What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC DPS in mod 6

2»

Comments

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dfnce wrote: »
    [...]but temporarily need DPS capacity to progress character easier in campaigns.

Slight problem here: Unless you're already full of that, you'll have to grind Black Ice.

Now guess where the problem lies here...
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On the topic of class and being typecast, what is your opinion of clerics using sunburst to do knockbacks ? I get that it can be annoying when doing speed runs and not having mobs being centered on a meat grinder spot, but I am talking about mod 6 now, dungeons like Malabog or Valindra where strikers will die if surrounded by these killers mobs for too long. When survival is more important because the dps cannot burn down the mobs fast enough, surely this is acceptable ? Likewise what about the use of chains, it is not normal to see in parties, but surely crowd control is now something that others should see as beneficial. I say this because I have been kicked and shouted at for using sunburst instead of being a healer, but I make no apologies, the parties where this was happening people were being one shotted and they were also not burning mobs down fast. The extra time I gave them made them live longer, and likewise because I was pulling huge threat (because of huge heals) I also needed breathing space.

On the topic of crowd control, if people complain about clerics being righteous, does the same logic apply to cws who are not pure crowd control, or gwf who are not pure tanky, are you aware of other classes being kicked for this ?
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dfnce wrote: »
    Unlikely to be implemented correctly, expect longer queue time.

Not every Righteous DC plays for Paingiver, some play for balance between DPS and support, some are planning to be full healers, but temporarily need DPS capacity to progress character easier in campaigns.

Love being able to slowly melt mobs to death while having the utility of still healing and dropping down an AS or whatever's needed. Playing DC back in mod 2 was the worst experience I had in this game aside from this poorly launched mod 6. I never want to feel completely useless at fighting off simple trash enemies again.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mobs need to be in tight groups, not spread out. If they're beating on them too hard, buff their DR, debuff the mobs damage or heal them. Hell, hit them DL. All of those are better solutions than knocking them back.

People here always complain that CWs can do damage. It's been a long time since most GWFs could be tanky enough to tank.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    THE OPTION TO CHOOSE, the option to take a class you love and shape it into something you love more, idc if im a dc, idc if a dc is "supposed to support".

As i have an option to choose if i want or want not a dps dc in my party. Thats the first thing. Second, as far as i remember its not a dps race anymore, evry1 who thinks like this should delete his toon immedietly. Anyway, so if u see that party has troubles, and they rly need a bit more support, drop that **** dps skills and put support ones, like AS, on. If u refuse to do it, despire ur party is taking a heavy beating, sorry but no sorry, its no use of u in this party. And u r usless, since good support can often do much more than a dps (for me, as gf and gwf, is much smoother to run in party with tank, 2 dps and 2 supports [e.g. full support hr and dc], than with 4 dps).

And yes, my gf can stand any t1 without dc, as long as i dont have that **** lag (shield not shielding etc) when i do, support or not, it does not matter. Anyway, i would not mind dmg dc in my party, tho as gwf i saw many gf which would make a good use on good support.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain