test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can someone explain skill mastery for CW and recommend one?

twackerstwackers Member Posts: 34
I'm mainly a aoe control type build, a bit new to the game. I thought you gain spell mastery after upgrading that power to the max. Clearly I was wrong and it's only if you put it in your RB slot.

What's a good mastery skill? Currently using ice terrain.
Post edited by twackers on

Comments

• Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    conduit of ice is great for pve and shield is great for pvp. i have a cw. i have expierience. dont let my hr picture and sig confuse you lol.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Depends what level you are on and what you're doing:

For early levelling and easy mobs:

Chill strike on tab (RB for Xbox) hits mobs if they are close together and is good for levelling up solo. It weakens the mobs or sometimes outright kills them.

For freezing mobs if they are stronger (hence a longer battle) or if you want better control:

Conduit of Ice on RB gets the chill stacks going, and throw down an icy terrain and chilling cloud to freeze them quickly.

For PvP or single target kills:

Icy rays on RB for the extra 50% damage.

For elite bosses and if you're in a party and want to help debuff

Ray of Enfeeblement to get the double debuff bonus.

Some situations can get more interesting, for example:

If you are undergeared or weak and keep getting killed easily by mobs, try Shield on RB to increase survivability.
    For better control at proning creatures, then Shard of the Avalanche may be your thing.
    For high DPS output on trash mobs, try Sudden Storm. It works well if you feat sudden storm to put 5 chill stacks, or are sure you can kill the mobs quickly.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vordayn wrote: »

Ray of Enfeeblement to get the double debuff bonus.

No no no. Ray of Enfeeblement is terrible on Spell Mastery. The second one overwrites the first and you don't get double debuff, it only extends the debuff a little bit longer. The added benefit is negligible compared to having Ray of Enfeeblement in a normal encounter slot.

For single target, either Icy Rays in Spell Mastery (for 2x damage) or Chill Strike in Spell mastery (to proc HV set bonus).
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    No no no. Ray of Enfeeblement is terrible on Spell Mastery. The second one overwrites the first and you don't get double debuff, it only extends the debuff a little bit longer. The added benefit is negligible compared to having Ray of Enfeeblement in a normal encounter slot.

For single target, either Icy Rays in Spell Mastery (for 2x damage) or Chill Strike in Spell mastery (to proc HV set bonus).

Whenever I cast it twice on the same target, it shows a stack of two Rays of Enfeeblement under the target's status bar.

Where did you get your source from? If you are correct, then unfortunately, the tooltip is inaccurate.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm a fan of Conduit of Ice in mastery slot, paired with icy terrain and sudden storm load out.

Teleport in, cast icy terrain, teleport out, cast conduit of ice, sudden storm, ray of frost/chilling cloud watch em die or freeze. Rinse repeat
  • Options
    itstheyokitstheyok Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yea these guys pretty much have it covered....chill strike on tab while levelling...

once u have icy terrain, put conduit of ice on tab...also when you have the passive called storm spell, when tabbed conduit crits, it is beastly