test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A couple questions from someone brand new to the game...

nickisisnickisis Member Posts: 25 Arc User
Hey all, finding lots of good information, but after searching for the last half hour still have a couple questions that I can't seem to find a good answer for.

1) Quests. So a buddy and me finished some of the early level quests last night, but we have a third guy that plays with us that's joining tonight. Can we redo these quests with him? Is a quest gone once you complete it?

2) What about level differences? If we end up getting to level 30 and he is still level 10, can we still do quests with a lower level player? Does it sync the levels or anything?

Thanks for any responses!
Post edited by nickisis on

Comments

• cindatravellercindatraveller Member Posts: 27
    edited April 2015
    While I've not tested these things specifically; from general gaming I may be able to answer.

1) Quests are gone once you complete them and turn them in. The only way a quest is repeatable is if it is a Daily; those can be completed once every day.

2) As a solo player I do not know much about how experience is divided amongst a party in NW. Other games you usually have to be within 5 levels of each other to be able to get decent experience otherwise there's a drastic reduction in the experience gained by all. As a level 30, you won't get a lot of experience from the level 10 mobs your friend will need to level. However, you may be able to help him level by not joining a party. Go the the areas he needs to fight in, let him attack the creature first and gain 'aggro' then you kill it. Power-levelling :) works in most games - but again, I've not tested this in NW.
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I want to chime in here as I have played over the weekend with my son and his friends. We often found that after we just completed a quest, one of his friends joined and clicked the "share quest" from the Journal and we all had the quest again. In some instances this would delete the next step in the quest chain for us and make us start over. Now this can be a good or bad thing depending.

What we also noticed is if I was to get a quest from it being shared, when I turned it in instead of getting the next phase in the chain I would get that same quest over again and would have to finish it to continue the chain. I am sure this is a glitch or bug.

To answer your question, have the new guy attempt to "share" the quest when he joins the team. If not let him be the leader of the team so when he sets his waypoints for the quests he is on you will see them as well and can tag along and help. Either way you can still run through the quests with him.
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While I've not tested these things specifically; from general gaming I may be able to answer.

1) Quests are gone once you complete them and turn them in. The only way a quest is repeatable is if it is a Daily; those can be completed once every day.

2) As a solo player I do not know much about how experience is divided amongst a party in NW. Other games you usually have to be within 5 levels of each other to be able to get decent experience otherwise there's a drastic reduction in the experience gained by all. As a level 30, you won't get a lot of experience from the level 10 mobs your friend will need to level. However, you may be able to help him level by not joining a party. Go the the areas he needs to fight in, let him attack the creature first and gain 'aggro' then you kill it. Power-levelling :) works in most games - but again, I've not tested this in NW.

This was also an issue. If you are too high level your friend will get ZERO experience when killing mobs. We made that mistake over the weekend. I ended up leaving the group in outside areas and just healed as they ran around killing stuff.
  • nickisisnickisis Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    draven165 wrote: »
    This was also an issue. If you are too high level your friend will get ZERO experience when killing mobs. We made that mistake over the weekend. I ended up leaving the group in outside areas and just healed as they ran around killing stuff.

Thanks so much for both these answers, definitely cleared some things up. Appreciate all the info!
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You dont get much XP from the mobs anyhow. You can help level him up much faster if you just power him through the quests. I dont believe completion XP is shared, but you can have him drop out of the group before handing them in. Just to be safe.