Install Arc
Options

Dungeons 1600 iLvL

13»

Comments

• Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    According to the Legit channel "bugs are not exploits".
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fenrer1 wrote: »
    That's the ugly sad ****ing true, "anyone who is new in the game are screwed like no tomorrow"

my gf ( iron vanguard) dont have the best gear run with green artifacts mainhand offhand lathander green blue artifacts and a stone and i can tank anything when my team playing good too ofcourse.THE lie with new players stop it please,i wiped 50 times yea 50 times to get used from module 5 walk in park mode to module 6 teamwork-coordination-synergy mode :). AND in my runs even when i make a party with randoms i make sure noone will exploit it is not fun at all to exploit those are for losers thanks.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015

...the bugs per se aren't, but according to wikipedia, "In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers."

Take your pick.
  • Options
    fenrer1fenrer1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    my gf ( iron vanguard) dont have the best gear run with green artifacts mainhand offhand lathander green blue artifacts and a stone and i can tank anything when my team playing good too ofcourse.THE lie with new players stop it please,i wiped 50 times yea 50 times to get used from module 5 walk in park mode to module 6 teamwork-coordination-synergy mode :). AND in my runs even when i make a party with randoms i make sure noone will exploit it is not fun at all to exploit those are for losers thanks.

Epic Dungeons?? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ehhhhhhwat wrote: »

On twin Scorps their auto attack hits 139k dmg , their fire spit hits for 45-50
    On dragon literally anything is 1 shot, tail swipe , any red carpet , honestly anything. You don't get hit or you are done.

Righty. You answered your own question by yourself: don't get hit.
    ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    userutf8 wrote: »
    Righty. You answered your own question by yourself: don't get hit.

...so this game should go down the "Have high-end ISP line or you just can't"-drain? (For me - rural area...)

With servers like theirs? LOL...
  • Options
    userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...so this game should go down the "Have high-end ISP line or you just can't"-drain? (For me - rural area...)

With servers like theirs? LOL...

lol. Liked your comment. Yes, i see your point. Lag is a problem and it makes me really angry sometimes as well.
    But still, i play with ping 110-200 and have no problems most of the time.
    And, yes, game is laggy, and, yes that's why you need party with normal DC, normal CW and normal GF. Dungeons are designed for party play, not for "stack 1,5k lifesteal and rush burning all you see" style. People who wipe, really don't know how to play in party.
    Sorry for my being maybe little emotional here, but i really enjoyed t2 (ToS, CC) team runs today. And yes, dungeon runs need coordination now, and it's great.
    ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...the bugs per se aren't, but according to wikipedia, "In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers."

Take your pick.
    cause Wikipedia is known for its reliability and factual information right? i love seeing people try to use it its halarious. it lets me know not to take you seriously.
  • Options
    kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    cause Wikipedia is known for its reliability and factual information right? i love seeing people try to use it its halarious. it lets me know not to take you seriously.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/about/terms
    "15.2Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 16, you agree not to take any of the following actions:
    l. using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players;
    ..."
    If you felt better from now :)
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited April 2015

And who the hell said that?

Putting that asaid. I was doing elol on my gf with 55k (DT set) and my gwf with 38k hp with AoW set, all i need was to learn how to avoid big red zones instead of sprinting on them. I got back to unstoppable + sprint in dragon direction instead of totaly avoiding reds (speakign of wings atk here, but also tail) after i got full blue set and 90k hp. No biggie. My gf from the beggining was dying only coz of non-working shield (beside first run, when i messed up couple of times, coz i underestimated enemies. ^^')

In this mod i still can stay in breath with shield up, i still can keep lol in entrane direction without spining it at all. And i still see bad gfs spining this poor dragon all fight when im on gwf. And on gwf, thanks to new set, its more challenging to grab ppl on my lvl, than content itself. Its hard to do somthing, when dc and cw wipe 10s into battle. When lol dont even start to use FB's and/or anything else beside claw and breath. xD

Stop crying.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Stop crying.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

100% agree.

Spidey

• Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My experiences thus far:

There is a very WIDE distribution of talent and gear out there.

If you use the random queue to find a party, chances are, your team will not make it past the first boss in ELOL, or your team will not make it past the portals room in VT (not even to first boss). And that is with GF and DC. So from this point of view, the dungeons are very hard. A random bunch of players likely will not be able to finish them.

