test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ninja Nerf on PvP reward again!

healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
Just checked. A hefty 7k glory and 1 seal of triumph can only buy you a piece of pvp gear salvageable for only 1K AD in Preview. Currently in Mod 5, 3150 glory and 0 seal can buy you a piece of pvp gear salvageable for 4k AD. Your 7k glory (and save a seal) nets you 8888 AD now but if you use it later, you only get 1K AD, or 11% of the what you get now in 6 days... Enjoy!
Post edited by healary on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    healary wrote: »
    Just checked. A hefty 7k glory and 1 seal of triumph can only buy you a piece of pvp gear salvageable for only 1K AD in Preview. Currently in Mod 5, 3150 glory and 0 seal can buy you a piece of pvp gear salvageable for 4k AD. Your 7k glory (and save a seal) nets you 8888 AD now but if you use it later, you only get 1K AD, or 11% of the what you get now in 6 days... Enjoy!

im going to die...
    seriously lets start to recognize the real problems
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    im going to die...
    seriously lets start to recognize the real problems

Die if you like then. :p

The real problem is the AD generated by RP and leadership bots and real players are getting almost nothing. When players come to a game, do you expect them to pay for everything and play for no content with no rewards?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    healary wrote: »
    Die if you like then. :p

The real problem is the AD generated by RP and leadership bots and real players are getting almost nothing. When players come to a game, do you expect them to pay for everything and play for no content with no rewards?

Yes i'm also tired of seeing the direction the game is taking, challenging group content gets less and less rewards (expect mostly blue drops you can't salvage or even sell from bosses now) while solo, easy, bottable content is thriving and extremely rewarding, especially if you're a bot. Instead of taking action against leadership and professions in general, or against the stupidity dragon hoard enchantments is (and make dungeons give more RP), the devs simply make playing the game unappealing. That's a great job indeed.

Maybe a new name for the game is in order: dragons and dailies instead of dungeons and dragons. Or why not Botland.
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Yes i'm also tired of seeing the direction the game is taking, challenging group content gets less and less rewards (expect mostly blue drops you can't salvage or even sell from bosses now) while solo, easy, bottable content is thriving and extremely rewarding, especially if you're a bot. Instead of taking action against leadership and professions in general, or against the stupidity dragon hoard enchantments is (and make dungeons give more RP), the devs simply make playing the game unappealing. That's a great job indeed.

it really makes you wonder who greenlights all the stupid **** that gets released
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thats a ridiculous amount of glory for 1k..
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »

Maybe a new name for the game is in order: dragons and dailies instead of dungeons and dragons. Or why not Botland.

A vast majority of MMO players are casual gamers, with a large percentage that play solo.

Appealing to the hardcore is a death sentence. Just look at how hard Wildstar crashed and burned. They're having to redo basically the entire game to make it more friendly to casual players in a desperate shot at surviving. Going old school hardcore just didn't work.

And here's another thought, and I know it's crazy.

If you hate grinding EASY PvE content to get the BEST gear, but you can't get the BEST because PvE isn't profitable enough for you, try this. Stop grinding for BiS gear. In fact, take OFF some of your best gear and make the content harder for yourself.

Or hope that Module 6 turns up the dial on the difficulty and puts you far enough back on the power curve that you can enjoy the game again.

But if not...don't drive yourself crazy playing a game that's not fun for you.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • sham83sham83 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    A vast majority of MMO players are casual gamers, with a large percentage that play solo.

Appealing to the hardcore is a death sentence. Just look at how hard Wildstar crashed and burned. They're having to redo basically the entire game to make it more friendly to casual players in a desperate shot at surviving. Going old school hardcore just didn't work.

If you hate grinding EASY PvE content to get the BEST gear, but you can't get the BEST because PvE isn't profitable enough for you, try this. Stop grinding for BiS gear. In fact, take OFF some of your best gear and make the content harder for yourself.

Or hope that Module 6 turns up the dial on the difficulty and puts you far enough back on the power curve that you can enjoy the game again.

Large pecentage of players play solo in mmo ? not quite sure where you got that from seriously tho every mmo till date mainly focuses on group play thus called end game raids alerts etc and solo play is usually a addon , infact alot of mmorpgs devs rely on grp content keeping their game alive.

And as far as wildstar goes well not only did they take grouping a little to far by adding 20 / 40 man raids and not only that but boss fights were really challenging and on top of that you had to co ordinate all those players plus getting 40 okish players to be on at the same time in guilds was a nightmare

Hardcore does not automaticlly mean group content

Not sure why its a problem if he asks for grp content to be more rewarding and honestly he didnt say the game was not fun he just said games is not rewarding for groups i mean how are devs suppose to know what their doing right and what their doing wrong thus improving the game ? without someone telling them.
    ( cannot see this game improving if regulars/ fans are always gonna jump when some one says something )
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sham83 wrote: »
    Large pecentage of players play solo in mmo ? not quite sure where you got that from seriously tho every mmo till date mainly focuses on group play thus called end game raids alerts etc and solo play is usually a addon , infact alot of mmorpgs devs rely on grp content keeping their game alive.

