test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need a Fix for Loot Rolls & Accidentally leaving the party in Dungeons

sarzec1978sarzec1978 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
I play a guardian fighter and I have had an issue that has occurred more than once while in a dungeon that needs addressed. As a guardian fighter, fights can be really hectic at times and nothing is more frustrating than when someone picks up loot in the middle of combat and that big box blocks the top half of my screen while trying to focus on what im tanking. Sure easy enough to hit the back button or whatever its called on the One and press x to greed it... but also when items are won they appear in the same area and on a few occasions when things are really hectic, what I thought was a loot roll was a win and when I pressed back and X, I left the dungeon mid fight. Considering some of the dungeon Que's are 40 mins or longer to get into, this does not make me a happy player when it happens. I think this issue needs addressed in two ways. 1st I think the loot roll window and the wins window etc. needs moved, maybe over the chat box because lets face it when your in a dungeon fighting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, who has time to type out a message? The second thing is I think either move leave party to the B button, or if not that then give it a confirmation message so as players can stop leaving so easily on accident. I know im not the only one who has done this, I've heard other players complain about making the same mistakes. I hope this message is read and the info taken into consideration. Thanks for your time.
Post edited by sarzec1978 on

Comments

• Options
    woopwoopwoop00woopwoopwoop00 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Agree that confirmation message to leave group would be good. Also agree that the dice roll should be moved - bottom right may be better.
    GT: Rich V90
    Guild: Supermarket Sweep
    Chars:
    • Basket - 60 SW
    • Carrier Bag - 60 GF
  • Options
    ukravahukravah Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Always on the end boss!! i get to the end boss, **** gets hectic with positioning so you try quickly get rid of the messages that pop up, because theres always one idiot who loots mid battle.

and the same combination of buttons to loot/greed is to leave the party..
    thus my build up was a waste of time completely!

this does need addressing... i agree with possibly button reconfig - because if the loot goes bottom left you still may want to roll on it and the button combo is the same and can accidently be pressed multiple times in a panic.
  • Options
    ponyforeverponyforever Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. First off, who in the world thought that putting the loot notifications right splat in the middle of the screen was a good idea?? WHO, I ASK?? This game has been around for how long? Maybe on PC you can change the size of the windows (not sure??) but on Xbox I see zero options to change the UI at all.

And yes, I accidentally left a skirmish earlier because of hitting X too many times. Probably because I'm frantically spamming in order to get the massive windows off my screen so I can freaking see. Don't even get me started on pugs picking up loot during combat. Seriously? Do you WANT to get healed? :/

Sorry, but Jeez Louise it's terrible!!
  • Options
    xboxarcaccountxboxarcaccount Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Agreed they need to add a leave confirmation or change the button combination. I have left several dungeons accident because I was struggling to get loot off my screen in the middle of a fight.
  • Options
    ponyforeverponyforever Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not to mention the times I've used one of my encounters. I kind of think that if the notification was not so huge and visually impairing it wouldn't be such a big deal what the buttons were. A confirmation pop up would be nice too, but if I had to make a choice I'd rather the notification not be in my way. Then I could wait till after the fight and calmly make my choice (or not even worry about the drops I don't want).
  • Options
    vesperbatazyvesperbatazy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We have that entire bottom right corner that isn't used for anything. I would love to see dragon loot and event notifications shifted down there as well rather than bumping the quest log. Please give us more control over our UI. Also, don't be that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that loots during combat. You know who you are.
    Although, I think the devs are going to ignore this issue and combat looting will dwindle as the player base establishes no-no's that people will start to adhere to. Or not, since chat never seems to work ><