test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If You Have Lag . . .

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
It most likely is related to your PC or Internet network.

I very rarely have lag and I have a 5-year-old PC with only a Radeon 5570 video card and 4 Gig RAM. So far, I have never had any real lag in Mod 6. The only times I ever got any lag were during huge group events like Tiamat (which I gave-up on anyways) and the Dragon Heralds when there was a huge group.

It probably has a lot more to do with your Internet network upstream. Does Cogent ring a bell? :)
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »

I very rarely have lag and I have a 5-year-old PC with only a Radeon 5570 video card and 4 Gig RAM. So far, I have never had any real lag in Mod 6. The only times I ever got any lag were during huge group events like Tiamat (which I gave-up on anyways) and the Dragon Heralds when there was a huge group.

It probably has a lot more to do with your Internet network upstream. Does Cogent ring a bell? :)

Yeap, you've won the internet, bravo!
    All others web activities works great, only NWN lags the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me, thoughts?
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kemi1984 wrote: »
    thoughts?
    I blame Obama.
    edited April 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I blame Obama.

Fair point....

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Hmmm intresting then why can i play all other PWI game w/o any laag on max setting??
    Tell me cuz my PC is sux? MY internet sux??
    All my friends from USA to -Europa have bad internet connections routers etc etc ....
    Idts
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
    edited April 2015
    Hmmm intresting then why can i play all other PWI game w/o any laag on max setting??
    Tell me cuz my PC is sux? MY internet sux??
    All my friends from USA to -Europa have bad internet connections routers etc etc ....
    Idts

I'm from Poland so CET time. All the worst is happening between 20:00-23:00.
    Each day since Mod 6 came out. That's just too much seriously.

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Out of 5 people in a party, at least from 3 different continents including usa, all have the same lag, especially in dungeons. This is outrageous, makes the game unplayable especially now that fights are more detailed and not just a button spam fest. Can someone elaborate please? Is this going to end? When? When half the population leaves servers? That is the strategy here?
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If I recall correctly some prior discussion about Cogent, it does not affect every online game or Internet surfing in general. The problem had something to do with PWE and/or Cryptic. I tried to search and could not find the prior threads - one of them was quite lengthy.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • bruceiferbruceifer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Like may of the above, I have no problems at all with my internet server or computer, including other highly graphically intense games (warframe, firefall, rift to name a few). Only in Neverwinter do I encounter lag, and disconnects regularly. Add to this all the others with the same issue, and I would say it's probably something on the game's end not all of ours, and only effecting one site
    edited April 2015
    I hear you man...but the thing is I don;t see any real interest from the game provider nor from anyone who can at least feed us with a thought what the hell is going on.
    I would even like to hear "**** you you won't play!" rather than complete and utter silence.

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • jim10morrisonjim10morrison Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I just can't play anymore. Besides the obvious lag in the new areas, my game freezes all the time when in combat. I can't do even PvP now. Before this mod I played just fine, didnt have the settings at minimum.

I have a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 and 4GB RAM. Any advice to improve my PC performance?
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015

That totally explains why if you shift to less populated instances the lag goes away...until it fills up then *presto* rubberband nightmare from hell. Main problem is that spinward is at max capacity with no new instances being created and are actually now going over the 30 person cap (which with 1 very small tweak could become 20 person instances with much less lag). Raise max instance per zone cap and lower the per instance population cap. Should hold us until they figure out the problem that is causing all this lag.
    edited April 2015
    I just can't play anymore. Besides the obvious lag in the new areas, my game freezes all the time when in combat. I can't do even PvP now. Before this mod I played just fine, didnt have the settings at minimum.

I have a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 and 4GB RAM. Any advice to improve my PC performance?

It's not your hardware, it's the issues at the PWE's end. Noone will convinve me that it's my PC issue.

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • kitobikitobi Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its not the PC

I am using an AMD 8350 8 core processor at 4.62ghz
    16 gb of ram
    and a AMD R9 290 series 4gb GPU
    and a dedicated 50 meg cable line.

and im lagging like hell, the game is unplayable with almost constant server disconnects on min settings
    something in the neverwinter camp needs resus!!
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If I have lag, then it's me.

If everyone in my guild has lag, it's not us, it's the server.

I refer you to Ockham's razor.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And I'll refer everyone to the threads which already exist concerning lag and latency. Please refrain from creating multiple threads about the same matter, as it helps no one and will not force a resolution to your issue.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.