test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifesteal needs a rollback

prettyceltprettycelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 777 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Please put Lifesteal back to the way it was, or scale back the power on these mobs.

Level 64 now, doing level-appropriate quests in the new areas, and yes I know how to Shift/Dodge. Even so, getting real sick and tired of being at 20-50% health after every second or third encounter. Beating them is np, but all it takes is one or two hits and my health plummets. It's absurd.

I have a Lifesteal rating of 2150, equating to 8.1% and it is simply insufficient. You wanted to make the new maps more challenging? Great, you did it. You wanted to make Lifesteal less powerful? Great, you did it. Both together? No, now you're just being killer DM's.

Tell your tabletop D&D group, 'Oh btw, I'm sending you into encounters that hit twice as hard as before, with half the healing. Don't have a Cleric with you? Don't have tons of hp? Oh well, sucks to be you! Hyuk hyuk!' And see what happens. Once you weather the barrage of pencils and trash thrown at you, you'd lose most of your players. Same here.

The maintenance today would be a great place to start.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    100% agree
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it just means u have to play more careful and more stageti c and tactic

no more facetrolling is over, now u play as a group, just like a swat team trying to capture criminals, a single swat acannot capture all the criminals

regards
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My Combat HR still ends every fight with close to full health, but I built my HR to survive the battle, not just faceroll it. I think people just need to get used to the fact that lifesteal has changed, and that you might have to change how you do things and what "worked" in mod5 won't work now.

I have a feeling the glass cannon, run into a group and AOE everything without any worries people are going to be hit the hardest on this one. However, they spent to much time on it now to roll it back.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Already soloed to 68 and only started using some pots at 67. Upgrade your gear and adapt to the new environment. If you still can't do it, find another person, doesn't have to be a healer. Content is pretty easy still, people are just used to playing carebear easy mode for so long that they do not know how to adapt to new difficulties.
  • nielsg2nielsg2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Agreed. TR shouldn't be impossible to solo after the change. Forcing grouping? Screw that, that's a game killer. Cliques existed long before this game, and will long after. I pay enough for life stones and scrolls of life for when I screw up, I shouldn't need them every fight, sometime several times because one mob strips 90% of my health on first hit, and 2nd one kills me. Not as a TR, with full stealth, who sneaks up and assasinates mobs, or at least used to, because Life Steal added to our damage output...
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    prettycelt wrote: »
    please put lifesteal back to the way it was, or scale back the power on these mobs.

Level 64 now, doing level-appropriate quests in the new areas, and yes i know how to shift/dodge. Even so, getting real sick and tired of being at 20-50% health after every other encounter. Beating them is np, but all it takes is one or two hits and my health plummets. It's absurd.

I have a lifesteal rating of 2150, equating to 8.1% and it is simply insufficient. You wanted to make the new maps more challenging? Great, you did it. You wanted to make lifesteal less powerful? Great, you did it. Both together? No, now you're just being killer dm's.

Tell your tabletop d&d group, 'oh btw, i'm sending you into encounters that hit twice as hard as before, with half the healing. Don't have a cleric with you? Don't have tons of hp? Oh well, sucks to be you!' and see what happens. Once you weather the barrage of pencils and trash thrown at you, you'd lose most of your players. Same here.

The maintenance today would be a great place to start.

......qq !!!
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    LOL I completely got rid of any lifesteal stats just because it's completely worthless now. Just switch to Azure for your defense slots as I did for the time being. I saw a couple slaps in the face with MOD6 but I won't go on a rant about them just yet....As it stands Lifesteal should just be removed from the game.
  • tomiri2525tomiri2525 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I did not start playing this game to drag people with me I was happy this game was very solo friendly if I was interested in group play I would go back to guild wars 2 or swtor or ddo. As it stands I'm not very happy with the changes I want the mountain of broken **** fixed and honestly I want them to roll the servers back pre mod 6 and delay it another month while they fix the balancing and ai and scaling and every artifact and bit of gear that was broken by the level increase.

i know that is not gonna happen but this pill is **** hard to swallow.