If you have a decent party, the T1 dungeons are not all that bad, but you do need to work at it more. You do need to open caskets in VT and you do need to dodge the red in ELOL. You can't stand behind the dragon, because the tail swipe will one-shot kill you. You have to be near the healer otherwise you won't get heals and those are important now. But decent parties know this.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    My experiences thus far:

There is a very WIDE distribution of talent and gear out there.

If you use the random queue to find a party, chances are, your team will not make it past the first boss in ELOL, or your team will not make it past the portals room in VT (not even to first boss). And that is with GF and DC. So from this point of view, the dungeons are very hard. A random bunch of players likely will not be able to finish them.

If you have a decent party, the T1 dungeons are not all that bad, but you do need to work at it more. You do need to open caskets in VT and you do need to dodge the red in ELOL. You can't stand behind the dragon, because the tail swipe will one-shot kill you. You have to be near the healer otherwise you won't get heals and those are important now. But decent parties know this.

I hate when i need to agree with pointsman with 100%. That dont feels right.

Will just add, that wiping with que aprties is usualy caused by bad gf (yes, i just said that) or not working gf's shield, at least if we speak about first boss in elol. ;)

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So I (a GF) went into eLoL last night with 2 friends: CW and TR. We are "above average" geared at 70, but still not even close to BIS, and we geared ourselves with friends so we have extensive experience doing content under-geared. At 60 I was about 1800 GS with a couple oranges and rank 7s.

I go to eLoL with queue, there is an under-geared TR just dinged 70 crappy gear and a DC. The DC *immediately* votes to kick the TR. we refuse. He votes again. We refuse. We are like dude. He votes again. He calls us noobs for not kicking the ****. I vote kick the DC for vote kicking the TR before we get to a boss. The group refuses. This is my first eLoL after 70 lol. He says fine he is leaving if we won't kick the TR.

We are now 2 friends, an under-geared TR who probably was never even uber at 60, and no DC. 4 people into the abyss.

We go to the first boss have some deaths, but don't wipe. He dies. Mind you this is the first boss we have seen at level 70.

We go to scorps. That gets to half before we wipe (no cleric, no 5th person). We are fixing to go back in and we notice it despawned and we got credit. Okay... Not sure how that would have went but I think we had it on go two. I was miss playing the scorps.

We go to lostmauth. Get him to half first attempt no cleric. Cleric comes in mid attempt. We win next go.

What did I learn though?
    1) Soulforged. People have forgotten about soulforged. Here is old NW in a nutshell. You level to 60. You get to t2. One person dies you wipe. You wonder how people do this stuff. You get soul forged, suddenly everyone can die once for free. "Perfect" execution is no longer required and now you have, "don't die three times in a row". Meanwhile gear inflation happens, everyone forgets they can die, they stop using soul-forged because whats the point if you never die? But soul-forged was a big player in the no-cleric eLoL fighting. There is no substitutes for "do-over" when you are getting one shotted on misplay.

2) Active tank avoidance is back. This is another, "it used to be that..." When I first got to frozen throne I was wearing tissue and rank 6s. My DPS didn't instant kill pulls, and my CC was me. If I face tanked repeated waves of attacks from bad guys I would die. You have to avoid wind-up animations in particularly, and when bad guys really start T-ing off on you, you need to dub step.

3) From the instant boot cleric, I learned you all are on edge. Like seriously, if you want to kick people the moment you hit the instance JUST FORM YOUR OWN GROUP OUTSIDE....

4) I can kind of understand some of the squishier peoples concerns about 1 hits. IThe DPS had a lot of room for error in mod 5 and prior. Now it feels like the DPS in particular are under a lot of pressure to not make any mistakes.

Ironically, it used to be me the GF that had to play perfectly, and if I didn't we wiped. I am actually pretty use to what I felt in eLoL. The frequency of the scenarios are more common, but the experience is on par with some of the harder experiences in the past. Not the mod 5 gear inflation experiences that's for sure. I certainly can't face tank the scorps, and in mod 5 I face tanked everything.

tl;dr
    Use soul forged and avoid red stuff.
  • Options
    rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Backing to the topic, 1600 GS requirement dungeons ment to be entry level.
    Are those Dungeons doable with 1600 gs?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    rock9000 wrote: »
    Are those Dungeons doable with 1600 gs?

Yes. Good Grp and good movement and IL 1600 is np.

• Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ranmy first ELoL when I finally got time off work and had a L70 toon. We did wipe several times but more from lag than anything else. Red showing upafter the hit and other rubberbanding BS. Basically the key seemd to be 1. have a tank. 2. runaroundspamming attacks before entering Lostmarch untilthere is no or minimal lag. 3. don't stand on red where possible (might rubberband into it, graphic can lag bad enough that you don't see it until after it hits you). 4. Don't rely solely on GF to anchor your team. There are other buffs, protections that can be very effective. Using HR I switched to fox and naturally use pack whenever in a group.
  • Options
    kreugenkreugen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    With 1850 gs, 60k hp, my trapper HR routinely gets one-shot in SCENARIOS by standard ranged mobs chucking spears at me. There's no red to dodge, no big obvious wind-up to run out of, no CC that is going to save me. Just random falling over dead. And scenarios don't even "require" heals or a tank. (ha ha) And yes I keep roots/fox going as fast as I can reset the cooldown and stamina can't regen fast enough for all the shuffling. Survival pretty much comes down to how fast I can fox and whether or not I get a deflection.

The only successful scenarios I've seen either had a tank/healer (Shores) or a paladin healer and 20+ deaths for everyone (KR) I already have the items I can get from them. (maybe.. it's just jewelry slots/belts, right?)

Random queue for a T1 dungeon hasn't worked once. Either it starts with 3 dps standing around and no tank/healer, or I get in to a group that has obviously been wiping and immediately get kicked. One group at least asked me first if I knew the "trapper bug" for Lostmouth, which I did not. Kick.

But hey, with the DC AP bug getting fixed, LFG chat spam will at least have some variety to it.

And what the heck is up with IWD/WOD being level 73, when your stats are now severely gimped against anything 3 levels higher? Was part of the team unaware of the changes being made to their own game?

Right now, the game is sharandar/dread ring/tod dailies and done.
  • Options
    faltiigrimfaltiigrim Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    spideymt wrote: »
    Yes. Good Grp and good movement and IL 1600 is np.

Heh. For the vast majority of the playerbase - who experiences the dungeons via the queue system - they are not regularly doable even if you have the movement skills of a master. At that ilvl, there is no margin for error, and the queue will not give you optimal groups as a rule; if you do get one, say a prayer to Tymora because you are one of the lucky ones.

Here is my experience with the Mod6 queue for Valindra and LoL: maybe 1 out of every 5 I actually get to start the dungeon; we generally move through pretty easily to the end boss, where it turns into a solid 40+ minutes of wiping while everyone learns the fight and various people drop/add as they get frustrated. Normally after a few wipes people just start getting kicked if their ilvl is too low. The other 4 times I am actually joining at the end boss because the previous healer left, where massive wiping has been in progress for who knows how much time. The massive wiping generally continues after that unless the queue spits out a half-decently geared tank, in which case success *might* be achieved.

So I guess saying that it is doable at ilvl 1600 with a 'good group and movement' is kind of like saying 'you can get max level enchants and artifacts without spending a single dime'. Sure, technically you can, but realistically it is not very likely.
  • Options
    khuthulukhuthulu Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The damage is too High, im stuck with blue gear from quests and Auctions.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    faltiigrim wrote: »
    So I guess saying that it is doable at ilvl 1600 with a 'good group and movement' is kind of like saying 'you can get max level enchants and artifacts without spending a single dime'. Sure, technically you can, but realistically it is not very likely.

Yesterday:
    Grp with a ilvl2k GF, 2 DCs (one with ilvl 1700, one with 2300 ilvl (DPS), TR 1670 ilvl and me as a GWF 3,1k ilvl ( yes, its high ilvl, but now new stuff, except new blue armor stuff). We did VT 3 times. Wot i realize is, that the most players forgot how to play valindra with tactic. Valindra is a joke...you can manage your dps so that you are allways have enough time to open the caskets. Even in the 3rd phase.
    Ill be fair. We know each other in grp very well. We where all in teamspeak and talked a lot wot we gonna do. It was challenging and really funny. Ofc we wiped some times. Most wipes about lags, but that can happen ^^. So realistically you can do VT with ilvl 1600. I dont know hot it is in a rnd grp. I never go with rnds since mod 6. Only with guild members or friends. Im not in the mood to explain valindras tactic again and again and again in rnd grps...dunno which class you play. But you can send me an PN and if you want i can inv you for a VT run.