test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Comments

• t8xt8x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Click on options (on the launcher) and turn on safe mode. It was able to authenticate for me and the launcher is now updating.
  • thyralionthyralion Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Safe mode not helping for most people.

But it´s back up and working fine now, ty.
  • ririyamaririyama Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Had to restart the launcher again and logged back in. And now it's downloading the latest patch..
    It's pretty slow though compared to normal and I'm not downloading anything else other than this patch
    A member of Grievance!
    (http://www.grievancegaming.org)
  • soul0person1soul0person1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lycator wrote: »
    I´ve been playing this buggy game since the Beta....never criticized the devs, cause we all know it´s this bad management of Cryptic who is only looking for ur money! BUT,...it´s a drop in the bucket that they´re EVEN not able to implement just 1 patch without including another bug!!!
    Did we have to mention the OP TRs since last MOD?...nope, cause they couldn´t care less....remember last leaderboard?
    Didn´t we all read and write constructive criticism? And?....sure...some class feats still got negative stats on lvl4 in Mod 6....
    Guys listen to your community!!!!....otherwise this mod will be the death of this game...

Don't be like other people holy ****.
  • swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My patience is about gone. Since the server finally came up on Tuesday I could log in but couldn't play because the sight crashes during the load. Now after two hours of shard mx I can't even log in to allow the sight to crash before it loads.
  • thyralionthyralion Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    stop posting, start playing^^
  • soul0person1soul0person1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm still having problems with the loading screen.
    edited April 2015
    after 10 minutes and it freezes at 3% (13mb/384mb) downloading...
    :(
    A member of Grievance!
  • justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Got logged in. Game stuck at intro loading screen.
    edited April 2015
    ririyama wrote: »
    after 10 minutes and it freezes at 3% (13mb/384mb) downloading...
    :(

started moving again and is now at 11% (44.9mb downloaded).... feels like it's taking forever though
    A member of Grievance!
  • retep70retep70 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ¤&%/# my patch tells me
    error 36: a file was locked that couded not be open for writing

any one that can help me
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They will fix it, maybe sooner than later or vice versa.

Sounds like time to either go outside or engage in other endeavors you enjoy. . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This has been going on for at least an hour and a half now. When are you going to take the servers down and fix it? I mean I do not care if the servers are down a while longer if it means being able to put my profession slaves to work.
  • rado84rado84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had the same problem earlier today. Now it connects to account server but hangs on "Loading... Material files reloaded" and that's it - it won't go any further.
    edited April 2015
    Is anyone even working on the problem? Almost 24 hours later still no result. :(
  • spookholiospookholio Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    egvkso.jpg

SERVER NOT RESPONDING .. (ongoing issue since yesterday's maintenance patch)

HLEP! :(
  • motomotovhmotomotovh Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ever since patch seems like everyones having issues from what im reading. I started out with a DX graphic error that crashed the game to windows on login, next the game wouldnt load past the neverwinter title screen, I try today and the patcher say it cant communicate with the server, so I cant even get to the cryptic loading page. I've tried every possible combination of config in the options menu from the patcher, multiple reinstalls with no avail. Does anyone know if Neverwinter reads the steamNW forums as well as these? There is also a staggering quantity of people with similar issues posting on there as well.
    Anyway this blows, I give up. Liked this game too.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--Cuz the eyes of the ranger are upon you
  • fyrerose83fyrerose83 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Got logged in. Game stuck at intro loading screen.

Yup been like that for me for the last four days since launch i got in for 15 minutes was almost done respec'ing my TR then it booted me and been stuck with loading screen since... dunno what the hell they did but they need to feed the hamsters and get it working again
    Fyresig_zps1e3a8a7f.jpg
  • tanksouptanksoup Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hear you, Blows big chunks
    edited April 2015
    This case sounds like a major failure in programming - much like the case 2-3 years ago in my country when a moron-programmer deleted the entire database with bank accounts of my country. He wanted to delete one profile but he couldn't, so he entered an asterisk instead of a profile name and hit enter and the whole country couldn't make payments several days because the system couldn't find people's bank accounts and kept displaying "The account doesn't exist" on the ATM screen.
    And now, this sounds like someone has entered the wrong symbol somewhere in the programming code. toothy12.gif
  • monkeeyman1monkeeyman1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    was playing a few minutes ago, then was disconnected. Since then, when i start the launcher, I get:

"Unable to authenticate" Couldn't even attempt account server connection"

Internet connection is fine...able to access everything else.

anyone else having a connection issue?
  • gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After having the same issue as everyone else here, I uninstalled the ARC client, rebooted then launched the game from the installed game launcher and was able to get in again with no issues. I think the ARC client caused my issue since it shows much more PUP in my firewall than the launcher does.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • ramesesthecatramesesthecat Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    unable to authenticate: connection to the account server timed out

It seems that I am not the only person that has had this issue... Have any of you guys been able to log back in? If so, was there a fix you had applied or some kind of file edit?

Feed back please... Frustrated
    edited April 2015
    Im going to try uninstalling ARC and see if that works
    edited April 2015
    Didn't work =(
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yea bro... we can't play

I was unable to play all day..... just got home from work... still same problems.

Maybe they will fix it on monday?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yea bro... we can't play

I was unable to play all day..... just got home from work... still same problems.

Maybe they will fix it on monday?

still cannot log in...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited April 2015
    I googled and found their number. Unfortunately they do not have an IT department. im going to see how else i can approach contacting someone there because i still have not received a response from my "Ticket" and i still cant log into the flipping game.