test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

leadership

drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
So all professions got a boost to the experience reward except Leadership? It just got the task times extended?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• methuselasmethuselas Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, yeah. Apparently, it seems to "combat" the botting/AD Seller problem, they "punished" the legitimate players, as well. While I have been critical of Cryptic in the past, I've always supported them, due to the stellar service I've received from PWE's CS department this, may be the final blow to seal the fate of Neverwinter. It's near impossible to get 24k AD/day, unless you do the stupid AD dailies and I have 8 toons to worry about. I don't have time for that BS. :(
  • luskantraderluskantrader Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah the new leadership changes and requirements are just a joke. A farce.
    The changes and requirements were made for one reason- to combat people who use leadership alts to make diamonds. Think about it- not getting that 1k AD right off the bat when you log in and invoke on each character? For a person who uses 30, 40, 50 alts in a leadership farm (which are NOT against terms of service or eula) they're instantly cutting these folks out of 30 , 40, or 50k a day from their potential income. It can add up to a lot in a week. Now look at the changes to the invoke scheme for the amount of days it takes at a chance to get a coffer for a Coalescent ward drop... 11 days now? (logging in each alt once a day, and not 5 or 6 times or whatever it is to get a second coin on each... which was EXACTLY the plan, because how ridiculously hard would one have to work to get this done on so many multiple leadership alts? it would be literally a second job, eating up HOURS per day.)

It was all engineered intentionally. We're gonna need 5 or more GMoP's each item we want to upgrade past legendary or Rank10 and also a Coal Ward for each. They're herding people towards having no choice but to buy the wards straight from the zen shop at 10 bucks apiece to get them all done. And the GMoP's? more Zen purchases straight to the AD exchange to get what they need.

I've done the math for the items, along with just the refinement points and costs calculated in, and it's UTTERLY insane what it could all equate to in cash costs. Basically only the filthy rich are going to have all the good stuff from here on out. The rest of us are stuck.

The changes in this mod tantrum induced and were all money-grab and progression stonewall tactics, and the reasons that the devs wrote and tout on the blogs like "OH- but it's to 'reward people who stay logged in longer... blah blah blah..' " are ALL just smokescreen and misdirection.

Now, all this said- I still plan on sticking around. I do still enjoy a good deal about the game and have some great pals that I run around with, but I now officially and permanently give up all hope of ever having any of the coolest top-tier things unless I hit the lottery.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Now, all this said- I still plan on sticking around. I do still enjoy a good deal about the game and have some great pals that I run around with, but I now officially and permanently give up all hope of ever having any of the coolest top-tier things unless I hit the lottery.
    so if you hit the lottery you will reward them for their design choices and ignoring the players' feedback?
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yokki1 wrote: »
    so if you hit the lottery you will reward them for their design choices and ignoring the players' feedback?

if i win the lottery im not gonna give a **** anymore how crappy they make the game.
  • mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    if i win the lottery im not gonna give a **** anymore how crappy they make the game.

Lol, got to say, if was to hit the lottery (and since I don't play it, would be hard to win it wouldn't it?) I wouldn't even have time to play this game *crappy or otherwise* i't be to busy jet setting and getting pamper around the worlds exotic locals to have the time to play it :), of course if I was to hit a REALLLY big lottery, the buy a island on a whim type of lottery, maybe I would buy that island, buy PWE and move PWE to that island, and then run the game the way I want it ran :)
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've stopped working on leadership.

Jewelcrafting is MUCH more lucrative anyway.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79