% rec > 4% arpen > 1% damage > 1% crit > 1% movement speed > 1% healing bonus.

And except for arpen there are not readily available softcaps to change the ordering, and I go balls on tank ahead of damage and always have, but they stack 2k+ points of it on GF armor like a tanky GF is going to go "ohhh awesome...". The problem with healing bonus is the tanky GF is one of the easiest classes to top off HP in mod 6, and it is not strong enough to really make a difference, "+5% to healing" in exchange for? 20% arpen? 10% recovery? 5% deflect? 5% DR?

Maybe it is a PvP stat, eyeing the regen out of combat where topping yourself off between fights is a problem, but it is certainly not a good PvE stat *in exchange* for those other things. If they doubled the bonus to 1% every 200 points it might start getting into the right ball park to put on an armor set.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @spideymt thank u.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

Ur welcome. I saw a lot of good posts from you. No mistakes in you opinion. And ofc: GF/GWF rule!!!
    Not even Fabled Iliyanbruen set?

I dont think so. This YT link was posted in german forum. The SW espacially wrote in this german thread that no bugs/cheats were used. The SW got "only" r8 ench and the rest of the grp got max blue new weapons. I know him and i know he dont need to lie. Wots your point? I cant see any bug using. You?