test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Issue with Comcast/Xfinity or just me?

twackerstwackers Member Posts: 34
I currently have xfinity/comcast, as well as millions of other people.

I've been lagging since day 1, even if my friends aren't lagging. Is this due to comcast? I'm running out of ideas here and wish to continue playing the game without frequently loosing connection every 30 seconds.
Post edited by twackers on

Comments

• Options
    shondyshondy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There has been a problem with some services for Xfinity customers on xbox live for the past 3 or 4 days, supposedly only limited to video/tv/music and a specific app. But my internet has been absolutely bonkers these past 3 days. They should fix said issues with this months xbox update. As far as neverwinter is concerned, their twitter account posted 12 hours ago that they are aware of issues some people are having with connections and are working on it. I believe Zeb has a thread on this general discussion forum indicating this as well.
    If you played the PC version, they had some network problems during that initial release also, I am not sure how much of this is Xbox (cuz it runs on their servers suposedly) or perfect world. Someone posted elsewhere that he thought the same thing as you and to test his theory he plugged his xbox into his mobile hotspot and it started working. Having to play the waiting game yet again with this IPO,
  • Options
    twackerstwackers Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2015
    Tried reinstalling the game, but the issue still persists. Just not AS often. (But it's still too often to be enjoyable)
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I use Xfinity as well, no rhyme or reason on the consistency of issues - some days it's fine, others it's not.

Last night lag/rubberbanding was not really an issue, but generic voice chat was god awful - Xbox part app chap was fine.

Thursday night, lag was unbearable.

I've started hard restarting/clearing cache on a daily basis, that seems to help.

I truly hope PWE/Cryptic has something in the works to address the stability issues, I'm hooked on the game, but the lag & chat issues really pose serious problems.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    There are some things to check to make sure everything is good on your end, do a speedtest by using the ookla tool on your computer to make sure you're getting the bandwidth you need, check your NAT Type which should always be Open, then do a network test on your console if it all checks out there's two possibilities. 1: they could be having server issues, which you should check the fb and twitter feeds for and 2: it could be a connection node. There's loads of connection nodes maintained by the infrastructure of the country you live in, they are usually government entities or they are major nodes maintained by multiple ISP companies. Sometimes they don't always keep up with those nodes and they cause issues. It's basically that (you) A is trying to reach the (server) C through going through (node) B which can cause problems especially for gamers.

Lag has been actually terrible on this game on the PC since launch and I had hoped that they didn't use hamsters in wheels in their servers when they launched the console version but sadly that hope was misplaced.
  • Options
    zachary4829zachary4829 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't get too personal, but your general location will help. Comcast/X covers a large area, and all traffic isn't routed through a central Comcast office. Narrowing it down to a node or region will help you convince Comcast to get off their asses if they are the problem (when is Comcast not the problem?)
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I ponied up and bought a new router over the weekend, had comcast switch the gateway/modem/router to bridge mode, has made a significant difference.

Still have to clear cache daily, but game play is much better... now only if they could get chat features (text and voice) fixed