test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arc Defender

phargynphargyn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok,... Now,.. every time that I login to ARC,... arc defender kicks in 'because you are logging in from a new computer'. Unfortunately,... I'm not,... it's a desktop, that's never moved,.. and never even been unplugged from the same internet connection, through the same ISP?... the first few times, I thought, 'OK,... better protection'. Now, it's just annoying to have to open multiple windows to get to e-mail to send the validation code,.... once or twice was cool,... but every time I log in?....
Post edited by phargyn on

Comments

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Have you disabled cookies? Check your settings, because I only have to re-submit once a month on Gateway.
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jimmyhar wrote: »
    it can be completely disabled if you wish.
    go here, use your normal login details and follow your nose:

https://secure.crypticstudios.com/default/login

obviously disabling it is at your own risk.

That link takes you to the page where you can disable Account Guard, which if I remember correctly is where you get an email with a code for the Gateway protection wall. I have it disabled but still get the Arc Defender wall with the Arc Client. I believe Arc Defender has a different disabling mechanism that's linked to from the client. I just haven't taken the time to disable it since I normally use the NW client launcher.
  • glykenglyken Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is your router/modem being rebooted?

Trying to get my ISP to replace my router as it's dying, and I have this sort of thing happen with another game every time after a reboot.

Also, is there a "remember this computer" tickbox somewhere?