And as far as wildstar goes well not only did they take grouping a little to far by adding 20 / 40 man raids and not only that but boss fights were really challenging and on top of that you had to co ordinate all those players plus getting 40 okish players to be on at the same time in guilds was a nightmare

Hardcore does not automaticlly mean group content

Not sure why its a problem if he asks for grp content to be more rewarding and honestly he didnt say the game was not fun he just said games is not rewarding for groups i mean how are devs suppose to know what their doing right and what their doing wrong thus improving the game ? without someone telling them.
    ( cannot see this game improving if regulars/ fans are always gonna jump when some one says something )
    Well not..i m one of those that prefers solo pve content and would like to see more rewards for it. Its not like i dont like groups or something like that. Its just a pain to find one that fits you
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015

It sounds like you're the one who needs to use the door to post such a troll.

So just FYI wildstar isn't "dying" (death is relative, it's still active, just not huge) because it's difficult but because it has several issues like pvp (it's not fun), lack of content, ****ed up rewards system, which used to be way too grindy and that's why people left, nothing to do except farming the same instances over and over, and they weren't "hard" by any mean, you just have to know what you're doing.

Now back on topic: group play should be more rewarding than solo play, because it's longer/more challenging/it requires to find a suitable team. That's basic MMO design, if it's harder, you give more rewards for that kind of content, instead of giving bots who do the easiest instances and then spam the capital city the best rewards.

Right now, on preview, pvp, which is by far the most challenging "content" in game has so low rewards that the pvp dev should be ashamed of what he's done, and I don't say that lightly, because i'm usually quite supportive about what they do. Instead of giving extra RP to the bot's quest (aka the "arcane reservoir"), maybe some time could be taken to take a look at the pvp stores and put more appropriate rewards in it, because, frankly, it needs attention, just like epic dungeons, who now mostly give blue BoP items who can't be traded, salvaged, and just vendored for a pitiful amount of a useless currency.

It's absolutely astounding that the devs put so much effort to strip group endgame content off its current rewards, which aren't high but somewhat acceptable, even if they're relly low, instead of nuking leadership farms accounts - the real hot topic and reason why endgame got unfairly treated like that. There's too much rAD around but of course it has to be because the pvp and pve group content rewards are too high... It's of course not leadership mules... :rolleyes:
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Don't worry. I closed the door behind me on my way out. :)

Cheers, Neverwinter!
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited April 2015

You know...they don't have to make the game hardcore to make it more interesting, they just need to take away the heavy emphasis on incredibly tedious tasks...like doing leadership, or grinding dailies. If progression was gated behind team content like it once was in mod 0, 1 and 2, then people could have a more enjoyable time without making it super hardcore. Also, to kill off the bots, make RP only available on the cash store or from finishing dungeons and make the dungeon reward reasonable, this applies for artifact RP and enchant RP, obviously the rewards would have to be quite large for this to be feasible, but it would defeat the dev's nemesis of the bots and give players a reason to run pve content. As useful as the leadership profession is, do you honestly think it is good for the game? True, if you build up a leadership army you can get all the AD you want but should something like this even be necessary, can you think of any other MMO that required you to essentially perform the work of a bot in order to be able to play competitively? True, other MMO's require you to grind, but nowhere near to this extent. I would much prefer to grind dungeons, even if it took just as much time as we have to grind IWD for RP or other things like that and if the devs actually considered the fact that they could maybe try to make the grinding process a little more enjoyable it would be beneficial for everyone. I understand they need to make money off us, but these progression gating systems have become invasive and harmful to the game.

I agree about being able to take off gear to make the game harder and I am looking forward to mod 6 improving the difficulty, but this game needs to step away from rewarding individuals and aim to reward teams, as it did in mod 0. You might argue that the loot system favoured the person who won the loot, however, if you are actually playing with a group of people who you see as a team rather then just a random group, then people will try to work together to improve their group. In all honesty, I think this game would benefit from all gear not being bind able at all. Look at path of exile, an online ARPG where the gear doesn't bind and any player can sell it to anyone else. Sadly, Cryptic would never implement something like that as it undermines their cash cow. This video, from the PoE devs, always makes me smile:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w19sqGjmNlY
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How many mmorpgs out there allows players to use gear and later sell them to other players? Just stop with that nonsense .BTA I can understand
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Eve is a sub based game they get paid at months end thi is a f2p. I am sure u were part of the crowd that kept screaming about t2 and t1 gear dropping from Tiamat and heralds ( rightly so) making running these dungs not worth the time imagine what ur suggestion wod imply on the economy?once again stop with that suggestion and let's focus on substance of this thread, currently on live I can make 50k from 50k
    Glory from buying t1 pvp gear if this change goes live it wod really hurt me a lot,
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Look at path of exile, an online ARPG where the gear doesn't bind and any player can sell it to anyone else. Sadly, Cryptic would never implement something like that as it undermines their cash cow. This video, from the PoE devs, always makes me smile:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w19sqGjmNlY

Path of Exile would be a great game if it wasn't a terrible, ugly, uninspired and punishing grindfest. But at least their monetization model is cool :p
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Sorry but you are wasting your glory.
    MOre profitable to buy bloodcrystal artifacts and use it to refine other artifacts with it then buy pvp gear to salvage them.