test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auction House Tax Collection

eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
So how do I run for Mayor as I would love to know where all my taxes go ?..

If voted I will reduce taxes to 2% and reduce posting fee , install bathroom facilities at all campsites and also increase the limited 24k rough diamond refine limit to 50k per day !!

A vote for me is a vote for you...
" I reject your reality and substitute it with my own "
Post edited by eroticdoom on

Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Then you would be a bad Mayor. The tax is an AD sink, and it is needed. If you don't believe me, just take a look at the economy on the PC. A backlog on orders for nearly 6 million zen. Waits of nearly two weeks, just to get an order filled. The exchange rate pegged at 500 AD per zen, and has been for months now. AD is so common and worthless that you cant even sell dungeon loot for anything more then its salvage value.

This is what happens when there is a surplus of AD in supply. And the auction house is the largest and most used AD sink in the game, nothing else comes close. Its all a very careful balance, and just asking for stuff without considering what it might do, only serves to upset it.
  • masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Price of AD is too low IMO. Also if they doubled the amount you can get per encounter, they need to raise up how many you can get per day by refining. I have a bag log every day more then 25 k and it stinks that we have to wait another day to refine. Only a few people spend money on game to sell zen on the market, offer a bigger discount and more would be in circulation.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    n theory and belief, yes that's how it's supposed to work. BUT...let us NOT forget what also ruined the economy and why Zen exchange is what it is today. Game exploits with every new mod launch usually introduced some negative affect. Nightmare lockboxes/mounts was one, the astral resonators on auction house another, even being rewarded with lv70 belts in mod 6 is a new one. Honestly, i believe like myself, many are choosing NOT to invest into zen, let alone trade it off. Especially after a few months of buying AD to refine and upgrade legend gear, only to get the slap in the face that now your legend gear is obsolete. Honestly, I would vote for that mayor.

The exploits took a balanced system and crashed it. We really wont know if AH tax was enough to keep the economy level, because it never had the chance. So not sure why anyone would be in a rush to start fiddling with system with extreme changes, that will be hard to undo. This soon into its launch. Unless you think you can convince people that you now gota cut the refine limit in half, that you raised, because you didn't plan long term.