test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Etiquette or option to auto pass on green drops !!

eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
Would love an option to auto pass on certain drops especially during Epic runs !! .. I play a Cleric and do my best to keep everyone alive and mobs debuffed , but it's very frustrating when group members constantly pick up greens during a battle where I need to concentrate and my view is blocked by popups.

Also many do not realise they pass mini bosses and objects needed to open chests at end of run...they just rush through as fast as possible no matter how much you try to tell them lol.
" I reject your reality and substitute it with my own "
Post edited by eroticdoom on

Comments

• awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    there is, group leader needs to set loot rules.

Can change it to white, green, blue, etc.
  • metheantiherometheantihero Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    As a GF TANK, I thank you for actually healing and not blocking my screen with gear options. I try to ask the group, please don't pick up during fights, especially during boss fights. Sometimes they listen, usually not. Hopefully we get the UI change option like the PC
    If I should die on some far, far away battlefield
    Know I answered the call
    For a grand principle of freedom to yield.
    My fervent prayer is that death
    May not have been in vain
    Fighting for peace and right for the world to attain
  • eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    there is, group leader needs to set loot rules.

Can change it to white, green, blue, etc.

I meant for when I'm not assigned leader :p.. I end up with randoms who don't even know they are leader or how to change it.
    Wanted an option for me to change it for personal preference.

@metheantihero I would feel bad if any tank dies on my watch......... just wish the idiots who run off looting during battles would help.
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Whenever I try and change it as leader it just gives me an error saying I can't leave the instance or somesuch.
    edited April 2015
    While during a Frozen run the other players (no DC) kept grabbing items during the mini boss. I kept asking them to stop. Well during the last battle they did it again, so i stopped getting aggro on the boss and watched him wipe the players. I took him down myself with zero loot pop ups. Yes as a community player I try not to be "that guy" I was just irritated.
    Know I answered the call
  • xboblvxboblv Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was the party leader on a skirmish and tried to change the loot system to need/greed on rare and above. The game would not let me make the change.

As a control wizard I am running in and out setting off area effects or angling my spells for maximum effectiveness. I constantly use the "A" button. I am accidentally picking up loot. It messes me up. Is there any way to set the game to not loot in combat?
  • ericmayetericmayet Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Another Cleric here with the same problem, please let us chose our own UI settings!
  • jessicastar77jessicastar77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Early dungeons are good for learning etiquette since they're forgiving. I'm getting pretty quick at 'select'+Y while healing...don't really even bother looking at the loot if we're fighting. Is there an icon that pops up if you're group leader? I've only done maybe 7 skirmishes/dungeon runs and was leader once and didn't realize it until halfway through. =/

It would be fantastic if group settings/parameters popped up at the start of a dungeon, since the queue/instance finder doesn't seem to have any settings on XBox.
  • eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes been auto pressing select+y as soon as I see a popup... problem is I have passed on Epics for my own class and enchantments I needed.

I try to pass Epics that I don't need and only need on ones I can actually use , but I see everyone defaults greed no matter i'm the one healing and passing on theirs.. sigh.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xboblv wrote: »
    I was the party leader on a skirmish and tried to change the loot system to need/greed on rare and above. The game would not let me make the change.

As a control wizard I am running in and out setting off area effects or angling my spells for maximum effectiveness. I constantly use the "A" button. I am accidentally picking up loot. It messes me up. Is there any way to set the game to not loot in combat?

As a hunter ranger, I ran into the same problems trying to weave out of the red areas. In the Throne of Idris, was the first I have seen the player who walks around trying to find all the drops and kit-specific drops. Naturally, this person needed everything including blues when they were too late to even fight the boss. To top it off, he/she was a DC who didn't heal and that person was kicked soon after the second boss when they were still in the first boss room looking for loot.
  • mellojelomellojelo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would love to be on the same page with other group members on the XBone....but it seems like every PuG I get tossed into may only have one other English speaker.

But it really grinds my gears when someone needs just because they have the option to do so... You should only get 1 need roll per dungeon...
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm love to be able to set auto-rolls. For example:
    Green, can't use - pass
    Green, can use - Pass
    Blue, can't use - Pass
    Blue, can use - Greed
    Purple, can't use - Greed
    Purple, can use - Need
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • woogastomp99woogastomp99 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    since its kinda bad form to gear mid run, wouldn't it be better to rule or pass at the end. save all loot gambles till its over. pass pass, greed, need, pass pass, need.

oh look i rolled a win on two out of three. yay me.
  • karivaakarivaa Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ericmayet wrote: »
    Another Cleric here with the same problem, please let us chose our own UI settings!

So true!!! I am a low level DC but I have ended up passing on most everything I should be needing on just to get rid of the pop up so nobody dies! Ugh!
  • harlemknyghtharlemknyght Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As a new player I was unaware that this was even an issue. I'm sure if you guys explain it to people they would try and be more mindful. I auto greed everything I cant use and need anything I can. I didn't realize this was poor form. What is the "right" way to handle this? Also is group chat voice auto enabled where someone could simply tell me what's appropriate?
    edited April 2015
    I explain it all the time. Just a few seem not to listen, read the chat or even care.
    Know I answered the call
  • sofazsofaz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As a new player I was unaware that this was even an issue. I'm sure if you guys explain it to people they would try and be more mindful. I auto greed everything I cant use and need anything I can. I didn't realize this was poor form. What is the "right" way to handle this? Also is group chat voice auto enabled where someone could simply tell me what's appropriate?

What you're doing is fine - the problem is with people picking up the loot in the middle of a fight, and blocking everyone's screen with the loot window.
  • quebraregraquebraregra Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Even worse for a TR when yer cranking 20k per hit cloud o' steel dmg chains on a boss, and get interrupted by the loot popup... back to 0! I guess that's one way for yer team to even out the leaderboard ;)

Lovin telprydain's idea from above.
  • wade8765wade8765 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I posted this as my own thread but see it as applicable to this one. sorry for redundancy___

Automatic Need or Greed looting
    Menu

Automatic need or greed looting (ON/OFF)

Common suits your class (NEED/GREED/IGNORE)
    Common Does NOT suit your class (GREED/IGNORE)

Uncommon suits your class (NEED/GREED/IGNORE)
    Uncommon Does NOT suit your class (GREED/IGNORE)

Rare suits your class (NEED/GREED/IGNORE)
    Rare Does NOT suit your class (GREED/IGNORE)

Epic suits your class (NEED/GREED/IGNORE)
    Epic Does NOT suit your class (GREED/IGNORE)

Legendary suits your class (NEED/GREED/IGNORE)
    Legendary Does NOT suit your class (GREED/IGNORE)

___

I would choose need on green suits my class and greed on everything else as that's the way other players seem to like it. It gives everyone a chance to get items that are rare or better when greeding. Even when it suits your class it's still fair to give others a chance to win that item is the deal we generally go with.

Your thoughts on my menu please ?

Thanks
  • gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    people are lucky i dont have my mic on most of the time, im constantly screaming at my screen ''STOP F***ING LOOTING GREEN ****, FFS IM TRYING TO LAY DOWN A ASTRAL SHIELD FFS'' raaaar raaaaaar raaaaaaaar, it does my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in >.<
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    gaanjaa81 wrote: »
    people are lucky i dont have my mic on most of the time, im constantly screaming at my screen ''STOP F***ING LOOTING GREEN ****, FFS IM TRYING TO LAY DOWN A ASTRAL SHIELD FFS'' raaaar raaaaaar raaaaaaaar, it does my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in >.<

Wow.. just wow... LOL