test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anti-botting measures

aristofanusaristofanus Member Posts: 51 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Well, just a week passed after Mod.6 and i see again full stacks of runes 5 in large quantity from the same persons.
Of course they modified their bots and now grind like crazy, ruining the economy and stealing cash from Cryptic.
As my experience says from other popular MMO, there is a simple way to fix it - introduce a kind of global stamina to character. I explain how it works - everyday u have 1000 (around that, but figures may vary) stamina points - and every fight u take part of reduces it by 1. At zero stamina u dont receive runes/stones drop from every source - that prevent 24-h grinders and bug exploiters from gettinh anything useful. U refil some stamina by doing quests and maybe some other activity - so it wont harm casual players.
Post edited by aristofanus on

Comments

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The folks have massive amounts of accounts and time is not an issue. Your fix would meet with limited success at best and simply cause them to make more accounts.

Easiest way to resolve the issue is to hire 2-3 people to simply be in game and watch for them. Every player seemingly knows exactly where to find them. Just go to Sharandar a few times and you'll see 4-5 per instance. Go to Blacklake and you'll see them right in the open in an area that everyone must go through. Go to PE and you'll see them every few seconds.

Hire a couple volunteers to watch for them with ability to ban them (obviously with control), and problem solved. Or, make all RP (which seems to be the main issue) BTA and largely the issue is solved.
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hope you're not talking about me ;p lol cause I put a few dozen on.. but they were all I'd collected over the past year.. and my bank is filled... I'm guessing you're talking about someone with hundreds not my measly <30
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Making more times BTA is not the answer. It will just further crush the economy and drive prices up even more. The trick is to catch the people in the act of botting, and to do that it would require having a presence in game, which is costly. Getting volunteers from the playerbase is a option, but then your going to have to monitor them to make sure they dont abuse their new power. There is no quick fix for this.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    b0rkch0p wrote: »
    I hope you're not talking about me ;p lol cause I put a few dozen on.. but they were all I'd collected over the past year.. and my bank is filled... I'm guessing you're talking about someone with hundreds not my measly <30

Nobody with the name B0rkch0p would bot!! :) Now if you were B0rkch0p11324127A7. I would kill you myself! :p
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im not sure if they're botting, these rank 4 and 5 are quite easy to get if you know where to look for them.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you suspect someone is botting, report them. Discussions and allegations of wrongdoing is not permitted on our forums.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.