test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disconnected way too often.

wade8765wade8765 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
The disconnection problems must be addresses. And the lag. The PC doesn't suffer these problems nearly as much so why does the Xbox?

I waited in queue for 30 minutes only to be disconnected and when attempting to join my party I get disconnected again! I can't do the bloody dungeon...

Fix it

Thanks
Post edited by wade8765 on

Comments

• Options
    tainteddivinitytainteddivinity Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My main issue right now is the server timeout. I will play good for 30min + then I notice lag and my screen showing server timeout. It takes forever to get back into game. What even more odd is the traces I take show the xbox hitting the server, but the server does not send back an ACK. I know my connection is "fine" because my xbox party chat is working fine and other online games work with 0 issues.
  • Options
    husselrhusselr Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been in dungeons where I'll be playing then the screen freezes and goes black and a crashing sound keeps repeating. This has happened so far to me in the "Temple of the Spider" and "Spellplague Caverns" dungeons. I also have the same issue as the OP with disconnections. I'll go to join a queue and I'll get the server timeout issue after trying to join the group.
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ongoing issue for me and all my friends, however Arc Games has addressed this in their FAQ which you can read from the main page and also in response to an e-mail I sent them about this issue. Sounds like they weren't anticipating how popular the game's launch on Xbox has been and they are working on improving their back-end. Read the response under the question "Why am I experiencing lag?":

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbo...A-week-one-faq

It's definitely a server capacity issue because not only do all my friends from around the world experience the same problem, but it goes away when not playing during peak times. Nothing that can be done to fix it. Best to just wait on Arc to improve their back-end to meet demand.