test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cant get past patcher login?

motomotovhmotomotovh Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Problems since patch like everyone else. Keeps getting worse. I was at the point where I couldn't get past the neverwinter title, but now I cant even get through the patcher. Either I type in my login info and it will just appear to load for an hour + or the login information will load and the bottom of the patcher will be black (no loading or patching info just black) Any fixes for getting past this?
I've never had any issues like this before M6 when the hell will I be able to get into the game? Yes, when I had the opportunity I tried safe mode, fullscreen, verify patch, etc etc. Also tried reinstalling twice.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--Cuz the eyes of the ranger are upon you
Post edited by motomotovh on

Comments

• praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you mean like this?

xeIXVjy.png

or this?

xBQolN6.png

if so, you're not alone. its been happening to me since yesterday's patch, it has only occured once a day so far and has been lasting roughly an hour each time its happened.
  • mervviscious1mervviscious1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can get past the log in screen and the license screen then my video card say it rest and all I get id black screen and music... though the button still works though you can't see it.... so mine is the first picture
  • mervviscious1mervviscious1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can get past the log in screen and the license screen then my video card say it rest and all I get id black screen and music... though the button still works though you can't see it.... so mine is the first picture...
  • clevengerobertclevengerobert Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checkine synce query.

Technical Details: Sync query 8 0x75fa5c0 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 f 0
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

i'm having this problem after pressing PLAY. I should be seeing character selection screen but i am getting this error instead.
  • spookholiospookholio Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just got knocked out of the game again - SERVER NOT RESPONDING

Then punted to login screen - taking forever to show my character list :(
    edited April 2015
    spookholio wrote: »
    Just got knocked out of the game again - SERVER NOT RESPONDING

Then punted to login screen - taking forever to show my character list :(

finally got past the screens I was getting in my earlier screenshots. upon log in my character list show up but when I try to log onto a character I get a black screen for a few minutes and then get sent back to the loggin screen
    edited April 2015
    It seems if I wait an hour or so I can play again .. for about 30 minutes, then SERVER NOT RESPONDING comes back and punts me out of the game.
    edited April 2015
    I've been having issues since 8pm CST, at 9:07pm CST I finally got into the game and was able to invoke, but then I got disconnected again at 9:17pm CST and haven't been able to get in since.
    edited April 2015
    It's been hit n' miss for me since the last maintenance patch.

Hopefully, it's resolved soon.

Are you on Cable, Satellite or DSL modem?

DSL modem here.
    edited April 2015
    DSL as well
  • motomotovhmotomotovh Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    or this?

if so, you're not alone. its been happening to me since yesterday's patch, it has only occured once a day so far and has been lasting roughly an hour each time its happened.

yep just like that, except for me it never loads in. Ive waited all night
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--Cuz the eyes of the ranger are upon you
    edited April 2015
    motomotovh wrote: »
    yep just like that, except for me it never loads in. Ive waited all night

I finally got in, game worked for roughly 10 minutes before deciding it didn't want to work again. Good thing I didn't want to play at all tonight.
    edited April 2015
    DSL as well

hrmm wonder if this means something, or not?

Anyone else experiencing these issues connect via a DSL Modem?
  • dagerm0420dagerm0420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im stuck as well. I can get to the log in screen within the game and then it never loads after that. If cryptic is pretending this is an issue on our side then that is just straight up delusional.
  • literaryaceliteraryace Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had this same problem yesterday evening, and was eventually able to get in. Today I let the "loading" screen (the bottom one of the screenshots posted) load for over an hour with no results. It didn't even load to the point where I could type my password in.

Having the exact same problem with STO as well--I can't even log into there to cross-chat between it and NW to check on friends.

I have restarted computer multiple times, cleaned temp files, flushed the DNS servers repeatedly, changed the DNS servers to the Google public ones, and still I cannot get in the game.

For the record, my internet is AT&T U-verse (which I think is just fancy expensive DSL)

ETA: And right after I post this complaint, the game launches. Go figure. I couldn't get it to load until after 11pm CDT yesterday either.
  • norisman1norisman1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    motomotovh wrote: »
    Problems since patch like everyone else. Keeps getting worse. I was at the point where I couldn't get past the neverwinter title, but now I cant even get through the patcher. Either I type in my login info and it will just appear to load for an hour + or the login information will load and the bottom of the patcher will be black (no loading or patching info just black) Any fixes for getting past this?
    I've never had any issues like this before M6 when the hell will I be able to get into the game? Yes, when I had the opportunity I tried safe mode, fullscreen, verify patch, etc etc. Also tried reinstalling twice.

I had the same problem patch day 7 April 15. I have been a Cryptic games closed/open/retail game tester/player with Cryptic for 11 years, I have run into this problem before in almost every Cryptic games since CoH back in 2004, Cov, Co, STO, and now here in D&DNO, the quick fix work around that I hwas informed by a Cryptic Customer Account/Tech Support rep way back when, was after every new Patch that Cryptic does on any Cryptic game, is to uninstall and reinstall all game data files, this hase worked for me many times over the years. So uninstall all pwe/cryptic/arc/game/files reboot PC, reinstall all pwe/cryptic/arc/game/files, reboot PC, start pwe/cryptic/arc/game and 99% of the time it will fix most lead screen lockups and game client side curropted data files :) I hope this has helped you, as much as it has helped me, see you in game ASAP :)
  • oobacratisoobacratis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been having the same issue. But last night I was prompted that the video was reset by the game and it loaded. Today I'm getting the same error again.
  • kirizinkirizin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We have MAJOR ERRORS going on in our home. One lap top we get this:

Fatal Error: Direct3D DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checkine synce query.

Technical Details: Sync query 8 0x75fa5c0 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 f 0
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

{contacted pc company and they said it is a software issue}- we tried uninstalling re installing all we could think of and advised of here in threads.

On another we cannot get past the loading screen that says NeverWinter across it. I have waited an hour and it does not respond. Again, tried all advice and nothing is working.

Third PC seems to be working out great no issues at all.