test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is Paladin HotN starting weapon?

ravenlock99ravenlock99 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
All the other classes I played got a powerful early weapon from the founder pack. I opened the normal greycloak for the weapon and got nothing. Is this intentional or a bug?
Post edited by ravenlock99 on

Comments

• Options
    bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am unable to open my guardian pack item (Greycloak's Legacy) on my new Oathbound Paladin. It keeps telling me I already have all the items, of which, I have none.

Anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    diablomuertodiablomuerto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah having the same issue, seems most everyone is I guess they busted it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    NT, was a dupe because of thread merger.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    kinda defeats the purpose of the pack since it is specifically designed for new characters. if I play the oathbound for a day those items will we useless.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    bmcd73 wrote: »
    kinda defeats the purpose of the pack since it is specifically designed for new characters. if I play the oathbound for a day those items will we useless.

I agree, I bought it for the early levels and those items make them a blast. I almost don't want to play now until it's fixed...
  • Options
    gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I cant open it too. The sw had a special package too, but the greycloak worked fine. Why now this with the paladin?
  • Options
    xitium702xitium702 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree, I bought it for the early levels and those items make them a blast. I almost don't want to play now until it's fixed...
    Im playing my main until its fixed.

When I try to claim the weapon, I get the error "You already own that item."

In the GF Greycloak's Legacy box, it gives you BOTH the GF sword AND the Blessed Greycloaks blade that says "Oathbound Paladin Only" but of course its character bound so you cant trade it to the Paladin through the shared bank slots.

Clearly bugged.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    xitium702 wrote: »

In the GF Greycloak's Legacy box, it gives you BOTH the GF sword AND the Blessed Greycloaks blade that says "Oathbound Paladin Only" but of course its character bound so you cant trade it to the Paladin through the shared bank slots.

Clearly bugged.

Wow are you serious? This really sucks, been looking forward to playing him all day!
  • Options
    diablomuertodiablomuerto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While I would love to have my Greycloak weapon you can still play him, Pally is so OP right now he rolls right through stuff just like if you're using a Greycloak on the other classes. Don't wait to long waiting on Greycloak b/c I know pally damage will get "nerfed" as there's no way it should be this powerful.
  • Options
    auckaaucka Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Heyas. Rolled a Paladin this evening, and he didn't seem to receive the Graycloak's Legacy weapon from my Founder's pack. Is this a bug anyone knows about, do Paladins not get the weapon, or am I maybe overlooking something? I've gotten the weapon on every character I've made so far, including my Ranger.

Thanks!
  • Options
    daazdaaz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. Also having issue when trying to purchase ZEN. It is sending me to Cryptic vs Steam and Cryptic always has an issue with my cards. Steam always works fine.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    While I would love to have my Greycloak weapon you can still play him, Pally is so OP right now he rolls right through stuff just like if you're using a Greycloak on the other classes. Don't wait to long waiting on Greycloak b/c I know pally damage will get "nerfed" as there's no way it should be this powerful.

Yeah I know, but was hoping it would be a quick fix. Even though Pally is OP I would still like to get what I paid for an enjoy it while I can.
  • Options
    wintersmercywintersmercy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Graycloak's Legacy item is unusable for paladins. I've used it on every other character, but for my Paladin it says he already has all the items from within. Which he does not.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I know, but was hoping it would be a quick fix. Even though Pally is OP I would still like to get what I paid for an enjoy it while I can.

I agree. If you pay for something you want to be able to use it.
  • Options
    neilburtonneilburton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Graycloak's Legacy item is unusable for paladins. I've used it on every other character, but for my Paladin it says he already has all the items from within. Which he does not.

Same issue here.
    IT Guru & avid gamer since 1981
  • Options
    xitium702xitium702 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xitium702 wrote: »

Clearly bugged.

Quoting this for the new people to see this since this thread was merged.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hopefully it is a bug that can be fix and not another devaluation of original packs.
  • Options
    boogerflyboogerfly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am having the exact same problem.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Hopefully it is a bug that can be fix and not another devaluation of original packs.

I'm afraid it is already devalued the original because by the time they fix this our OP will have out leveled the gear by a longshot
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm afraid it is already devalued the original because by the time they fix this our OP will have out leveled the gear by a longshot

Normally I wouldn't complain about bugs, but **** this is a massive goof up. Especially since they got it right for every other class up until now. The code can't be that complex for this, and should have immediately been found by the QA team. The worst part is it's only usable for the first 20 levels.
  • Options
    jgp1975jgp1975 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. Not happy with this. No excuse for this not working.

We need communication about what happened, how it is being addressed, and whom the wet noodle was applied to for allowing this to happen.
  • Options
    datrixzero00datrixzero00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jgp1975 wrote: »
    Same here. Not happy with this. No excuse for this not working.

We need communication about what happened, how it is being addressed, and whom the wet noodle was applied to for allowing this to happen.

Having the same problem. Super sucks very disappointed in Neverwinter at this.
  • Options
    zacke760zacke760 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same problem. Super sucks very disappointed in Neverwinter at this.

Indeed, Im quite disappointed as well... was looking forward to leveling the paladin. I shall play my main in the meanwhile
  • Options
    couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2015

That's fine so long as the Greycloak weapon in question is the mythical sword. Because then a number of us will just use it as a weapon skin.

Personally, my cynical dollar is on it being a mace.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    couatl13 wrote: »
    That's fine so long as the Greycloak weapon in question is the mythical sword. Because then a number of us will just use it as a weapon skin.

Personally, my cynical dollar is on it being a mace.

For the record, the Paladin greycloak weapon in the GF box is a sword.
  • Options
    amondghadamondghad Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the same problem, say my pally cannot open as its already equipped.
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited April 2015
    Add me to the list. Obviously this is a huge screw up.

For future reference, maybe you should mirror the accounts on the test server so that these things can be tested BEFORE release...
  • Options
    vestinious1vestinious1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im having the same problem.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Can we please get a response that you guys are at least aware and working on this?
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same issue. Box claims I already have the item.

Bug reported in game and tried to get a GM help, the report was ticket number 3.3 million or so and the GM's seem to be on strike as the message was a red not responding one.

Not seeing a big difference between GF and pally so far other than the daily power you get given is insanely op for one shotting bosses. Looking like they will suffer the same lack of running from pack to pack while idiot dps run ahead and moan about tanks not keeping up.
This discussion has been closed.