test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

chat broken?

warpsniperwarpsniper Member Posts: 10 Arc User
I have noticed stuff i type in chat isn't being seen by anyone else. also people are not spamming chat with dragon locations. is chat down for all zones?
Post edited by warpsniper on

Comments

• masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've noticed this happening sometimes myself. There are a lot of issues with the game atm that hopefully gets fixed. One being accidentally kicking yourself out because of people picking up junk loot. The windows should be resized as well. I hate that it blocks up most of the screen. I don't care if loots been picked up unless it's something nice.
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    One being accidentally kicking yourself out because of people picking up junk loot. The windows should be resized as well. I hate that it blocks up most of the screen. I don't care if loots been picked up unless it's something nice.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Don't spam and button mash then you won't kick yourself out.
  • sofazsofaz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Don't spam and button mash then you won't kick yourself out.

The loot window blocks a significant portion of the screen, so button mashing when you're in the middle of a laggy fight is inevitable.
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Voice chat was down for me yesterday as well... no voice chat in epics absolutely sucks
  • tshark66tshark66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seems no chat works in Protectors enclave at all, but when you are in the higher lvl adventure zones you see people chat LFG and Dragon timers.

Wondering where people are going to congregate to make lvl 60 groups once theya re done with the adventure zones!...
    League of Monster Slayers - Mindflayer
  • sofazsofaz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I didn't actually know there was an issue with this... I had just assumed that everyone was ignoring my constant "Charthraxis in 5 minutes, instance 253" comments!
  • karivaakarivaa Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am a brand new player and just assumed nobody ever talks in chats? Do they? I have never seen anybody post anything lol!
  • finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Chat is super active once you get to the zones above around level 35, every zone under that is completely broken including the enclave. Was working fine the first few days the game was out but the second they took it down on the 2nd of this month for the game's first maintenance the chat has been completely broken. Makes finding groups for charthraxis and the harder dailies there borderline impossible, the lfg subsection of this forum is dead and everyone ignores lfg threads on reddit.
  • googootsgoogoots Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why do I hear people still chatting when I've left the group! How do I mute annoying ****s!
  • benssbenss Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Chat is super active once you get to the zones above around level 35, every zone under that is completely broken including the enclave. Was working fine the first few days the game was out but the second they took it down on the 2nd of this month for the game's first maintenance the chat has been completely broken. Makes finding groups for charthraxis and the harder dailies there borderline impossible, the lfg subsection of this forum is dead and everyone ignores lfg threads on reddit.

This is interesting. it leads me to one conclusion..... chat doesn't work as the servers can't handle the load. I was looking through the amount of people in each Protectors enclave instance and there were at least 30 active instances that I could see on my list (I have noticed that an individual doesn't see all instances in their list too) all with about 80 people them. If chat works consistently at present in the higher level areas I can only presume that is because there are not several thousand people in those instanced areas with the potential to spam chat. in fact it would almost make sense for the chat to turn itself off if more than x amount of people were in an area as no one would actually be able to read anything due to how quickly it would be scrolling.

Whilst this now makes sense it's still incredibly annoying.