test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 6 is an unacceptable nerf to Temp SW's

lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Seen the topic on here re HR's

But the biggest Mod 6 disaster to a class type are the changes to the Temptation Warlock.
Now as it's no longer the 'latest class' some adjusting was nervouly expected. But the near ruination of the Temp SW has completely broken this class type. Well who would want it in a group now?

The original idea - heal as you deal - has gone out of the window. Why:
RNG Lifesteal even for this build - just......
But that won't matter because - one shotted, so nothing's going to be provided to the group from a corpse.

The Temp SW has been utterly sacrificed to make room for the DC promotion and of course for the Pala.

Concerns where raised prior to Mod 6 in regard to the Temp SW and how the LS changes would impact this role. Assurances where given by Cryptic that it would be looked at separately due to the core function of LS in the build.

Looked at it was - but not with any understanding of the build mechanics, or how this class type would fit into the new Module.

Players will, quite naturally, go for the group structure that gives them the best chance to complete their dungeons. With the Mod 6 difficulty adjstments this group structure has become a far more important criteria.
If the goal was to give all classes a place in groups, then it has utterly failed.
The SW place will forever be "Temp SW lfg <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dungeon......."

Make your own group - read the above re corpse output. It won't matter how the group is formed - this class build has been sacrificed for other classes.
Join a queue - yes joined - booted - back to the queue then.

So what now for this class type?
...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
"Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
..............not this one then.............
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lyaise wrote: »
    Seen the topic on here re HR's

But the biggest Mod 6 disaster to a class type are the changes to the Temptation Warlock.
    Now as it's no longer the 'latest class' some adjusting was nervouly expected. But the near ruination of the Temp SW has completely broken this class type. Well who would want it in a group now?

The original idea - heal as you deal - has gone out of the window. Why:
    RNG Lifesteal even for this build - just......
    But that won't matter because - one shotted, so nothing's going to be provided to the group from a corpse.

The Temp SW has been utterly sacrificed to make room for the DC promotion and of course for the Pala.

Concerns where raised prior to Mod 6 in regard to the Temp SW and how the LS changes would impact this role. Assurances where given by Cryptic that it would be looked at separately due to the core function of LS in the build.

Looked at it was - but not with any understanding of the build mechanics, or how this class type would fit into the new Module.

Players will, quite naturally, go for the group structure that gives them the best chance to complete their dungeons. With the Mod 6 difficulty adjstments this group structure has become a far more important criteria.
    If the goal was to give all classes a place in groups, then it has utterly failed.
    The SW place will forever be "Temp SW lfg <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> dungeon......."

Make your own group - read the above re corpse output. It won't matter how the group is formed - this class build has been sacrificed for other classes.
    Join a queue - yes joined - booted - back to the queue then.

So what now for this class type?

i have done a dungeon with sw temp and he was support his heals was fine.
  • darklotusdarklotus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    im running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying not to die, it does save me for a couple min. then I die eventually, never died this much on ANY char in my 53 years old playing MMO's, warlock has my vote as the worst mmo char in history, and i am sorry I returned to Neverwinter to play a warlock
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nothing new here, this was said in preview forums many times
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Basically in the same situation that archery and stormwarden HRs have been in since mod 3: broken, no attention paid to it by devs, have to respec to something else. Sorry about what they did to that class.
  • arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Honestly, I'd rather have a capstone that flat CONVERTS half of my damage to healing. I'm 5th on paingiver anyway, even the GF will beat me in a DPS race- let me do -something- well. None of this silly AoE nerf either! Any good Temptation warlock has at least a couple AoE encounters and/or an atwill slotted! Why? Because:

Harrowstorm: is basically non-negotiable in a support build. AoE DoT, middling dps to keep your team topped off, CD starts on cast, emergency CC. As a Temptation warlock, you need this. Current AoE nerf+Overall nerf+Lower attainable LS chance: 1/9 effectiveness.
    Warlock's Bargain: is yet another essential piece of the kit I used to use. HEAVY single-target DoT, applies a curse, (used to) feed hefty chunks of health back to me and reflect even more. Stacks with dreadtheft. Current overall nerf + Lower attainable LS chance: 1/3 effectiveness.
    Dreadtheft: is a really fantastic survivability tool and with Accursed Diabolist, it was great for your overall DPS, in addition to having a second DoT from AD set. Increases DR, but without damage, that's no good- you need a lot of DPS to put out real healing. Just the loss of AD+Current overall nerf+Lower attainable LS chance+AoE Nerf: Effectively ZERO effectiveness.
    Blades of Vanquished Armies: Speccable to debuff enemies, also a decent encounter choice for a Temptation SW who likes to get in close. Except, wait... Current AoE nerf+Current overall nerf+lower attainable LS chance: 1/9 effectiveness.

Please note that my formula for 'effectiveness' is 'healing done compared to the previous setup'. I'm simply multiplying fractions here, and being generous. At level 60, what was worth 17% LS turned to a 9% lifesteal chance at the start of Mod 6. Between that and the healing being nerfed to HALF (100%, versus 200%), I rounded the loss to 1/3 to keep things simple. Now, AoE spells are nerfed to 1/3 of THAT.

You are now aware, in fuzzy scaling numbers, of what the devs have done.
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
  • martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's the weakest PVP class and has less CC tools than most classes in dungeons, it's damage is gone (Tyrannical Threat Dail nerf + AD set nerf).

the class suffers from back to back nerfs on top of monster damage scaling through the roof, devs see nothing wrong with that?
  • wovenmidnightwovenmidnight Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I leveled a SW during the double Xp marathon, right before Mod 6, fully aware that life steal was going to become.....well, what it is now. I was planing on going Temp, I just really liked the concept of a semi-healer dd. Course now I didn't go temp, because if I wanted to gable with RNG, loose, then die, I'd go to vegas. Anyway, I really like SW, but see no acceptable reason as to why I has to be this bad. one of the new feat should simply have switched life steal severity for change (i.e. old system).
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Patch notes issued
    - checks for anything on SW
    - abandons game
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............