BTW
    HEART of the red dragon broken
    ring of dragon slayer broken
    Standard artifacts broken while in scaling areas
    dragon bone swirl and whirl scale above 60 I would say at 62-63 they will eclipse tier 2 weapons...
    scaling has several bugs one such bug at 60 I had after being scaled to 70 110k hp upon leveling to 61 that dropped to 52k I went back and am now in level 61 blues spec for hp and deflection now I have 75k after scaling.
  • tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lifesteal as it was made people god amongst men. You need some regen, not just lifesteal. That way you heal up after battle much quicker, and incoming heals are buffed. Also, if you're still struggling, get a healing companion.

Now then before we continiu, tell us exactly what paragon and featpath of ranger you're playing.
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Save your sanctimonious trolling. This is a viable complaint shared by many, if not the majority of players. I rarely if ever group up, and that's not changing just because of this mod. Shouldn't have to.

That's my CW in a nutshell. I usually have led with a Mastery Chill Strike, then Icy Terrain/Sudden Storm/Steal Time in close range. One rotation generally suffices to kill most mobs. Before, if I even took a hit, the 11% of my dps I was getting back took care of it. People talk about tactics...that IS tactics. Melee mobs will rush you upon first aggro, I capitalized on that reality and met them face to face. Now apparently I am going to have to run, cower, and snipe with the spiffy new Disintegrate. It's humiliating.

A glasscanon should die as easy as it kills, which you seem to be doing. Adapt, stop whining.
  • bruceiferbruceifer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Agree 100% with the OP. I'm lev 63 now but have to stop and heal after every trivial encounter as I'm 1/2-2/3 down on health. I had life steal in every defensive enchantment slot on my GWF and was soloing top content with no problem 3 days ago, now after mod 6 I can barely survive.

I realize some people like to be extremely challenged, some people like to have challenging group battles, in my opinion that is what hard core and epic encounter scenarios are for. Those of us who want to come home from work and let off a little steam by slagging some mobs, would like to continue playing the game we've played for years, without it being an epic frustrating struggle, ( I get that in rush hour traffic twice a day).

I get the fact that in combat healing was nerfed to create a desire for the paladin class. That really ticks me of, many of us spent a lot of time, and in some cases money, building characters that could heal themselves with regen and lifesteal, I'm not going through the time and effort to trash all my high level dark enchantments and start over. There are too many fantasy MMOs to choose from, if I have to start from scratch I might as well switch to one that won't change the basic mechanics of the game once I've reached the top.
    edited April 2015
    bruceifer wrote: »
    Agree 100% with the OP. I'm lev 63 now but have to stop and heal after every trivial encounter as I'm 1/2-2/3 down on health. I had life steal in every defensive enchantment slot on my GWF and was soloing top content with no problem 3 days ago, now after mod 6 I can barely survive.

I realize some people like to be extremely challenged, some people like to have challenging group battles, in my opinion that is what hard core and epic encounter scenarios are for. Those of us who want to come home from work and let off a little steam by slagging some mobs, would like to continue playing the game we've played for years, without it being an epic frustrating struggle, ( I get that in rush hour traffic twice a day).

I get the fact that in combat healing was nerfed to create a desire for the paladin class. That really ticks me of, many of us spent a lot of time, and in some cases money, building characters that could heal themselves with regen and lifesteal, I'm not going through the time and effort to trash all my high level dark enchantments and start over. There are too many fantasy MMOs to choose from, if I have to start from scratch I might as well switch to one that won't change the basic mechanics of the game once I've reached the top.

+1 /10chars
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Save your sanctimonious trolling. This is a viable complaint shared by many, if not the majority of players. I rarely if ever group up, and that's not changing just because of this mod. Shouldn't have to.

That's my CW in a nutshell. I usually have led with a Mastery Chill Strike, then Icy Terrain/Sudden Storm/Steal Time in close range. One rotation generally suffices to kill most mobs. Before, if I even took a hit, the 11% of my dps I was getting back took care of it. People talk about tactics...that IS a tactic. Melee mobs will rush you upon first aggro, I capitalized on that reality and met them face to face. It's served me very well up til now. Now apparently I am going to have to run, cower, and snipe with the spiffy new Disintegrate. It's humiliating.

