test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lead us not into Temptation - part two

lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Nine Hells
Has anyone looked at a Temptation build for Mod6?

Or is it the case that the Temp died with Mod5 ?
...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
"Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
..............not this one then.............
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    khryniakittykhryniakitty Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The way I played Temp in M5 was as a pure healing machine that kept everyone else up by sacrificing quite a a bit of damage in order to stack lifesteal as hard as possible just to heal teammates. That type of build is dead, burned, buried, then paved over with a parking lot. Just theory crafting their purpose in m6 though (as I haven't had the time, patience, or money to completely regear my SW) they still seem like they bring a lot to a group in more of a halfass dps with buffs and debuffs. Dark Revelry at 5/5 gives 20% power and move speed to all nearby fairly often when you lifesteal, and currently appears to work off Vamp Embrace, so I can keep it up nearly constantly. Soul breaker gives a random ally 10% AP when something near dies (but that seems to be broken right now to always give the AP to the SW.) Those two skills alone can give a huge benefit to the rest of the group. Despair (-5% damage done by everything close) and Compounded Soul (5% of max hp as temp hp) seem to be more useful now, with everyone complaining about getting one shot in 70 dungeons so every bit helps currently.
    So IMO with the current state of the game, if you have a pretty good 4 man team and just want anyone to fill that 5th spot, Temp is a great choice. But if you actually need someone to hold their own, basically any other class/build would be better, cause I don't see a Temp SW being remotely close to top on anything that the dungeon meter records.
    Again this is just mostly theory craft as I gave up on my temp at 65, because I had fun being a pure healer, and that's so dead that the class simply wasn't fun for me to play anymore. If I wanted to be a magic damage class I'd be on my CW.

p.s. sorry for that wall of text