test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF Pure DPS Worth it?

nikossg1996nikossg1996 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2015 in The Militia Barracks
Hello. I was thinking to start playing GF and build him as a pure dps in pve and pvp. So guys can you tell me if it is worth going pure dps? And if you can share any build. I would be so grateful.
9.jpg
Post edited by nikossg1996 on

Comments

• overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The question depends entirely on what tyou want to accomplish, what is fun for you. Can a "pure" dps build be fun in pve and pvp? Definitely. Will it help the party achieve whatever group goal they are going for, as much as a support/defense build would? Not at all.

Mod6 is plopping into being tomorrow so any builds that are relevant today will likely be useless tomorrow. However, for dps, traditionally the conqueror tree is the GF go to dps build.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hello. I was thinking to start playing GF and build him as a pure dps in pve and pvp. So guys can you tell me if it is worth going pure dps? And if you can share any build. I would be so grateful.

In mod5 ,it is almost impossible.i mean if you go full dps at 20k gs you will do less damage than 12k cw.

In mod6 things might be a little better ,but still it is very very difficult...

Asto nik, den aksizei...
  • nikossg1996nikossg1996 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Atleast in pvp is it worth going as DPS or its better something hybrid?
    9.jpg
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Atleast in pvp is it worth going as DPS or its better something hybrid?

I'm staying Conqueror but will put the 10 extra feat points we get in to the Protector tree.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Given.. no Crit Stat.. and now with the 400 points per 1% for Crit.. I don't see GF dps (I mean most DPS are generally going to have lower Crit %'s... and Vorpal didn't get much of a boost as Terror in Mod 6).. being significant.. at least before you could get 2-3k Crit in Mod 5 and below.. that would get you 25%-30% crit with Conqueror Final Feat.

I'll still got Conqueror for leveling, but I will likely switch to Prot @ 70.. given the reports of how hard Mobs hit dungeons... and the 500% threat increase for us.

Before DPS = Threat.. now our natural threat % makes it a moot point. I think it will be more about staying alive.

I'm actually going to take all of my stat points out of STR and put them into DEX... for increased Armor Ignore and Deflection % increase.
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thestaggy wrote: »
    I'm staying Conqueror but will put the 10 extra feat points we get in to the Protector tree.

I did this on my iv conq and am loving the results. Can run around forever with about 15% hp and surprise the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of players in pvp who focus me thinking it will be an easy kill lol. Closing in on the next pvp set and can't wait till that 15% is like 15k hp.