That tactic is no longer viable in this new mod. Learn the new tactic and win or just quit if you cannot adapt.
  • sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tasted new lifesteal 100% setisfied with how it works. my rogues and fighters and even fckn mage never get steamrolled by pack of mobs. i always get a proc of lifesteal from atwills mostly and it restores me to full health.

So no problems here. and regen rework is even better cause a go regen with tanky builds and take healer companion and i get heal just as if i were traveling with a DC lad.

So pls stop your crybaby stuf and grow arms and brains willya.
    edited April 2015
    Tasted new lifesteal 100% setisfied with how it works. my rogues and fighters and even fckn mage never get steamrolled by pack of mobs. i always get a proc of lifesteal from atwills mostly and it restores me to full health.

So no problems here. and regen rework is even better cause a go regen with tanky builds and take healer companion and i get heal just as if i were traveling with a DC lad.

So pls stop your crybaby stuf and grow arms and brains willya.
    go play a hr and tell me an at will will refill your health bar. please.
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Where is the problem?

I have 2 chars with a former GS of 17k and they walk through the new content without any need for healing potions. While Facerolling.

I also have a char with former GS 15k and though I need to be careful I have used up 3 Greater Healing Potions for the content of the complete first map (Earth).

All chars have LS of 1500 or less and for gear T2 / Draconic Templar, no last 2 boons of Tiamat and no enchantment better than lvl 7.

The same problems OP talks about were what I had in the beginning while leveling my first two characters. Problem was solved when I knew how to use my abilities and powers properly, choose the right skills and got some better equipment (somewhere around lvl 20).

And when at lvl 60 I also had to adapt to be able to beat the new content. Ever tried to be succesful in epic LoL with a group of 14k chars? Ever wondered why a mere Iron Golem could kill you with one hit? If yes, what did you do to solve that? Tell Cryptic, the content is to hard?

If you are sure, you have reached the maximum skill using your powers and playing defensively (including dodging and the like), then suit up. There is new Equipment with better stats (as was there when you reached lvl 20). Try the Vendor at Well of Dragons. He sells blue equipment with a huge HP bonus.

Also I don't understand, why everyone seems to be talking about starting from scratch?

I did not have to level all my characters again from 1-60, did not have to auiqre all the artefacts and companions again, did not have to get all these diamonds agin. Just have to beat new harder content while gaining 10 new levels, getting new power points and skill points investing in newer stronger powers and skills. And perhaps I will suit up soon, trying out some of the new stronger equipment, that drops all the time.
  • tristanusstristanuss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    im good with new lifesteal..

With mobs of MY LVL i got about 10% chance, and my rating is 1075... im CW..

IF I FIGHT AGAINS LVL HIGH MOBS THAT STAT GOES DOWN.

Its a new engine, im going fine, and i like the new mod6 :)

I just dont know why i got more than 2k gs and i see ppl with MORE equips than me with 1,7k haha
    only thing i still understand is that.
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Some of you really need to learn how to play.

I've heard all this hype about Sharandar 1-shotting people and what not.. so I went there, it scaled me to 70. I take the Arcane Reservoir quest, and I steam roll through it.. just like before. Have it on video.

I've also heard about hard "Totem of Auril" is. I went there, soloed it too.

Just spec your character and have some reflexes. Getting killed by brainess mobs just lol, some of you need to get into PVP to learn some reflexes.

Inb4 "You're a CW! Easy mode class!" name me whatever class you want and I'll record myself soloing anything in Sharandar.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People will adjust. You can btw. get to 20% Life Steal (6k + ToD boons), which should bring back a whole lot of reliability.
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited April 2015
    If they rollback the "LIFE STEAL" healer DC or Paladin, GF tank or P.Tank will have again no role in game, remember the only thing that made the Guardian fighter worthy in group was the "knight valor" which was preventing party members to get instant kill from 1 hit, not to mention with that encounter active and few life steal everyone in grp was pretty invincible and untouchable in my opinion the life steal is fine as it + it can proc on aoe hits resulting 100k heal or 200k heal, i dont agree to go back on facerolling with dps classes
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Get rid of your life steal and put Regen in its place. You will get more incoming healing from healing spells during dungeons and group content. Get a good companion healer for solo stuff.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lifesteal was never meant to be the best defensive stat in the game and for a long time it has been.

