test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC DPS in mod 6

nightwisper77nightwisper77 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Temple
So, if in theory, a DC wanted to be dps cleric (righteous), and take a dps slot instead of a healer slot, would they be rejected or are all dcs forced into a role (faithful or virtuous) that they might not like? My main has been righteous for a long time, i fell in love with it and never want to change it...but with all this talk about how DC's will be forced to be faithful to keep up with the increased damage we take, I wonder will righteous Dc's be denied party slots?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Each class has a unique paragon path that allows it to assume different roles/focus on a particular role, but so far this has been more of an expansion rather than a total conversion - the paragon path merely adds a secondary role instead of actually shifting the class' primary role to something else. Sentinel GWFs and Trapper HRs are still expected to DPS, Renegade CWs are still expected to control, Temptation SWs are still expected to DPS. Ultimately Righteous DCs are still DCs, and DCs are leaders/multipliers. You do not lose Astral Shield/Hallowed Ground/your heals by becoming a Righteous DC. You will not be able to increase your party's survivability the way Faithful/Virtuous can, but that's the tradeoff. It's not inconceivable that some party comps may do fine even with just a Righteous DC doing the mitigation buffing/healing.

To answer your question though, Righteous plays like a leader/multiplier rather than a true striker. A large part of Righteous' damage output is due to its buffs/debuffs. This makes it desirable in any party that already has a tank and healer. Not sure if Righteous can actually replace anything, but any party that wants a big fat total damage done increase (and that doesn't already have a Righteous DC) would benefit from a Righteous DC.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • nightwisper77nightwisper77 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thanks for the answer, relieves me :) maybe theres hope I wont be rejected as a righteous! Lol.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    One way to put it would be that Righteous will probably end up competing with other Righteous for the same spot, since their debuffs don't stack. I guess it's little consolation if the reason you get rejected is because the group already has a Righteous DC, but it does mean that Righteous (as a spec) remains desirable.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I see why not, they're more useful than the current SW anyway sadly. SW can't do good buffs/debuffs for the entire group and the damage is just as good if not better not counting 3 targets cursed with TT and all being hit which is extremely situational.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Given the fact that to run T2s you need a Tank (GF), a healer, a support ranger, and a CW doing at least some control, that leaves little room for a dps cleric unable to fill one of these support roles. You can play a righteous cleric, but it will likely be more interesting in pvp and for solo content.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Apart from Fox' Cunning - extremely valuable as it is with leap-OSK-mobs - and a different form the control takes I see little difference between Support HR and the Rigtheous DC - unless ofc you want to watch bosses slowly bleed to death.

Please enlighten me...

RiDC does debuffs, buffs DamRes, heals, and deals more DPS. Trapper has better CC. Which synergies don't I grasp?
  • fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The queue system will always see you as a healing DC and if you are the only healing class to pop from queue people will expect you to heal. Class role ie. DPS, Tank, or Healer needs to be added to queue system.
  • gsummers3gsummers3 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is Condemned worth it? According to tool-tip, it says that once a target has 5 encounter powers cast on it, they become condemned and take increased damage for a time. But most targets (pve and pvp) are dead by the time you hit them with 5 encounters. Is this primarily intended for dungeon bosses?
  • thewolfisloosethewolfisloose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gsummers3 wrote: »
    Is Condemned worth it? According to tool-tip, it says that once a target has 5 encounter powers cast on it, they become condemned and take increased damage for a time. But most targets (pve and pvp) are dead by the time you hit them with 5 encounters. Is this primarily intended for dungeon bosses?

It's intended for anything that doesn't die before a fully empowered daunting light is ready. There are plenty of questing mobs in this mod that qualify let alone bosses and elites.

My typical Righteous rotation was Divine Glow, Chains, Blue Divine Glow x3, Daunting Light, Atwill the ranged minions to recharge divinity, pick up coins. Got Condemned up before DL alongside Bear Your Sins, Plaguefire and High Prophet debuffs. Lots of fun.
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My typical Righteous rotation was Divine Glow, Chains, Blue Divine Glow x3, Daunting Light, Atwill the ranged minions to recharge divinity, pick up coins. Got Condemned up before DL alongside Bear Your Sins, Plaguefire and High Prophet debuffs. Lots of fun.
    +Imperial set bonus
    +companion bonuses - Rust Monster, Wild Hunt Rider, Fire Arcon, Cultist
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)