test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Server not responding" and constant rubberbanding

kilgoretrout420kilgoretrout420 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
The game has been completely unplayable for me since launch. I get "Server not responding" every 10 sec of playtime, then I get rubberbanded backwards. The server does not respond for ten seconds at a time, where I can't move at all. I have been stuck on level 1. Took ten minutes just to get to the campfire at the start.

Notes: I have higher end Comcast internet and have zero lag with other games. NAT is open.
Post edited by kilgoretrout420 on

Comments

• Options
    godzillasapexgodzillasapex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have had similar issues when it comes to rubber banding and getting the server not responding issue frequently even when my xbox is in a wired connection
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Update: It is still really bad. Still doing fine in all other games. I have to run up and attack something 5+ times before my character doesn't get rubberbanded back. Doing this, I managed to beat the first quest in about 20 minutes. I will try to upload some videos to Youtube later to show what I am going through.
  • Options
    lunaticslave777lunaticslave777 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Game been awful on the FPS department since launch...i mostly been playing with my wife (just a 2 player party) and most of the time gets unplayable...been trying to do skirmishes and dungeons but after cragmire crypts its just to choppy to play , sometimes even freezes for 10+ secs ...terrible...not to mention the long waiting queues... >_<

I do understand that most this types of games at launch tend to encounter this issues, but i do really hope they address them quick, because i like the game a lot but its stability is atrocious right now.
  • Options
    cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So far I really only have problem when loading or leaving Enclave. Ill know its going to do it before it does it because the loading screen pictures wont appear, it will stay black. FPS jitters every so often, have not really spotted a cause to this because it does not happen to me often. Ill rubber-band ONLY in the first about 10 seconds of entering a new zone. After that, I dont rubber-band. I have a TERRIBLE internet rated at 576kbs and its caps downloads at 63kbs. Its got to be on Neverwinter/ISP's end of things.
  • Options
    sammy91545sammy91545 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ever since the first time I started the game on the xbox I have had this issue. Everything else runs fine, but this game has been totaly unplayable since i downloaded it. I have not seen any kind of reply to these problems.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sammy91545 wrote: »
    Ever since the first time I started the game on the xbox I have had this issue. Everything else runs fine, but this game has been totaly unplayable since i downloaded it. I have not seen any kind of reply to these problems.

This is what I experience at any time and any place in the game: https://youtu.be/ZoSvjhWnD3o
  • Options
    husselrhusselr Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is a serious issue for me in Pirates' Skyhold. "Server not responding" happens too often and the fighting animations are not syncing. The rubber banding is completely disorienting.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Still not working after updates. I struggled my way to lvl 4 and it happened the whole way. Had to fight every monster 5 times before I was REALLY fighting it.
  • Options
    jaximusprimejaximusprime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've had some lag issues, but NEVER have I rubber banded.... And my internet is STRICT NAT running off of a cell phone..... Sounds like your ISP sucks worse than cell phones. Everyone dc's their servers need to be expanded/upgraded.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've had some lag issues, but NEVER have I rubber banded.... And my internet is STRICT NAT running off of a cell phone..... Sounds like your ISP sucks worse than cell phones. Everyone dc's their servers need to be expanded/upgraded.

My internet is screaming fast based on the XBOXONE bandwidth test and a speed test on my computer. Not sure how to blame the ISP, but I wish I could!
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    (*Note: I use a wired connection, as my wifi service has been dismal after being provided with a new modem model)

Since this past Sunday and all through this entire week, I have periods where my internet connection suddenly drops (online node of my modem is suddenly off) while playing Neverwinter.

This tends to happen anywhere from every 20-30 minutes, while sometimes not for a couple of hours. This then is followed by "Server not Receiving" red error at the top of the screen, which will either sit there for 10 seconds to even 3 minutes before I eventually get kicked back to the home screen.

Attempting to log back in is useless as, once I've gone to my dashboard, I've found that I'm suddenly no longer connected to Xbox Live. Once I quit the game from the dashboard, about 10 seconds later, I'm reconnected back to Xbox Live and my modem is once again lit up as "Online". I'm able to log in again and play. From here, it's completely random if I'll be able to play for a long period of time or if I'll just get kicked again (leveling has become slower now because of this).

While not playing Neverwinter, I don't have this problem, what so ever. The only possible things I can come up with that are the cause are:

- Faulty hardware (most likely this as, since I was provided with a new modem from my cable company, I've had nothing, but horrible wifi service)
    - Neverwinter is eating up a lot of bandwidth, forcing my hardware to soft-boot? (I doubt this one, since I can literally have two TVs streaming Netflix and three other devices on Youtube without even a slight interruption)
    - ISP related (again, no problems while not playing Neverwinter)
    - My security settings are the cause (currently running an Open NAT setting, not really sure how to change this if recommended)

After reading this thread, it's clear I'm not the only one experiencing this, but it I would be appreciated to hear from others who have experienced and may have resolved the issue.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ongoing issue for me and all my friends, however Arc Games has addressed this in their FAQ which you can read from the main page and also in response to an e-mail I sent them about this issue. Sounds like they weren't anticipating how popular the game's launch on Xbox has been and they are working on improving their back-end. Read the response under the question "Why am I experiencing lag?":

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbo...A-week-one-faq

It's definitely a server capacity issue because not only do all my friends from around the world experience the same problem, but it goes away when not playing during peak times. Nothing that can be done to fix it. Best to just wait on Arc to improve their back-end to meet demand.
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ongoing issue for me and all my friends, however Arc Games has addressed this in their FAQ which you can read from the main page and also in response to an e-mail I sent them about this issue. Sounds like they weren't anticipating how popular the game's launch on Xbox has been and they are working on improving their back-end. Read the response under the question "Why am I experiencing lag?":

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbo...A-week-one-faq

It's definitely a server capacity issue because not only do all my friends from around the world experience the same problem, but it goes away when not playing during peak times. Nothing that can be done to fix it. Best to just wait on Arc to improve their back-end to meet demand.

If it truly is a server capacity issue, unfortunately, I don't have a lot of faith that much of anything will be done. Another game I've played on Xbox 360 (Defiance) tried "solving" the issue by causing other players character models to default to a starter cookie-cutter character to resolve a frame rate/load issue. Then they tried "Improving" server performance, which, in turn, prevented completing public events (raids) impossible, lags you out to the point of disconnects. I hope this won't ever be the case as I'm truly enjoying this game. It's frustrating having my Xbox Live connection drop at least two to three times an hour (it's not Live or my ISP, it's Neverwinter). Spending a lot of gold on Injury Kits at this point.