on my GWF with 14% (one rank on ToD boon + my normal 10%) I could litterally solo all of the heroic incounters(bone ritual ect.) in well of dragons and as long as I didnt go prone and could keep my sword going I would never get below 90% health

that being said the nerf to damage reduction for every classes (but tank pally and GFs) is what is making things overly difficult for anyone who was less than 18k gs not the change to lifesteal or regen

if you need that heal then I would suggest you drop your stone and equip a healer pet. Lilinds are great and fawns are super cheap on the AH
    put some azures in your def slots and come to terms with the fact that with a 10 level increase no matter what you were in mod 5 you are a n**b now like everyone else

long story short LS is fine how it is and so is regen they just need to rescale the rest of the classes damage resist
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No.

Learn to play, it's not that hard. :rolleyes:
  • bruceiferbruceifer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Also I don't understand, why everyone seems to be talking about starting from scratch? "

Let me explain then.... Those of us with DPS characters spent a lot of time and or money maxing our damage and then maxing out lifesteal enchantments or regen in some cases to heal ourselves in combat. Now all those maxed dark enchantments are functionally useless. In the new system you would be better off maxing defense so you take less damage since in combat healing has been taken away.

Of course IF I decide to do that and max all my defensive slots with maxed defense enchantments I now have zero confidence that someone won't find that "Too Survivable" and nerf those.

Making PVE harder is not something I enjoy, I liked it as it was, but it does not infuriate me. Having items I invested lots of time and effort into nerfed into uselessness and expecting me to now invest that time and energy into maxing out a new build does.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    i dont think it needs to be rolled bac but changed to a higher stat curve instead of a proc
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have a feeling the glass cannon, run into a group and AOE everything without any worries people are going to be hit the hardest on this one. However, they spent to much time on it now to roll it back.

Nail on the head - ouch!
    I just lover how people refuse to use available game mechanics (not BiS gear)but instead go cry on the forums! Makes me hope that there are more competent players in Lvl 70 dungeons!
    onegaki101 wrote: »
    Content is pretty easy still, people are just used to playing carebear easy mode for so long that they do not know how to adapt to new difficulties.

Nail on the head - twice!
    Thing is Neverwinter consists to a good amount of people who just want to facetank stuff without thinking or skill and roll content within 1 week. Idk if they contribute a lot moneywise but I dont have any problems with you guys playing Hello Kitty online instead
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I disagree with rolling back the change. There has to be a trade-off between damage dealt and survival and the previous system effectively negated it, putting tanks and healers at disadvantage.
    I do agree, however, that the current mechanic is not that great either. Leaving it to a random chance to proc a huge spike of healing can bring back the previous problem when high-end players will reach high life steal chance.
    I think that Life steal should proc on every hit (but with an internal cooldown of 1 second), but it should NOT scale with damage inflicted. Probably a fixed amount based on your Life Steal rating (and level) would be the way to go.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bruceifer wrote: »
    Let me explain then.... Those of us with DPS characters spent a lot of time and or money maxing our damage and then maxing out lifesteal enchantments or regen in some cases to heal ourselves in combat. Now all those maxed dark enchantments are functionally useless.

They're not. Stack arpen, it's now the way to go as a dps. Or use them as +movement enchantments in utility slots. If you don't like your dark enchantments, I'll trade my radiants to you for your dark ones. I'm not kidding. Feel free to contact me in game.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hire a cleric/paladin, play carefully or just focus more on lifesteal :P
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    klangeddin wrote: »
    I disagree with rolling back the change. There has to be a trade-off between damage dealt and survival and the previous system effectively negated it, putting tanks and healers at disadvantage.
    I do agree, however, that the current mechanic is not that great either. Leaving it to a random chance to proc a huge spike of healing can bring back the previous problem when high-end players will reach high life steal chance.
    I think that Life steal should proc on every hit (but with an internal cooldown of 1 second), but it should NOT scale with damage inflicted. Probably a fixed amount based on your Life Steal rating (and level) would be the way to go.

I also always liked an amount based on level for healing instead of damage. Such allows for far fewer anomalies and exceptions to what is intended. It could be level based with a chance to crit for more with severity but I think level based is important for stability.